** why do we fight to reach the black stone ** ASTGFRALLAH

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:
just a simple question.

why do is it sunnah to kiss the black stone, as its just a stone and we can't get anything out of it.
We should ask Allah(SWT) instead.
i heard it a discusion, but they didn't say the answer,unfortunatly.

when i went to umra i coud hardly reach it and i got elbo'ed in the face(owch) ...they fight for it, mashallah, but Alhamdulelah i did reach it finaly, with a lot of struggling.:astag::astag:

WHY ISIT CONSIDERED THAT GREAT IF ITS JUST A STONE??!!
does anyone have an answer:SMILY309:

jazakom Allah khairan

wasalam alikom warahmatu Allah wa barakatuh

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
I'll tell you the sotry of the blackstone brother.

Before, I'm not sure if was during Adam (AS) or Ibraheem (AS), but when the black stone came down in the hands of Jibraeel (AS), the stone was nilk white, but the sins of the people who have touched it (and since it cleans their sins), it has turned a black color.

But the rason a person should touch or kiss the black stone is that by doing so, a person's sins are forgiven. If you are unable to do so, then point to it and say "Allahu Akbar!"

And for those who touched and kissed thestone, on Qiyamaat the black stone shall be given eyes and a mouth, whereas it will go around and confirm to Allah of those who have touched it.

This question has been asked before, and the Hadeeth is from Sahih Al Bukari, and the answer and things I told you about is from a Fatwa.

Inshallah it helps brother.

sajjuaiah

As-salaam Alaikum,

Hajar al-Aswad (the Black Stone), from where the Tawaaf (circumambulating) initiates and ends. Hajar al-Aswad is a stone of Paradise and it was as the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said: “The black stone descended from Paradise whiter than milk, but the sins of the descendants of Adam made it black.” [Musnad Ahmad and at-Tirmidhee no: 2577. The latter stated it as Hasan] Al-Muhibb al-Tabari said: “The fact that it (has turned) black is a lesson for those who have insight. If sins can have this effect on an inanimate rock, then the effect they have on the heart is greater.” [Fath al-Baree, 3/ 463]

From the virtues of al-Hajar al-Aswad is that touching it causes the (minor) sins to be forgiven, Ibn Umar (radhi allahu anhu) said: “I heard the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) say: “Touching them both [the Black Stone and al-Rukn al-Yamani] is an expiation for sins.” [(Hasan) by at-Tirmidhee, no: 959 and (Saheeh) by al-Haakim, vol: 1, no: 664] Sowayd bin Ghaflah said: “I have seen Umar kissing the Black Stone and touching it.” He further said: “I know that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) was especially very particular about it.'” [Saheeh Muslim] Ibn Umar (radhi allahu anhu) reported that Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) used to come to Ka'bah, touch the Black Stone and then say: Bismillahi wallahu akbar (In the name of Allah, Allah is the Greatest.) [Musnad Ahmad]

Kissing al-Hajar al-Aswad is from the Sunnah of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam). This kissing is a manner of honoring this noble Stone of Paradise. It is reported in Saheeh al-Bukharee (1520), Saheeh Muslim (1720) that Umar approached the Black Stone and kissed it. Then he said: “I know that you are a mere stone that can neither harm nor do any good. If I had not seen the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) kissing you, I would have never kissed you." So, the Black Stone is a blessing from Allah because one erases all his past (minor) sins merely by touching and kissing al-Hajar al-Aswad.

The Black Stone will come forth on the Day of Resurrection and will testify in favor of those who touched it in truth. “The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) said concerning the Stone: “By Allah, Allah will bring it (al-Hajar al-Aswad) forth on the Day of Resurrection, and it will have two eyes with which it will see and a tongue with which it will speak, and it will testify in favor of those who touched it in sincerity.” [(Hasan) by at-Tirmidhee, no: 961]

Jazakmullah Hu-Khairan.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
ok exactly.. heres my problem.;

the black stone reminds me of the "christian jesus"..
why cant Allah forgive us for something more valuble than kissing a stone ??!!??
like xtians say God cant forgive if jesus doesn't sucrifies himself??
:astag::astag:

soulzcore

Abd-Allah !!

why cant Allah forgive us for something more valuble than kissing a stone ??!!??

Kissing the black stone isnt the only thing,for which Allah forgives all of our sins...

There are lot other deeds tooo... :)

OsMaN_93

Here to help

Kissing the black stone isnt the only thing,for which Allah forgives all of our sins...

really, like what ?
i never knew there are so many things:eek:
---
all i know is when you do hajj, or when you convert??

q8penpals

when i went to umra i coud hardly reach it and i got elbo'ed in the face(owch) ...they fight for it, mashallah, but Alhamdulelah i did reach it finaly, with a lot of struggling.:astag::astag:

Salam

To show that all isn't as it should be, when I went for Umrah, and was going around the Kaba'a, I circled closer and closer to get to the stone (at the time, I didn't even really know what it was, my husband just told me to touch it if it was possible).

There were lots of east Asians there when I was there (men and women both of course). There are also guards positioned right by the stone to keep people moving. Unfortunately for others, when the guards saw me (and saw I was obviously a Westernern, not an Asian), they literally pushed the Asians (men and women alike) aside so that I could touch the stone.

While I am happy that I was able to touch the stone, it made me sad that I was pro-discriminated against (given an advantage due to who I was), and others were treated poorly right inside the Haram Mosque.

Lana

sajjuaiah

really, like what ?
---

Iam sorry i didn,t really understand your question, but i will try to show some small points.

Allah has made clear what is good and bad, also he made clear how to acheive Jannah.

If you do hajj your past sins will be forgiven.

If you read from quran a letter you will be counted as ten or more good deeds.

If you go to masjid and pray with imam your hasanath will be 27 times greater than praying alone.

Even your smile for sake of Allah will be counted as good deed.

Even going to your wife will be counted as good deed.

Every good Amaal (Deeds) for sake of Allah will be counted as Hasanat (Good Deeds)

On the day of judgement your deeds will intercede.
On the day of judgement prophet (S.A.W) will intercede.
On the day of Judgement quran will intercede.

Allah "Himself" is capable for giving permission for whatever he wish.

In hereafter Allah wants us to gain "Jannah" (Paradise). not "Jahanum".(Hell).

If Allah did not give us options of good deeds, how will you get Jannah?

As we live in the world with lot of temptations and sins.

Allah want us to follow the right path which is quran & sunnah of prophet(S.A.W).

May Allah protect us from waswasa of shaitan. :tti_sister:

hager

yea

yea..
it's always happens
peoples in umrah could walk on ur body..to reach the black Stone..

nobbyv

Abu Maryam
really, like what ?
---

Dear Brother,
Assalamualaikum...

There are many ways for our sins to be forgiven...the most important is Repentance and Prayer...remember the story of the man who commited 100 murders...!!

soulzcore

Abd-Allah !!
really, like what ?
---

Indeed there are many ways brother..

I'll try to list some of which i know..

- First and foremost is repentence..

“Say: ‘O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful’”

[al-Zumar 39:53]

- Praying for forgiveness

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The five daily prayers and Jumu’ah (Friday prayers) and Ramadaan take away the bad deeds between one and the next, if you avoid major sins.” (Narrated by Muslim, 344).

- Doing good deeds

- Fasting in Ramazan

- Praying during Lay latul Qadr

- Charity

- And funeral prayers for the dead ...

I'll post more as soon as i remembr them... :)

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

I think that behind this 'physical act' of touching and kissing a stone, that might seem a bit non sense to many of us, there is one thing Allah watches, and that is our intention. It is like going around it 7 times, it may sound a bit weird, but we have to understand that Allah is just testing our obedience and intention. I think a rebellious heart would say: "Why not 5 or 8 times? Why does it have to be 7?" or "what's the point of it all?".

I completely understand your point, because I used to think the same. But Alhamdulillah I learnt to see these things, not with pyshical eyes, but rather with spiritual eyes.

Allah knows best and forgive us all.

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
assalamualikum,
When I went on my Hajj , because of the crowds it was impossible to touch the black stone. If you try to get to it and harm others in the process I don;t think this is good behaviour to your fellow muslims and how can your sins be forgiven if you are commiting more. It is better to try if at all possible and if not Allah Talaa' will reward us for our intentions, also as Iam a women, it feels also to me a sin if I am mixing and coming in contact with non mahram men. The idea of Umrah and Hajj is for Allah talaa' to forgive us our sins and to make life changes for the better , not in competion with our brothers and sisters.
Hope my experiance was useful ,
w/salams
Um Mustafa

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Tawbah, for one thing brother, can forgive you for your sins. Having a never demeaning Eman (Imean an inman that's always high) will help you on Qiyamah because RAsulullah (SAW) will make dua to Allah for you if you had Eman in your life.

Fedding animals (especially ones that starve), and giving Sadqah to poor people.

amjaddamen

brother
dear sis/bro.
you must know that there is fatwa saying that you will be sinned if you kiss or touch black stone by hurting others ,because kissing is sunnah and not hurting muslims is a must (wajeb) so it is not a must .
according things wipe out our sines i will tell you (without the proof just for now)
walking to massjid
wud' (in cold weather .....)
waiting the prayer
( this is in one hadeeth)

others ( another hadeeth )

salah to salah
jum'a to jum'a
ramdan to ramdan
this wipes not the big sins( الكبائر
:astag:

ahmad al magtani

Kulo Nuwun
Assalamualaikum

I havent go for hajj actually.....but i really want to..
if I imagine when kissing or touching black stone,I will say in my heart "Hey Black Stone,you just a solid stone,U cannot give anyharm or anygood to me,the reason I kiss or touch u is to follow my prophet,im not asking mercy from u but only and only from Allah ShubhannA Wata'alaa "

for hurting other muslims to reach the black stone,it is like "reaching the heaven but you killed your brother with no right reason to kill.....you cannot get heaven LOL"
But if it happend because accident,we should give apologies

umm hussain

Tawbah, for one thing brother, can forgive you for your sins. Having a never demeaning Eman (Imean an inman that's always high) will help you on Qiyamah because RAsulullah (SAW) will make dua to Allah for you if you had Eman in your life.

Fedding animals (especially ones that starve), and giving Sadqah to poor people.

Asalam alaikum warahmatullah

Iman is not always high there are times of high and low. This is one of the basic principles of the ‘aqeedah of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah. Faith increases with obedience and decreases with disobedience.

Al-Haakim reported in al-Mustadrak, and al-Tabaraani reported in al-Mu’jam, that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Faith wears out in the heart of any one of you just as clothes wear out, so ask Allaah to renew the faith in your hearts.” (Reported by al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak, 1/4; see also al-Silsilat al-Saheehah, 1585. Al-Haythami said in Majma’ al-Zawaa’id, 1/52, “It was reported by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer and its isnaad is saheeh.”)

I found the explanation of this hadith
What he meant is that faith wears out in the heart just as clothes wear out and become old. The heart of the believer is sometimes overwhelmed by clouds of sin, and so it goes dark. This is the picture drawn for us by the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the saheeh hadeeth: “There is no heart that is not covered by a cloud like the cloud covering the moon when it is shining, and so it suddenly goes dark, but when it (the cloud) goes away, it shines again.” (Reported by Abu Na’eem in al-Hilyah, 2/196; al-Silsilat al-Saheehah, 2268). Sometimes the moon is covered by clouds, which conceal its light, but after a little while they go away, and the light of the moon comes back to light up the sky. In the same way, the heart of the believer is sometimes covered with dark clouds of sin, so its light is veiled, and the person finds himself lost in darkness, but when he strives to increase his eemaan and seeks the help of Allaah, that cloud goes away, and the light comes back to shine in his heart as before.

It is important to know that if a decrease in faith leads to one neglecting one’s duties or doing haraam deeds, this slackening is very serious and one must repent to Allaah and start to do something about it at once. If it does not lead to neglect of duties and doing haraam deeds, but just makes a person fall short in doing mustahabb (recommended) deeds, for example, then a person still needs to know how to sort himself out and correct himself until he returns to the proper level of energy and strength in worship. This is what we learn from the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Every deed has energy and strength, and then this energy and strength is followed by a slackening, so who’s slackening is in accordance to my Sunnah he will be fine, and who’s slackening is to other than that [i.e., doing unlawful or forebidden deeds] he will be doomed.” (Reported by Ahmad, 2/210; Saheeh al-Targheeb, no. 55).

Almeftah

why why why!!

Some teachings were ment as a test fore muslims to show who is a true muslim and who is munafiq (hypocrites).

When Qibla was changed Allah (SWT) said: (quran 2:177)
It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and each and every act of obedience to Allâh, etc.) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers); but Al-Birr is (the quality of) the one who believes in Allâh, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, the Prophets[] and gives his wealth, in spite of love for it, to the kinsfolk, to the orphans, and to Al-Masâkin (the poor), and to the wayfarer, and to those who ask, and to set slaves free, performs As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), and gives the Zakât, and who fulfill their covenant when they make it, and who are patient in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of fighting (during the battles). Such are the people of the truth and they are Al¬Muttaqûn (pious - see V.2:2) (177)

Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and each and every act of obedience to Allâh, etc.)

A true muslim only seeks knowledge but does not question Allah.

Muslimah***

i agree...but SubhanAllah to kiss the black stone wud be wiked i maself wud luv to get a chance to kiss the black stone...unfortunately i cudnt wen i went 2 do my umrah... due to ppl pushing and shoving so i decided not to get beaten up and stayed away :lol:

Shahzad

well if there is so much rush, then u dont need to push and pull others to kiss that stone. Intead u can just do it via ur hands. You can ask from any scholar about it.

If kissing the stone is sunnat then teasing others is Haram. You need avoid haram at any cost , in such scenarios.

More details must be asked from scholars