WHY DO INDIAN MUSLIMS FOLLOW VEDAS MORE THAN QURAN

AISHA14

allah is my lord
:salam2:
WELL BROTHERS yesterday ,i attended one indian marrage they did so many use less things ..they are just eh! tooooooo much with all that bidah. they took a big hall worth rupees 1lakh and so much of food was waisted ya allah and not only that. before maraige they kept many funtions like HALDi(turmeric powder funtion) were they apply turmeric powder mixed with water to the bride and groom on thier legs ,face ,arms, in the precence of males and female its so free gathering of the opposite sexes . i mean they add many stupid things like this .if our prophet :saw:was there then he would surely stop this eh!:SMILY138:... well its all bidah .... and some of them here make grave yards as a place of celebration:SMILY309:...... i mean they say the man who died in this grave was very islamic person and they bow infront of him and ask him to ask allah to cure there disease ........
they never listen to us when we say them all this is nothing but shirk and bidah .but they reply to us telling that" you people are from saudi you dont know the truth many mairacles have taken plece in this grave yard and many are cured" and bla bla bla:tantrum1:........
iam just fed up of all this .ah it certainly makes me angry:angryred::angryblue:
jazakallah

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
your right sis...
this is too,too,too,too,too,too,too wrong....
i dont understand why the hell do they do this...
asthagfiruallah...
it is a shame for all of us muslims..
in saudi arabia they dont do all these crap things...(wierd)..
alhamdulillah, saudi arabia is pure country, and even the people are pure...
but , here so many of them are following and doing shirk (sick)...
inshallah, may allah guide them-ameen-

hidaya

assalamualikum
i dont know why u have put all 'indian muslims' in one category sayin they are followin vedas just bcoz u saw some people doin it u cant balme the whole community it is bcoz of their lack of religious knowledge.we have organisations that are religious and are workin hard to wipe out shirk n bidah from our society.and who said wat they did is according to vedas it is just tradition u should analyse n study before u can criticize other muslims as a whole just bcoz u saw few people doing wat is unislamic.furthermore some arab people have a notion that we indian muslims dont know anything about islam that is according to my experience,since i have been brought in an arab country,they are surprised of how we read the quran jus like them and so on so forth.i was surprised of how they reacted and how little knowledge they have of other muslims.i have one more question to ask u since u said that we were following the vedas when few indians put turmeric etc etc what dress do arab women wear during marraige ?they wear as i have seen sleeveless white gown thats the brides dress and others sleeveless gowns so u guys followin the quran!! u r just imitating the west !in one of hadith of the prophet he has told that whoever imitates a group of people he is considered to be one of them!so u must rectify mistakes that occur within ur soceity rather than blaming others.i am not saying wat they did is right but u shouldnt put evrybody in the same category

AISHA14

allah is my lord
oh ya sister (HIDAYA) well your right as you said of your experience, well sister it is my mistake that i included all the indian muslims coz you know after all iam a human so i do mistakes and its my pleasure to be corrected ..... may be sis i disspointed you by blaming other indian muslims but many of the indians here themselve say that majority of indian muslims do shirk and bidah and i was quite upset of that ..... coz allah him self says that he will not forgive for the people who commited shirk . and i also explained them and gave them knowlege but still they denied ....... ya you are right that many arabs do follow chritians and dont have good iman but not mojority does that in saudi ...... well sis i did a mistake by blaming indians and i realised it as you told me in a IMPOLLITE MANNER then why did you do the same by critizicing saudis well .sister this is a forum named TURN TO ISLAM so we all must also know that its very necessary to have a polite nature ,so sis its okay if you spoke this way to ME but what if you behave the same with the nonmuslims here on this website .....so sister please use your love while you correct some ones mistakes as we all do commit mistakes
jazakallah

hidaya

i apologise for my impoliteness.may ALLAH guide all of us to d straight path.i was so upset by reading ur post nyway i shuldnt have repiled in dat manner....sorry once again n thank u 4 correcting my mistake sis may ALLAH bless u !

AISHA14

allah is my lord
i apologise for my impoliteness.may ALLAH guide all of us to d straight path.did i misbehave with d non muslims ?can i knw wat i did ?

mashallah may allah bless you ,may allah give us all this beautifull nature of your of repenting our mistakes as we all are sinners............... well i never sayed you did misbehave with the nonmuslims but you know the nature of us all (humans)by making one mistake we do many more.

zbhotto

Banned
The reason

When the arab came to preach islam in the indian subcontinent they convert specially the lower cast Hindus. While they convert the hindus they did not convert to a new culture. They just convert people into the basic five pillars of islamic faith. They achieve ground breaking success in converting people in maldives, srilanka, nepal and south-west india. Therefore, although the new muslims parctice the five pillars of islam their old inheritage of culture still exist today. Even the Ahle sunnah jamat do not object so seriously as you are doing. We have very high scholar of ISLAM in india, nepal, srilanka, maldives, and Bangladesh and most of them do not interfere in the cultural inheritage. Anyway we are closer to ISLAM in terms of culture and have significant difference with HINDUS in terms of culture. A south indian.

Scotpak

Wherever Muslim's are Islam mostly takes on the culture of the people so India is not an exception.In India and to a lesser degree the rest of the subcontinent the influence of Hindu customs amongst non-Hindu's is obvious as is Islam's great contribution to Indian/Hindu culture as a whole.

Such things also happen in other Islamic nations like Indonesia so it's unfair to single out Indian Muslims!.Moreover,i've attended a few Arab weddings and seen both genders dance without shame with other "entertainment" being provided by magicians!!.Attended an Egyptian wedding once where belly dancers where the order of the day so we must seperate a people's culture from true Islam and the way of the Holy Prophet(saw).

AISHA14

allah is my lord
NO SISTER I LOVE YOU FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH MAY ALLAH LOVE YOU THYE MOST AMEEN AND MAY HE LOVE YOU AGAIN THE MOST AMEEN:)

AISHA14

allah is my lord
OH iam so sorry for telling indians like this but i never knew about egypcian culture and all that iam so sorry .............. as my sis hidaya also made me realise that its not only india which have these traditions but other countries also ........ iam extremly sorry hope you all forgive me

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
muslims enjoyed pure Islam in first 300 years. after that there came many innovations, spiritual stagnations, etc.

i think its a problem of not only indian muslims but muslims all over the world. different parts of muslim world have different types of innovations.

AISHA14

allah is my lord
muslims enjoyed pure Islam in first 300 years. after that there came many innovations, spiritual stagnations, etc.

i think its a problem of not only indian muslims but muslims all over the world. different parts of muslim world have different types of innovations.

exactly very true

sistersalina

Sigh, It is sad to know there are people who are doing this. I've seen hindu people doing this showering thing actually. May Allah guide us all.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I'm sorry if I offended any Indian Muslim, me too Indian reverted Muslim.

My younger brother a revert also. Recently I went to his future wife house to discuss about marriage proposal. They are born Muslim. I was shocked when they told my brother (separately) that one of the ceremony will be my brother will need to tie a black rope just like hindu tie "mangala sutra". I told my brother no, but he said the girl family insist and apparently it is normal practice in their family. I check with other Indian Muslims they told me it is normal practice in India too. I really not very sure but my own foster parents told me this.

Once again, pls accept my apology if this is construed as "generalising all Indian Muslim". No this is only for the sake of knowledge and to ensure my brother will not commit bid'ah during his wedding day.

Can someone more knowledgeable tell me what is happenning?

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I can tell you at least that I've never seen an Indian muslim family go with the "mangal sutra" thing... because we call it a hindu custom. And I'm from India. But you'll get all sorts of people everywhere.

soulzcore

Abd-Allah !!
I can tell you at least that I've never seen an Indian muslim family go with the "mangal sutra" thing... because we call it a hindu custom. And I'm from India. But you'll get all sorts of people everywhere.

I agree.. There are all kinds of people in INDIA, and i think innovations and fabrications are found every where and not only in INDIA. I lived in INDIA, but nvr ever visited any dargah, or nvr heard of the mangal sutra thing.. I know a lot of salafi folks and also lots of the green people :) (the dargah people)..

Irshaad.K

:salam2:

The environment plays a huge role in influencing peoples behavior and customs. For example, if a man goes to work everyday where all at work are dressed according to sunnat, he to would start dressing in that way...

It's so saddening to hear of the descendants of sahabah who went to Brazil and over time they lost their Iman. Just recently brothers came back from Brazil (who went there for the effort of deen) and narrated the story of taking one such youngster to the musjid for the FIRST TIME in his 26 years of life to perform jumma salaah and also learn the kalimah!

Parents should make it their duty to create an environment conducive to deen such that the iman of their children is preserved. In my personal opinion the filthy television box should be thrown out of every home that possesses it..

Scotpak

I'm of Pakistani origin and not an Indian Muslim.Regardless,the point is that such things are happening wherever Muslim's so it's unfair to generalise especially where Muslim's form a minority.

well pakistani and indian culture or bidah is quite similar to each other .......putting the Quran on top of the head of the bride and groom after all the dancing and music is like the biggest hypocrisy u can ever imagine...its like first u kill some1 and cut him to pieces then u sew him up and say well now the police will think i have feelings so they wont arrest me