Why Is it we gain weight and cook more food in ramadan more than other months?

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Asalamu alaykum wa ramatuallahi wa barakatu dear sisters and brothers

It really confuses me how we cook and eat more in the month of fasting doesnt that seem ironic and how our stomach and fridges are full this month?

i just thought it was my family that does this but i have realised a lot of people do this. its unbelivable how much food is in my fridge and why i must cook almost every day more than we normally cook?

Ramadan is the month of Quran and worship to Allah so shouldnt we all fill ourselves up on the Dhikr of Allah and not food. This month is a mercy to us all we can ask Allah for forgivness, the gates of jannah are open and hell is closed so why dont we take full advantage of this month?

I cant find the hadith but it says that jibreel came to the prophet muhammed PBUH and told him to say ameen to three things and said may allah distance them (cursing these type of people)

1. the one who doesnt say sallahu alahi wa salam after the prophets name.

2. the one who is disrespectfull to his parents.

3. THE ONE WHO DOES NOT TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF RAMADAN WHEN IT COMES!!

And the prophet said ameen to all of these curses. subhanallah

so why is it we focus on the food when we should focus on taking full advantage of ramadan inshallah before we are distanced subhanallah

I ask allah to help us take full advantage of this blessed month and to fill us with hassanat and to accept our fast and deeds in this month AMEEN :tti_sister:

I speak for myself foremost i dont mean to cause trouble and if i have said anything wrong may allah forgive me and inshallah i hope i can find the source for the hadith above inshallah

Wa alaykumu salam:hijabi:

Salaam,

An astute observation not many people ponder upon. Remember we're not just fasting from our stomach but our tongues, eyes, ears, etc as well.

One of the reason the fridge is probably more congested than before is because you don't eat out at restaurants as much.

Don't gobble down you're food too quickly, think of those who are less fortunate.

tarannumsamir

walekom as salaam wa rehamtullah wa barakatuhu,
ameen to all ur duas sister. may allah help us take full advantage of this blessed month,ameen.
its really true that we end up cooking more in ramadaan,and our fridges dont have any space left to be stuffed.
i guess one reason may be the barkat of the blessed month itself. right ?

Storm

SiStEr
And the funny thing is, we cook so much but when it comes down to eating it, we eat a quarter of it all.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
And the funny thing is, we cook so much but when it comes down to eating it, we eat a quarter of it all.

That is so true!!
Especially the type of appetizers my mom prepares. They are mostly fried food. They are so delicious, but eating a few of them on an empty stomach kills my hunger right away.

musliminah 05

:salam2:
Inshallah all of your fasts are going well and you are all reping the benefits of this blessed month.

I have to agree with you we seem to cook more foods and different types of food in this month when it should be less. Also our shopping bills seem to be the same, shouldnt they be less?

May Allah forgive us for our weakness and Inshallah guide us on to the path of piety.

:wasalam::tti_sister:

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
This is so true, mashallah. We waste so much more in this month, mashallah. After I have my three dates, I am already half full, and my plate is less, Alhamdullilah. I think about those who have to go on a "permanent fast" and have no choice, this is the month to be grateful, but not over do it inshallah.

This also happens in the masjid. They pack their plates, then take two bite and then throw it away, its really a shame

May Allah help us to get the true spirit of this month, Ameen!

Jazakallahu Khairan for the reminder!:hearts:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

One of the blessings of this month is simply we dedicate time to our families. Cooking becomes a love.

:salam2: Lollll last year i had put on 10 pounds in one month lolllllll. This year i am not eating as much so i have lost weight. I see you point... So jenny craig out you go ramadan is here lolllllllll

Believer

Assalamu Akeykum,
May this Ramadan be a blessed and fulfilling month for all, where we increase in our Iman and Taqwa, Insha’Allah, May all of our fasting be accepted, Amin!

I know what you mean about the fridge being full with unnecessary food. This reminds me of a financial managing or diet (sorry, unsure) show that I watched a while back and it said to not go shopping on an empty stomach, because you will end up buying the things you want and crave (and lets fess up, when you are hungry you practically could eat anything and everything, so you think, hehe) rather than the things you NEED, which is, I think, a valid point. So maybe consider going shopping for your daily requirements after Iftar!

Was Aleykumu Salam

warda A

Sister

that observation is quite true
the freezer, fridge are all full but when the middle of ramadan arrive there is less cooking and people tend not to gobble anymore,meaning less food in the fridge.
i think it comes from the mentality of when you are hungry eat for the next day too lolz
inshalla we will all remember that ramadan is a month for prayers and not overeating.

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

It was Abu-Bakr (raa) who said: ( we folk do not eat unless we are hungry, and if we eat we don't get full ).

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

mashallah i agree with all of you and alhamulilah it must be the first couple of weeks we do that but now we eat less i think its beacuse we have seen how much food we have thrown out subhanallah may allah forgive us all ameen
jazakallah khair the hadith above its soo true may we think like that inshallah

:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

We must really try not to over eat during Ramadan or anytime. The Prophet (SAWS) said if you must fill you stomach fill 1/3 with food 1/3 with drink and 1/3 will water. He also said the beliver eats with one stomach and the kuffaar eats with seven.

Salam Amirah80