why do i daydream in taraweeh

Mokat

salams people
been praying all taraweeh this week
but it seems i tend not to listen to what is being read
my mind begins to wonder
and i start planning my life
and i come up with brilliant ideas for work!!!

metaphysically i travel the globe in 80 minutes
one minute i'm in mecca and the next the seychelles

any ideas what i need to be doing any suggestions welcome
peace

Kayote

What Muslima80 has said is so true.

It really is very beautiful to read the translation of Nawaz. Surah At Fatiha has the most beautiful meaning & it really convinces you how Grand Allah is & where we are.

With Taraweh, ofcourse you need to learn Quran Arabic to fully understand the meaning but as long as you make an effort during your prayers to concentrate on listening, Insha'Allah Allah will accept. Remember, its about your intentions.

Salam

Hasba

Salaams brother Mokat, I know what you mean. I have been on this journey with you! At one point I was thinking what I should eat after taraweeh?? chicken or lamb? However today I was standing behind someone who had not changed his socks as they stank.. this was very off putting and unpleasant! what do you have to say to that? Back to the consentration i dont know what to say?? I hope you get back on track and find the answers your looking for. K-dfiz

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam,

First realise why we pray. It should not be a chore or something that makes our minds wonder.

There is not a person on this world who can concentrate 100% on prayer every single time... A person will have worries or things going through their mind.

What we can do is pray as if we see Allah, but, if we can not do that, know that Allah can see us.

To do the Salah (prayer) with sincerity, eagerness, love and with soft heartedness is called Khushoo'.

Allah says in the Quran:
Successful indeed are the believers. Those who offer their prayer with al-Khushoo'.
[Soorah al-Muminoon 23:1-2]

I have added some Articles about this in the website in prayer section so that we can all benefit inshaAllah:

Khushoo In Prayer by al-Hâfidh Ibn Rajab

Establish the Prayers and the Prize is Paradise

Developing Humility in Prayer by Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal (Rahimahullah)

The importance of the prayer in Islam

When Muslims Steal (about Prayer)

The Prayer of the Weak and its Connection with Aid and Victory of the Ummah

The Night Prayer

The Importance of the Mosque in Islam

The Excellence of Attachment to the Mosques and Sitting in Them

The Etiquette for Salat al-Jumuah

Saying of the Salaf About the Du`aa

Salaat ad-Duhaa (Forenoon prayer)

One Who Misses The Prayer & Benefits Of The Prayer

Leaving the `Asr Prayer

Factors That Facilitate Performance Of The Night Prayer