Who will free Dr. Aafia Siddiqui?

hana*

for those of you who are unfamiliar with her story, I urge you to read it on *!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!X

I am both sadened and disgusted to see a human being treated in such a manner. what crime did she do that she deserves to be raped consistently for 4 years whilst in prison? one of her kidneys was removed and she was shot and received no medical attention!

I am further saddened that the majority of Muslims will turn a blind eye. there was a case at the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him) where one man caused a womans legs to be exposed (by tying her dress to her hijab-correct me if im wrong) - as a result the man and his entire tribe were banished from the area and attacked. Now far, far greater attroceities happen and we, as Muslims are under anasthetics!

I would like to enquire for those residing in the US if they are aware of the latest situation (the article states her trial began w/c 18th Jan 2010).

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Her story made me cry so much. How can these people be so cruel?! SubhnAllah!!!!!

Ya Allah please help our sister!!!! :tti_sister:

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I have heard her story...Alhamdulilah, one of her children were sent back to live with her family but 1 of them is still...somewhere in America. May she be free...This story bothers me deeply..I wish we could do more...Allah Hafiz.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
A US-educated Pakistani woman who was arrested in Afghanistan and accused of shooting at her US interrogators, has been found guilty of attempted murder by a court in the US.

Aafia Siddiqui was found guilty by a New York court on Wednesday after a 12-member jury reached a unanimous verdict, but said the crime was not premeditated.

Siddiqui showed no emotion as the jury pronounced its verdict – reached after two days of deliberations – but shouted out as the jury members were leaving the court.

"This is a verdict coming from Israel, not America. Your anger should be directed where it belongs. I can testify to this and I have proof," Siddiqui said.

Siddiqui faces up to life in prison when she is sentenced on May 6.

Her lawyers had tried to prove Siddiqui, who reported disturbing hallucinations involving her missing children, was insane. But a judge ruled her fit to stand trial.

Fauzia Siddiqui, her sister, told Al Jazeera the verdict had "rejuvenated" the family.

"And we're proud to be related to her," she said.

"America's justice system, the establishment, the war on terror, the fraud of the war on terror, all of those things have shown their own ugly faces."

Afghanistan shooting

Siddiqui, a neuroscientist who trained at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the US, was arrested by Afghan police in July 2008 in the town of Ghazni.

She had already caught the eye of human rights groups as prior to her arrest she had been missing for five years.

At the time of her arrest she was allegedly carrying containers of chemicals and notes referring to mass-casualty attacks and New York landmarks, leading some in the US press to dub her "Lady Qaeda".

But Siddiqui was not charged in connection with those materials and the charges she was convicted of do not mention terrorism.

Instead, the charges against her centred on an incident the next day in the Afghan police compound, where US soldiers and FBI agents sought to question her.

Siddiqui grabbed a US warrant officer's rifle while she was detained for questioning in July 2008 in Afghanistan's Ghazni province and fired at the FBI agents and military personnel, who returned fire.

None of the US agents or personnel were injured but Siddiqui was shot in the incident.

"She saw her chance to kill Americans and she took it," Christopher LaVigne, the prosecutor, told jurors.

Appeal expected

But Linda Moreno, Siddiqui's defence lawyer, said during the trial that there was no evidence the rifle had ever been fired, since no bullets, shell casings or bullet debris were recovered and no bullet holes detected.

Moreno also said the testimony of the government's six eyewitnesses contradicted one another on Siddiqui's location in the 28sq m room, the number of bullets fired and who was present.
Tina Foster, a spokeswoman for the Siddiqui family and the executive director of the International Justice Network, told Al Jazeera that there were "a lot of unfair rulings made by the judge and I think we can expect to see an appeal".

"Aafia walked into that courtroom already labelled a terrorist by prosecutors, despite the fact that she was not on trial for any terrorism related offence," Foster said.

"I think that if there was credible evidence that Aafia Siddiqui had been involved in any sort of terrorist activities ... any sort of plot against the United States that she had been involved in, we would have seen prosecutions for those crimes," she said.

"One has to wonder whether the reasons she was in custody to begin with are ever going to be addressed by the government of the United States.

"Why she had been on that wanted list, and why all of these allegations that were not made in court have continued to be leaked to the media and have continued to paint Dr Aafia in a negative light despite the fact that she has never been charged with any terrorism activity."

Pakistan's embassy in Washington also voiced its criticism, saying it was "dismayed over the unexpected verdict".

"The government of Pakistan made intense diplomatic and legal efforts on her behalf and will consult the family of Dr Aafia Siddiqui and the team of defence lawyers to determine the future course of action," it said.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
why was the website that had her full story phased out?

assalamu alaykum

It was edited out by one of the moderators, I believe it is due to the site itself.

The site promotes Hizb Tahrir, which is a sect which is based upon many deviant ideas. Its founders and senior teachers denied things such as the punishment of the grave and other matters of creed, they also reject Ahad Hadith. I have met some of these members who had such beliefs, yet at same time called for "khilafah".

Also, it contains nonsense such as pro-naqshbandi sufi rhetoric etc which supposedly is going to unite the Ummah.

Certainly, the Ummah is never going to unite or benefit itself with Shirk, kufr and bid'ah. - Rather, it is by returning to the pure aqeedah,, which can be found in the Qur'an and Sunnah as explained by the early Muslims. i.e. the varioue treatises and books authored by the early generations such as Imam Ahmad, Imam Bukhari, Imam Ibn Munthir, Imam Barbahari, Imam La'ikaa'i and so on.

anyway, this thread should not divert into a discussion of TTI moderation. If thats an issue, please use the PM. Also, please can our fellow Muslim brothers and sisters who are members here, do the courtesy of speaking to us directly, rather than behind our backs.

We are doing our best to help present the Deen properly, its a responsibility. Allowing links to all kinds of content or opinions is not how we operate. - Nor do we wish to have people's opinions on this matter.

assalamu alaykum

Maryam Zainab

Proud to be a Muslim
Subhanallah!. how cruel these people are!!!

May Allah help her :tti_sister: MAy Allah strenghthen her Iman...

hana*

assalamu alaykum

It was edited out by one of the moderators, I believe it is due to the site itself.

The site promotes Hizb Tahrir, which is a sect which is based upon many deviant ideas. Its founders and senior teachers denied things such as the punishment of the grave and other matters of creed, they also reject Ahad Hadith. I have met some of these members who had such beliefs, yet at same time called for "khilafah".

Also, it contains nonsense such as pro-naqshbandi sufi rhetoric etc which supposedly is going to unite the Ummah.

Certainly, the Ummah is never going to unite or benefit itself with Shirk, kufr and bid'ah. - Rather, it is by returning to the pure aqeedah,, which can be found in the Qur'an and Sunnah as explained by the early Muslims. i.e. the varioue treatises and books authored by the early generations such as Imam Ahmad, Imam Bukhari, Imam Ibn Munthir, Imam Barbahari, Imam La'ikaa'i and so on.

anyway, this thread should not divert into a discussion of TTI moderation. If thats an issue, please use the PM. Also, please can our fellow Muslim brothers and sisters who are members here, do the courtesy of speaking to us directly, rather than behind our backs.

We are doing our best to help present the Deen properly, its a responsibility. Allowing links to all kinds of content or opinions is not how we operate. - Nor do we wish to have people's opinions on this matter.

assalamu alaykum

alhamdulilah and you are doing a very good job, i asked merely as a question and not to interrogate/insult/criticise. i am not fully aware of hizb at-tahrir nor was i intending to promote them or any other. however, i read an accurate account of her article with the reference being from their website, thus i enclosed the reference. i was not aware of the above and merely asked.

kazakAllahu khairan

Oh my great Allah! please help our sister, please keep her iman strong. I am very sad for this daughter of Islam. We all should pray for her.

sanan khan

this is disgusting for governments of muslim countries and specially for goverment of Pakistan and ambasador of Pakistan in USA.

ansari

STRANGER...
:salam2:,

FIRST WE SHOULD ASK OUR SELF!!!.. ARE WE MUSLIMS OR HYPOCRITES ????

WE SAY OH HE IS MY MUSLIM BROTHER AND SHE IS MY MUSLIM SISTER..DO WE KNOW THE MEANING OF BROTHERS AND SISTERS...ITS ONLY ON OUR TONGUE THAT HE IS MY MUSLIM BROTHER AND SHE IS MY MUSLIM SISTER BUT WE REALLY DONT DO ANYTHING FOR OUR MUSLIM BROTHERS AND SISTERS...THEY KILL OUR BROTHERS AND RAPE OUR SISTERS AND WE COWARDS, CONTINUE WITH OUR NORMAL LIFE ROUTINE...

WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPEN TO OUR OWN SISTER..WHAT WOULD WE DO ??? WHAT IF SOMEBODY RAPE OUR MOTHER !!!..OUR OWN SISTER .OR OUR DAUGHTER..WHAT WOULD WE DO ??? MANY OF US WILL FIGHT AGAINST OUR ENEMIES EVEN IF WE DIE !! ...

DR AAFIA IS ALSO A MOTHER, DAUGHTER AND A SISTER..

****!!!

O you who believe! What is the matter with you, that when you are asked to march forth in the Cause of Allah (i.e. Jihad) you cling heavily to the earth? Are you pleased with the life of this world rather than the Hereafter? But little is the enjoyment of the life of this world as compared with the Hereafter. [Al-Tauba 9:38]

:salam2:

justoneofmillion

:salam2:When the Mahdi comes and get us rid of our tyrants inshallah!May Allah swt give her sabr, may he heal and free her mind and soul from the stupidity of men.

Wassalaam
===========================================================
"The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our lives, the clearer we should see through it".
Jean Paul Sartre.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brothers and sisters we have a right to be upset. But let us look a little deeper. She is free. A beautiful and brilliant woman, a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, and our sister.
I wrote to her while she was being held in Texas. I had my students in our Sunday School write post cards to her. We did not get a response..nor did we expect one. And InshaAllah, I will write to her when I find out where she will be housed.
She is an example of faith, personified.

I read some of the responses posted and realized that many people still read the traditional media and that is why they are in a state of ignorance. We all knew the trail was a farce. I feel sorry for all the players in this made up mockery. They forget.

The evil ones do this to their own women what would make them not do this to us. Thus it becomes our duty to protect all peoples who are oppressed. Islam is the solution to all the problems of this world. And that is what we must hold onto, Islam.