Why is that I feel lost???Why is that I do not wish anyting???

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
So much emotion in this thread, its difficult to follow ..in fact I dont follow it.

Try and separate your emotional selves from your practical selves?

Your emotional tone sets your attentional agenda and then demands that your logical processes explain and validate your response. Consider the following scenario... two colleagues at work give presentations. One colleague is a friend and the other is an insufferable co-worker. You focus on the strengths of your friend's presentation, dismissing any apparent weakness. At the same time, you focus on the weakness in your rival's presentation, disregarding the strengths. You can't help it, although you might rationally think you can. It takes an enormous amount of conscious energy, awareness and vigilance to suspend this natural predisposition.

Emotions instinctively collect supportive evidence while simultaneously discounting contrary evidence. This is what makes it so hard to reason with someone who is emotionally upset. Your argument, no matter how logical or sound, carriers no authority if it is out of sync with the emotional tone of the moment. Feelings are self-justifying,, generating their own beliefs and support.

Even though our emotional tone sets our attentional agenda, we typically explain our emotional responses as if the rational thoughts occurred first, putting the cart before the horse...lacking awareness of our emotions we believe that our thinking occurred first. Even if emotions reach the threshold of consciousness to become noticeable feelings, we understand them rationally, once again giving our thoughts apparent priority.

I dont mean any offence by this post. If youre in an emotionally unstable state then its little use in trying to reason with people because it wont work until they get over the state and are ready to see things rationally.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
So much emotion in this thread, its difficult to follow ..in fact I dont follow it.

Try and separate your emotional selves from your practical selves?

I dont mean any offence by this post. If youre in an emotionally unstable state then its little use in trying to reason with people because it wont work until they get over the state and are ready to see things rationally.

Allaicomu saalam

Jazzak Allah khair sister and ofcourse there is no any offence Alahdmulillah for the sake of Allah.The truth can offend you but opositive of that can never offend you.
They are only two categories of words that can reach someone,and last more than others.That are words of wisdom and purity.All others very soon become a dust.
Does not metter how much we try to seperate our emotions from racional thinking it is impossible to do it comletely becasue it always stay that litlle of our interselfe in our thinking.And emotions are the part of rationality.If we sepearte our emotional selve from our practical selve than this our not we anymore.Than this would be someone else.

It is importante to be racional,and use our reason.But we should never stop being emotional because without that we would not be alive.We would be more like a thing and not like a human,SubhanAllah.

And sister,every tear which you shead for Allah Almighty it has a great value to Him Almighty.

Let your reason and your heart be in harmony,and when you can not find the answer with your reason,than ask a heart that bits for Allah,and for sure you will find the asnwer on your question.

May Allah bless you dear sister

:wasalam:

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

I agree with sister al-fajr on this one, this thread is difficult to follow. It seems like the "problem" hasn't clearly been defined. One minute the post is filled with dispair and the next minute appears to be lecturing people on the value of life. <scratches head> Overall it comes across as stream of conscious writing and very hard to follow.

Basically rationality means making wise decisions without letting emotionalism cloud your thought processes. It is impossible to make any decision absent of emotion but emotion should not become the guiding force in your decisions. Moderation, the middle road is the answer to the question. If one spends all their life delving into philisophical questions but not actually "getting out there" and living life, well...that is not moderation. Whereas if the person is obsessed with getting a rush and wallows in emotionalism then they have an empty mind.

So instead of stressing over whether or not you care enough about the afterlife or not seeing Allah swt in the sky when you gaze up, simply perform your salats and trust that Allah swt is the Planner and everything will go according to His design.

Wasalaam

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu Allaicum

Jazzak Allah khair for your duas dear brothers and sisters.:):hearts: May Allah subhan we teal bless you all.

Alhamdulillah I feel so happy and blessed to be Muslimah and the Servent of Allah Almighty,and like all Muslims I can not wait to see Jaannah and face of Allah Almighty.
Indeed we Muslims are blessed so much from Allah subhan we teal and Alhadmulillah to all his gift and blessings,and for reworing us to be Muslims.SubhanAllah.

May Allah bless you all and reword you with the higest place in Jannah,Ameen.:tti_sister::tti_sister:

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
Assalamu Alaikum

:salam2: ,
This is my personal opinion. I think sister Asja you should keep yourself busy with anything that you like to do (either reading or walk or teaching small kids ...whatever). As they say "An empty mind is devil's worshop". so do this exercise of keeping yourself busy for a month then i think you should be able to see the difference Inshallah.

May ALLAH SWT keep you protected from the whispers of shaytan. Ameen.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2: ,
This is my personal opinion. I think sister Asja you should keep yourself busy with anything that you like to do (either reading or walk or teaching small kids ...whatever). As they say "An empty mind is devil's worshop". so do this exercise of keeping yourself busy for a month then i think you should be able to see the difference Inshallah.

May ALLAH SWT keep you protected from the whispers of shaytan. Ameen.

Allaicomu saalam

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for your kind reply.

Dear brother I am already busy with my college that is one of the hardest,and beside that I usually spend my time going in mosque and doing other milion usefull things Alhamdulillah.
And like I have already said brother it has nothing to do with Shatyan,and with a time.

Only Allah subhan we teal can understand souls than others.What other would be our ibadeth,our piety,our dhikr to Allah Almighty would be but never ending requestioning our sleves.SubhanAllah.
Henry Wan Dyke has said"Clean and sensitive concence,character that is folowing moral priciples in the small and big things,are the most precious for the nation and for the individual".That is the progress of concence that could be strong forse agaisnt evil,does not metter where it comes from.

I feel so ashamed becasue nobody did not understand me well.:shymuslima1:

May Allah bless you:tti_sister:

IslamicGirl24

Assalamu alaykum.
Sister Asja, if you feel like a stranger in this world then thats a good thing not a bad one...:hearts: Prophet Muhammad SAW said that "...live in this world like a stranger...".. so if you are feeling that way then its nothing to worry about.

You dont wish for anything? Thats also a good thing!! You have contentment in your heart.. what can be better than that??

I would suggest what sister Prosperous told you.. Just ask Allah for your help.. talk to Him because He is the only one Who understands us better than anyone else... Just make lots of duas and prayers for yourself and InshaAllah, Allah swt will help you.. Have complete faith in Him.

Hope you feel better soon,
Wassalam.

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
Assalmu Alaikum

Allaicomu saalam

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for your kind reply.

Dear brother I am already busy with my college that is one of the hardest,and beside that I usually spend my time going in mosque and doing other milion usefull things Alhamdulillah.
And like I have already said brother it has nothing to do with Shatyan,and with a time.

Only Allah subhan we teal can understand souls than others.What other would be our ibadeth,our piety,our dhikr to Allah Almighty would be but never ending requestioning our sleves.SubhanAllah.
Henry Wan Dyke has said"Clean and sensitive concence,character that is folowing moral priciples in the small and big things,are the most precious for the nation and for the individual".That is the progress of concence that could be strong forse agaisnt evil,does not metter where it comes from.

I feel so ashamed becasue nobody did not understand me well.:shymuslima1:

May Allah bless you:tti_sister:

I think i really have not understood your problem. I'm sorry to comment on something that i have less idea about.

May ALLAH SWT bless you with the best in both the worlds .Ameen.

a_stranger

:salam2:
Dear sister believe me Shaytan will do his best to make you sad .....never listen to his whispers listen to Quran, wheneve such thoughts come to your mind go and listen to the words of Allah swt (Quran) with a heart then shaytan will have no way to your heart........In the begining of my life i suffered a lot from whispers of Shaytan but AlahamduliAllah if you turn to Allah with sincerity Allah will help you .......you didn`t create yourself ,Allah did And Allah is choosing for you all that is good better than your choice .....so depend on Allah and trust him ..... when we have healthy hearts then no sorrow will have place .......healthy heart is with complete faith and full of trust in Allah swt ......it is not enough that you love Allah swt without knowing him .......The teachings of the prophet :saw2: will make your heart full of reliance and trust in Allah ......continue to learn ....

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu alaykum.
Sister Asja, if you feel like a stranger in this world then thats a good thing not a bad one...:hearts: Prophet Muhammad SAW said that "...live in this world like a stranger...".. so if you are feeling that way then its nothing to worry about.

You dont wish for anything? Thats also a good thing!! You have contentment in your heart.. what can be better than that??

I would suggest what sister Prosperous told you.. Just ask Allah for your help.. talk to Him because He is the only one Who understands us better than anyone else... Just make lots of duas and prayers for yourself and InshaAllah, Allah swt will help you.. Have complete faith in Him.

Hope you feel better soon,
Wassalam.

Allaicomu saalam wa rahmatullah wa barakakathu dear sister

Thank you sister so much for your so kind duas Mashallah.May Allah reword you too sister and may He never leave you Inshallah,and be always by your side.

Alhamdulillah sister you could understand me well,and ameen for all your daus.I wish for you the sme wallahi,and more from that for Allah Almighty sake.:tti_sister:

Jazzak Allah kahir sweet sister:hearts: :)

May Allah bless you always

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:

Jazzak Allah khairen dear brother Wannabe_mutaqi and dear sister Stranger..

May Allah subhan we teal bless you and reword you.:tti_sister: