why many muslim men dont support their women?

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:

rtbour, mashAllah great post! Shukran.

Women should be getting education, then it is up to them to choose to follow the path of Allah (swt) or follow shaytan.

Assalamu Allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

I agree with you brother that women should get educaction Alhamdulilah,and Mashallah your points are very good.

Muslim man and Muslim man should botheduacted themselves, with secular and Islamic knowolodge because it is only way how can we improve Islamic socity.There is not any ayah which forbidds a women education,especaily there is no any ayah which is limting ages for school and education,neither there is haadaith which will prove that.
Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s. has aloowed that Muslim women with hijab go out of house,and to do many activites between them eduaction too.We have example of Hazrat Khadiya r.a.(of the choosen women in Islaam) who was worker,hazrat Aisha r.a. who was one of the most educated women in the time of our Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s. who had importante role in islaam,,and today we see so many Muslim women who are educating them selves Alahdmulillah,and Inhsallah we will educated our selves always and it is not any haaram for us but it is good dead becasue we wil share one day those knowlodge to our children and apply it on all Islamic society.

It is really wrong to say that Allah religion will dissapear,when that will never happen,becasue Allah will always keep His religion SubhanAllah,and even if on Earth stays two beliver Islaam will exists.
Education of women can never distroy Islaam,it is like degrading women and making her that if she educate herselve she will distroy Islaam,when it is not truth Alhamdulillah.Duty of Muslim women is to cover her selfe with hijab ,to lower her gaze,to have faith in her heart,but her duty is aslo to eduacate herselve.And Muslim man must have obligation too towerd Muslim women,and it is to keep his faith and lower his gaze becasue Alahdmulillah Muslim women has accoampish her duties.

If we do not have Muslim women doctors,dentists, teachers,Proffesors,merchants etc than Muslim women will always be in the contact with man which is not good neither.The only solution is that Muslim women educate herselve and that on that way she improve Islamic soceity.But improving Islamic society is not the only reason why we educate ourselves but to feel proud on that what we are.

And Mashallah sister Safiya has already shared many Ayahs and Hadith like proofs not only for alowing education for Muslim women but also about importance which represtents her education in Islamic society and in any other.And Allah knows the best!!!

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Hi Abdul Hasib,

You wrote: "Even in Afghanistan, women were allowed to go to school and work (under the Thaaliban rule), and Wallahi, more females passed the college entrance exams than males did!"

Where is your evidence for this? In Wikipedia we find (with citations):
'The Taliban claimed to recognize their Islamic duty to offer education to both boys and girls, yet a decree was passed that banned girls above the age of 8 from receiving instruction. Maulvi Kalamadin insisted it was only a temporary suspension and that females would return to school and work once facilities and street security were adapted to prevent cross-gender contact. The Taliban wished to have total control of Afghanistan before calling upon an Ulema body to determine the content of a new curriculum to replace the Islamic yet unacceptable Mujahadin version.[2]

The Taliban requested time to achieve these ends and criticized the international aid community for its insistence on binding support to the immediate return of women’s rights.[1] The Taliban believed in the merit of their actions, and a representative stated in an Iranian interview “no other country has given women the rights we have given them. We have given women the rights that God and His Messenger have instructed, that is to stay in their homes and to gain religious instruction in hijab [seclusion]”.[2]

The female employment ban was felt greatly in the education system. Within Kabul alone the ruling affected 106,256 girls, 148,223 boys and 8,000 female university undergraduates. 7,793 female teachers were dismissed, a move that crippled the provision of education and caused 63 schools to close due to a sudden lack of educators.[11]'
Pah, obviously someone who would trust wikipedia would get brainwashed by them (I hope you know that Wikipedia articles can be written by ANYBODY).

Here's my PROOF, from a FORMER THAALIBAN PRISONER:

If you want my proof, watch all of these (click play all)

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
If a woman wants to work then she must seek permission from her husband IF it does not interfere with her household duties, but it is the male who is the sole provider of the wife. If the woman is not doing her part then it is on her and it should be discussed between the husband and wife for her to do better.

We get so brainwashed into what society wants us to be, not what Allah wants us to be. Only HE knows best.

zbhotto

Banned
I dont agree

I dont belive this is true. Almost all of muslim men in south asia support to their wives, sister and mothers.

Don't generalize things by taking examples from few balcksheeps. Those who do not support are extermenly poor.

Musulmanin

I dont belive this is true. Almost all of muslim men in south asia support to their wives, sister and mothers.

Don't generalize things by taking examples from few balcksheeps. Those who do not support are extermenly poor.

I agree. We also should be careful in making such sweeping misleading generalization like the title of this thread. Allah knows best!

Ebn-El-Islam

Men in the arab world think that Womans are their slaves , they can do whatever they want and they can decide their futures.

The situation here, is most men hate to see their wives working they need them to stay at home and take care of the children.

I am a men, and I'd like to give my future wife full permissions to do everything she wants (for sure if its good). Because we need to build a Good Islamic world based on men and Womans.

P.S: does men take an S in plural ?

Musulmanin

Men in the arab world think that Womans are their slaves , they can do whatever they want and they can decide their futures.

The situation here, is most men hate to see their wives working they need them to stay at home and take care of the children.

I am a men, and I'd like to give my future wife full permissions to do everything she wants (for sure if its good). Because we need to build a Good Islamic world based on men and Womans.

P.S: does men take an S in plural ?

"arab" does not mean muslim, they act as they want like many other people do, but that does not mean they represent Islam. The original poster wrote MANY MUSLIM MEN.

P.S. No brother :) singular=man, plural=men
singular=woman, plural=women

Ebn-El-Islam

ah ok thank you.

but if you can have a look at the Gold area (saudi arabia, kuwait, bahrain..) they don't even care about their woman.

I was watching a report how men deal with their woman, really they do not respect them. I once read a statistic in a newspapers shows that (70% of the arab men don't need their wives opinions).

yeah and this why christians hate to be called as "arab" because in our dictioannary , "arab" = muslim.

P.s : another question , does it takeS? with S or without an S?

Musulmanin

ah ok thank you.

but if you can have a look at the Gold area (saudi arabia, kuwait, bahrain..) they don't even care about their woman.

I was watching a report how men deal with their woman, really they do not respect them. I once read a statistic in a newspapers shows that (70% of the arab men don't need their wives opinions).

yeah and this why christians hate to be called as "arab" because in our dictioannary , "arab" = muslim.

P.s : another question , does it takeS? with S or without an S?

Oh, please brother don't start this bashing. I'm not even an arab, but I know many arabs and I think I know where you're going with your statements.:astag:

P.S. No, there are no "s" in the end of those words in either singular or plural forms.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Statistics don't lie. If we let women be educated (in subjects other than the Quran) it will be the end of Islam. There is not a single Islamic country in the world where there is a high percentage of educated women. Woe to those who do not support our Taliban's blowing up of girls' schools.
Alright, I've had ENOUGH of you!

Either start talking respectfully about Islam and Muslims, or DON'T talk at all (just get banned)!

So REALLY, there ISN'T a high percentage of educated Muslim women in, wait, what did you say?

There is not a single Islamic country in the world where there is a high percentage of educated women.

ISLAMIC COUNTRY IN THE WORLD?! WHAT ISLAMIC COUNTRY IN THE WORLD?! PAKISTAN? OR SAUDI ARABIA? OR HOW ABOUT THE "IzLAMIK" MIDDLE EAST?!

None of these countries that have MUSLIMS, or that CLAIM to have MUSLIMS (an example is the Hypocrite State of IRAN) ARE EVEN ISLAMIC!

PAKISTAN, being an Islamic country? How about Bangladesh, along with it? Pakistan and Bangladesh, TWO COUNTRIES were they PROMOTE females to put on MAKE-UP, dress in the MOST DISGUSTING CLOTHES, and DRESS (many times, part naked) on TELEVISION, infront of MEN?!

Oh yeah, and don't forget about fact that these countries adopt many un-Islamic beleifs from their cultures!

Or how about Saudi Arabia? Saudi Arabia, to tell you the truth, is a BIT Islamic (in SOME ways), but not ENOUGH.

Like women MUST cover their faces (I don't have a problem with this, because it helps to make sure that OUR Muslim sisters don't have 23 guys staring at their face and asking them for marriage!), BUT, they STILL have SATELLITE CHANNELS WITH, "A-RAB MTV GIRLS," in DISGUSTING CLOTHES, with GUYS!

Not to also mention the fact that people actually commit SHIRK/KUFR (disbeleif in the Lord who is Transcendent, and also by ascribing partners with him)!

Like when people would actually WORSHIP the GRAVE of the MOTHER OF THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD (SAW)! And to not also mention the fact that when a Muslim leader (Sultan al Utaybi) actually ADDRESSED this issue to the Scholar Committee, then they said that this situation was addressed to the KING of Saudi Arabia by the great Scholar ABDUL AZIZ ibn BAAZ (Raheemahullah) TEN YEARS BEFORE!

AND AFTER TEN YEARS, THE KING STILL DIDN'T STOP THOSE PEOPLE FROM WORSHIPING THE GRAVE OF THE MOTHER OF THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD (SAW)!

And to conclude, you OBVIOUSLY did NOT see the playlist that I posted, because if you DID, then you would have REMEMBERED about what (OUR) Sister Yvonne Ridely said, about how (before the US/Afghanistani war), this one Afghanistani Muslim girl talked about how she was going to Medical University, but the school had to CLOSE DOWN BECAUSE THEY (THE MUSLIMS, AND ALSO THE TALIBAN) COULDN'T AFFORD THE (MONETARY) COSTS OF KEEPING THE SCHOOL RUNNING.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

I agree. We also should be careful in making such sweeping misleading generalization like the title of this thread. Allah knows best!

i told 'Many' men and not 'All' of the men.

so i dont think this is generalisation.

xenocalamus

Dear Brother Abdul Hasib,

I am trying to understand your post (which seemed to criticize cemophora) where you wrote:

"ISLAMIC COUNTRY IN THE WORLD?! WHAT ISLAMIC COUNTRY IN THE WORLD?! PAKISTAN? OR SAUDI ARABIA? OR HOW ABOUT THE "IzLAMIK" MIDDLE EAST?!

None of these countries that have MUSLIMS, or that CLAIM to have MUSLIMS (an example is the Hypocrite State of IRAN) ARE EVEN ISLAMIC!"

Are you saying that there are no Islamic countries in the world?

fada_all

:salam2:,

i have seen many cases where women wants to stay at home but their father/husband forces them to work outside even though they are financially good enough.

why? has not Allah made 'us' men to care for our women relatives?

a muslim is rewarded even for a morsel he puts in his wife's mouth.

and when cases of affair/zina takes place due to not wearing proper dresses/mixing with men @ working places, the total blame is on women.

these things truly makes me so upset.

wa alikum salamo allahi wa rahmatuhu taala wa barakatuh,

dear akhi Ahmed i will ask you another question , WHY YOU EMPHACISE ON MUSLIM MAN ..being a husband doesn't include only muslims' men but non muslims as well , so your question should be why men in general doesn't support their wive??
and jazaka allahu every khir dzar akhi

NP: im not offending you dear akhi but just find it to specific wherears it is something well konwn and more than general..,plz feel free to correct me if you see im wrong.
may allah guide us all to the right path

ur sis khadijah

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Dear Brother Abdul Hasib,

I am trying to understand your post (which seemed to criticize cemophora) where you wrote:

"ISLAMIC COUNTRY IN THE WORLD?! WHAT ISLAMIC COUNTRY IN THE WORLD?! PAKISTAN? OR SAUDI ARABIA? OR HOW ABOUT THE "IzLAMIK" MIDDLE EAST?!

None of these countries that have MUSLIMS, or that CLAIM to have MUSLIMS (an example is the Hypocrite State of IRAN) ARE EVEN ISLAMIC!"

Are you saying that there are no Islamic countries in the world?

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying (except, there are ONLY two Islamic States in the World, the Islamic State of Somalia, and the Islamic State of Afghanisan)!

Just because these countries have MUSLIMS doesn't make them ISLAMIC! Because many times, you find that these countries have MANY UN-ISLAMIC things! Like what I said about Pakistan and Bangladesh, and also Saudi Arabia, and not to mention the middle east, and Turkey.

IF these countries were Islamic, then WERE is the Islamic Influence, do encourage good and forbid the evil? I know that it is a FACT, that these countries don't stop people from watcing "Model MTV GIRLS," or they don't stop people from using drugs! Or how about even to the point of KUFR AND SHIRK?! EVEN THAT IS NOT CARED ABOUT!

Wallahi, an ISLAMIC STATE/COUNTRY is the kind of place that I can:

1.) Walk on the street and not have to worry about seeing a picture of some nude women.

2.) Of where I can walk into a store and NOT see music and cinematic movies and cds!

3.) Of where the Azaan can be called, and EVERYONE (except for women, because it's not obligatory for them) will come to the masjid and do Salat!

4.) In which when I walk on the street, then I can see that males are wearing long beards, and long MODEST Islamic dress, and whereas I can also see females wearing long Jilbabs (and no, it doesn't have to be black, it could EVEN BE WHTIE) AND NIQAABS (reduces the amount of Fitnah, and also protects the face from getting sun burned! How cool is that?)

5.) In which if I were to go around to ANY school in that country, then they would have female and male segregated SCHOOLS, and in which they will teach ISLAMIC EDUCATION (and Secular education also, if the country can afford it), from K-12 to University!

6.) In which WOMEN will NOT be the slaves of MEN anymore!

7.) In which the SLAVES OF MEN will be liberated into being the SLAVES OF GOD.

And this is about all the most important stuff.

:wasalam:

safiya58

Statistics don't lie. If we let women be educated (in subjects other than the Quran) it will be the end of Islam. There is not a single Islamic country in the world where there is a high percentage of educated women. Woe to those who do not support our Taliban's blowing up of girls' schools.

I challenge you and everyone who has same oppinion like you to find a proof from Quran and Sunnah that education is haram for women...! and you will not find a single proof!

it is pretty astonishing, how ppl can be so ignorant, I mean didn´t the brothers/sisters here allready bring up so many ahadtith giving weight to knowledge...! but still the only thing you do is to hold tight on some statistics which are in contratiction with that what Islam teaches us...! you trust in statistics and say they don´t lie, that´s fine! your choice! I prefer to hold tight on Quran and Sunnah!

have a nice day or go blow yourself up! I´m a muslim sister and I´m like all my brothers and sisters here the fruit of Islam! and nothing and noone accept Allah can stop me... I will study! and I will be an ideal muslimah inshaallah.

ALLAHU AKBAR

safiya58

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying (except, there are ONLY two Islamic States in the World, the Islamic State of Somalia, and the Islamic State of Afghanisan)!

Just because these countries have MUSLIMS doesn't make them ISLAMIC! Because many times, you find that these countries have MANY UN-ISLAMIC things! Like what I said about Pakistan and Bangladesh, and also Saudi Arabia, and not to mention the middle east, and Turkey.

IF these countries were Islamic, then WERE is the Islamic Influence, do encourage good and forbid the evil? I know that it is a FACT, that these countries don't stop people from watcing "Model MTV GIRLS," or they don't stop people from using drugs! Or how about even to the point of KUFR AND SHIRK?! EVEN THAT IS NOT CARED ABOUT!

Wallahi, an ISLAMIC STATE/COUNTRY is the kind of place that I can:

1.) Walk on the street and not have to worry about seeing a picture of some nude women.

2.) Of where I can walk into a store and NOT see music and cinematic movies and cds!

3.) Of where the Azaan can be called, and EVERYONE (except for women, because it's not obligatory for them) will come to the masjid and do Salat!

4.) In which when I walk on the street, then I can see that males are wearing long beards, and long MODEST Islamic dress, and whereas I can also see females wearing long Jilbabs (and no, it doesn't have to be black, it could EVEN BE WHTIE) AND NIQAABS (reduces the amount of Fitnah, and also protects the face from getting sun burned! How cool is that?)

5.) In which if I were to go around to ANY school in that country, then they would have female and male segregated SCHOOLS, and in which they will teach ISLAMIC EDUCATION (and Secular education also, if the country can afford it), from K-12 to University!

6.) In which WOMEN will NOT be the slaves of MEN anymore!

7.) In which the SLAVES OF MEN will be liberated into being the SLAVES OF GOD.

And this is about all the most important stuff.

:salam2: dear brother,

there is not one single country in this world you can call islamic (rulled by the shariya)! also not Somalia and Afghanistan...

Somalia is not one cuz they voted for sharia...! but sharia is not something which will established in a country by a vote, it have to be established by "cleaning all the wrongs and inconsistencies" in a country to make it "mature" for sharia...

and in Afghanistan is still war... when there is war the country is in a state of emergency and sharia can not be used ... prophet Muhammed (saw) didn´t use the rullings of sharia in war times...

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
wa alikum salamo allahi wa rahmatuhu taala wa barakatuh,

dear akhi Ahmed i will ask you another question , WHY YOU EMPHACISE ON MUSLIM MAN ..being a husband doesn't include only muslims' men but non muslims as well , so your question should be why men in general doesn't support their wive??
and jazaka allahu every khir dzar akhi

NP: im not offending you dear akhi but just find it to specific wherears it is something well konwn and more than general..,plz feel free to correct me if you see im wrong.
may allah guide us all to the right path

ur sis khadijah

:salam2: no sister you did not offend me.

i was specific about muslim men becoz now i dont care of wht non-muslims do. they are devoid of guidance. when they can go so low in worshipping others instead of Allah- their Creator, for them sins like mistreatment of women, homosexuality, drinking, etc. doesnt mean anything.

so whts the use of thinking about their ways? hope i cleared myself :)

icadams

As-Salāmu `Alaykum.

It seems to me that Muslim men do have a responsibility, indeed a requirement, to care for and support our wives. However, that does not mean that we have to force them to stay at home. Support your wife in her desire to seek education, or to work, or to stay home.
If she wishes to work encourage her to find employment in a field or career that is beneficial to her and is not detrimental to her faith.
If she wishes to pursue an education, be thankful, for knowledge is a gift from Allah. An educated woman is truly a gift to any man.
If she wishes to stay home, or must stay home to help care for family, remember that she probably works harder than most men.
Muslim men really must learn to honor our women and follow the example of the Prophet(Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam).

Musulmanin

As-Salāmu `Alaykum.

It seems to me that Muslim men do have a responsibility, indeed a requirement, to care for and support our wives. However, that does not mean that we have to force them to stay at home. Support your wife in her desire to seek education, or to work, or to stay home.
If she wishes to work encourage her to find employment in a field or career that is beneficial to her and is not detrimental to her faith.
If she wishes to pursue an education, be thankful, for knowledge is a gift from Allah. An educated woman is truly a gift to any man.
If she wishes to stay home, or must stay home to help care for family, remember that she probably works harder than most men.
Muslim men really must learn to honor our women and follow the example of the Prophet(Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam).

MashAllah, jazakallah khair.