why do muslims celebrte their wedding parties like christians?Is it allowed in islam

kayenat

:salam2: sisters and brothers
as i have seen for many years the muslim communities celebrate their parties lik nonmuslims. dont we have our own islamic culture to celebrate?
i mean recently we mostly wear western clothes and obey the culture of nonnuslims as wearing white clothes of bride, and black suit of groom, cutting cake, blowing candle. having quran on the head of groom and bride. please share ur ideas
thanks

Meekaal

This is quite sad. It is especially true in my city where people have made it the "norm" and the "must" to follow the Kuffaar's way of celebrating weddings by calling a DJ (!), the bride showing more than 1/3 of her body, the bride and groom shaking hands of whosoever goes to them, and all the invited girls showing, again, more than 1/3 of their bodies (or more) even if they are supposedly Hijaabees at other "regular" days.

There is a book by Shaykh al-Albaanee about the etiquette of marriage in Islaam. It may be a good read.

Note: I don't go to weddings myself. This is so widespread that almost everybody knows this is the case hence the above description.

Muslim-life

Always Alhamdulilah
Assalamo alikom-

Is it really a western tradition to wear white dress? But this is a global culture- not western as I know? And is it haram? :S

Cos i've always heard that; when a baby is being born, when a girl gets married, and when someone dies- that's three days in life, which u wear WHITE....

Another thing- it is not haram, to party, BUT in a halal way- where men and women are separated..? am I right? :D

wasalam alikom

MzAmerykah

:salam2:

Is there daleel that wearing white for your wedding is haraam? Furthermore, is there daleel that if a Muslim, who is from a Western country, wears Western clothing (modestly of course!), it is haraam???

If wearing white for your wedding is haraam, then I guess we Muslims shouldn't wear denim either, right? That is also a very Western style...

revert2007

Love Fishing
show the western gaun whic is allowed in islam.a gaun whic is loose and do not show ur body figure.it doesnt matter what the colour is.

kayenat

w.salam everybody
about wearing whitle gown i don mean its haram but its christians' culture. but in some case people think it s obligation to wear that. why it s like that? how does prophet Mohammad salalaho alahay wasalam celebrate how did fatima daughter of prophet Mohamad got married i mean that.

ShyHijabi

w.salam everybody
about wearing whitle gown i don mean its haram but its christians' culture. but in some case people think it s obligation to wear that. why it s like that? how does prophet Mohammad salalaho alahay wasalam celebrate how did fatima daughter of prophet Mohamad got married i mean that.

I don't think wearing white is really a Christian thing but more of a Western practice. White is a symbol or purity and virginity in the West. Ironically it used to be the color blue so that is the color women chose to marry in. However a queen decided she was going to break with tradition and wear white, it became popular after that and now white has become the standard color.

We know that most Eastern women marry in Red (this includes hindus and other kuffar) yet still women who are Muslim choose to follow this practice. There is no religious significance to the color so I haven't come across a fatwah stating any color is forbidden to a bride.

Personally I don't see a problem with marrying in any color as long as modesty is maintained. (my dress was peach with silver thread) I think we should just focus on making our own weddings as close to the sunnah as possible. So simplicity and not a lot of showing off...no intermixing...and not huge amounts of money spent (wasted) on the ceremony.

salam alaykum

its really bad in pakistan ....ive been to a few weddings here and its worse and hypocritical than anything....1st they will have music then the brides friends will dance infront of every1( probably due to watching to many indian movies and bcame subject to inferiority complex :p) then after eating the food they willput the Quran on top of the heads of both the bride and the groom( dont know whats that about).....the only that comes good in the wedding is the food :p........the rest is all haraam if im not mistaken .....oh and the bride is sitting on top of a stage with the groom for all the men to view...why?.....PATHETIC!

ozmiester786

"having quran on the head of groom and bride"

Personally and logically, this act is quite gigantic in terms of foul play against Islam. To me it tells me that Islam is confined to a book, and all we do is receive blessings from it and then put it back on a shelf to collate dust until the next marriage or whatsoever.

Islam is a way of life but instead it is treated strictly as a theoretical ideology. And here we are bashing ourselves and whinging why there isn't a caliphate today. That's my two cents on the issue, hope to hear more iA ma'salam.

JustTruth

Our beloved Prophet may the Peace and Blessings of Allah ta'ala be on Him mentioned in an authentic hadith (please look up the source for yourself) something to the effect that the day of judgment will not come until the Muslims follow the footsteps of the Christians and the Jews so carefully that we would follow them into a lizard's hole if they led us. Sure seems like we imitate them like mirrors today, doesn't it? Subhan'Allah!

~Naz~

Allahu Akbar
I once attended an Islamic propagated show: the theme? Cultural Weddings. It was basically to promote cultural weddings instead of the nowaday norm i.e. wearing the white veil following the west. Surprisingly enough i saw that traditional weddings were so decent with hijab n all n even the dances were not vulgar as they are today. It was beautiful and educational too!

We know that most Eastern women marry in Red (this includes hindus and other kuffar) yet still women who are Muslim choose to follow this practice. There is no religious significance to the color so I haven't come across a fatwah stating any color is forbidden to a bride.

We wear red too as part of our culture... Alhamdulillah very decent and following the sunnah ... hijab is definitely there, the giving of milk, the groom praying 2 rakahs n praying for the bride n alike. I guess it's got something to do with geographical influence and intermingling of people in the olden days that they adopt a certain culture. But rest assured for generations we are born Muslims Alhamdulillah. I don't know why though even after you mentioned about the red... i still relate white to christianity :shymuslima1: or even those trying to follow the west as part of the 'new' culture. Am sure the arabs and Iranians have their own traditional gowns. *hmm*

Iranians do this whole candle stuff for many of their functions... wedding or nowrooz or God knows what else... but remember we were zorostrians during the times of Jahiliyyah. Kind of caught on to date (without worshipping it ofcourse). Also have the Quran holding and i think opening n reading surah yasin plus the whole sugar (qand) crushing on some cloth above their heads. I dont know the significance of this neither do i know the significance of the mirror lol. But it is there alright. Oh well every culture is different :shymuslima1:

It is sad to point out that the 'women functions' are not only women alone. The camera n video people r men, the caterers are men. And need i point out that the pictures n videos travel round the world? And my guess is this is the newely adopted culture for everyone?