Why does Shar'iah focus on punishment rather than rehabilitation?

OsMaN_93

Here to help
salam alikom,

There seems to be a high desire to punish. I agree with the sense of anger and disgust towards criminals since this is somewhat a deterrence for many, as well as it keeping order in society, however throwing a rock at someone is something that I personally find difficult to come to terms with. I accept that this is Allah's law, and he is the most wise, and I'm prepared to accept it - as long as it is not me who is doing the killing part.

Will Allah be angry at me if I disagree with these acts? And am I the only person here who thinks like this?

Parvaiz

:salam2:
IF you think this is tough remember one Hadith of Prophet Muhammad
The people of Quraish worried about the lady from Bani Makhzum who had committed theft. They asked, “Who will intercede for her with Allah’s Apostle?” Some said, “No one dare to do so except Usama bin Zaid the beloved one to Allah’s Apostle.”

When Usama spoke about that to Allah’s Apostle (Sallallahu ‘Alaihi Wa Sallam), Allah’s Apostle (Sallallahu ‘Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, (to him), “Do you try to intercede for somebody in a case connected with Allah’s Prescribed Punishments?” Then he got up and delivered a sermon saying, “What destroyed the nations preceding you, was that if a noble amongst them stole, they would forgive him, and if a poor person amongst them stole, they would inflict Allah’s Legal punishment on him.

By Allah, if Fatima, the daughter of Muhammad stole, I would cut off her hand.”

Bukhari Vol. 4 : No. 681

IF someone needs a logical reason ,i on my side never accept any logical thinking as i tend to follow hadith and Quran no matter how hard it touches my heart or thinking but anyways ,as you may say lets forgive them,that is what is happening these days all around Muslim countries forgiving everyone off ,did the amount of zina and looters decrease?simple answer is no rather they increased.When the shariah was accepted and implanted than those statistics were almost 1 percent.Brother strengthen your faith not let the devil make your heart weak.And Allah knows best.

Perseveranze

There's honestly nothing wrong with it... Especially when you take into account the almost impossibility of being punished.

In the first 1000 years of Islam, only 3 cases of stoning were recorded for adultery, all of them were self confessions.

Stoning was a punishment that came long before Islam did.

And to be perfectly honest, if you want to deter the criminal act best, it has to be stoning. I'm sure people wouldn't care if they knew that they'd be executed with a quick/less painful death, especially those that love the idea of "suicide" so they'll commit the crime anyway. But stoning is on another level, and undoubtly will make the criminal think twice.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

of course in Islam, a muslim is given change to repent and mend his/her ways...but if the case comes to the govt. they have to do their duty.

otherwise, the criminal minded people will hide under the garb of rehabilitation and the very peace n security of society will be in danger.