why many muslim men dont support their women?

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
As-Salāmu `Alaykum.

It seems to me that Muslim men do have a responsibility, indeed a requirement, to care for and support our wives. However, that does not mean that we have to force them to stay at home. Support your wife in her desire to seek education, or to work, or to stay home.
If she wishes to work encourage her to find employment in a field or career that is beneficial to her and is not detrimental to her faith.
If she wishes to pursue an education, be thankful, for knowledge is a gift from Allah. An educated woman is truly a gift to any man.
If she wishes to stay home, or must stay home to help care for family, remember that she probably works harder than most men.
Muslim men really must learn to honor our women and follow the example of the Prophet(Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam).

:salam2: Dear brother:D
TabarakaAllah, you have said it BEAUTIFULLY!!! I was reading this thread all along, and subhanaAllah, what you have said.....is soo far THE BEST! I wish alot of Muslim men thought like you did, tabarakaAllah! Only WE can change our state.....then and ONLY then will Allah help us!
JazakaAllah khairan and THANK YOU SOOOO very much for this reply! it's my favorite so far! Allah bless you and all of us. ameen ya Allah!

Allah hafiz now and always:D

rtbour

american muslima
I challenge you and everyone who has same oppinion like you to find a proof from Quran and Sunnah that education is haram for women...! and you will not find a single proof!

it is pretty astonishing, how ppl can be so ignorant, I mean didn´t the brothers/sisters here allready bring up so many ahadtith giving weight to knowledge...! but still the only thing you do is to hold tight on some statistics which are in contratiction with that what Islam teaches us...! you trust in statistics and say they don´t lie, that´s fine! your choice! I prefer to hold tight on Quran and Sunnah!

have a nice day or go blow yourself up! I´m a muslim sister and I´m like all my brothers and sisters here the fruit of Islam! and nothing and noone accept Allah can stop me... I will study! and I will be an ideal muslimah inshaallah.

ALLAHU AKBAR

:wasalam:

YESSSSS! Good job, sister.

rtbour

american muslima
Rather, the evidence is that where women are highly educated--indeed, everywhere literacy rates are high--the prevalence of religious beliefs are low. That is why from time immemorial, from the Catholic Church to fundamentalist Protestants to the Taliban, highly religious people realize that educating people (outside the bible or Quran) is bad for religion. Consider, for example:

"Concerning international poverty rates, the United Nations’ Report on the
World Social Situation (2003) found that of the 40 poorest nations on earth, all but
one (Vietnam) are highly religious nations with statistically minimal or
insignificant levels of atheism.
Concerning illiteracy rates, the same report found
that of the 35 nations with the highest levels of youth illiteracy rates, all are
highly religious nations with statistically insignificant levels of organic atheism."

Tell me this: even after 1400 years of Islam, why are the poorest and least literate countries on earth the ones with the highest percentage of muslims? If being a muslim means that Allah will treat you well, why hasn't that happened? Looking on the situation objectively, it appears that if a significant portion of a country's population adopts Islam, it is fairly certain that they will be mired in poverty and illiteracy forever. Is it the case that the only benefits of being a muslim will be experienced in paradise, after death?[/QUOTE]

1) You asked "why are the poorest and least literate countries on earth the ones with the highest percentage of muslims?" The statistic you posted above says these impoverished nations are full of religious people, but does not say what type of religion they have. Another thing- what countries are the poorest? What type of government do they have? A government can also affect literacy, religion and wealth of its citizens.

2) Another thing you said: "If being a muslim means Allah will treat you well, why hasn't that happened?"

"Allah tests us with wealth, plenty, ease and power just as He tests us with poverty, hardship and oppression. Al-Ibtilaa' is a sunnah of Allah Most High. Throughout history, Allah has tested the bearers of His messages and others among His slaves. The test of Allah can be very hard, but by means of it Allah raises the level of His prophets and erases the sins of the righteous believers. The complete defeat of the Muslims and the overrunning of their homes and property by the disbelievers is NOT one of Allah's tests which he puts on the believers. Rather, it is a sign of their having fallen out of Allah's favor through their crimes and sins.

The Prophet(sas) informed us that the presence of tests indicates the presence of iman and that a believer may continue to be tested until he has no sin remaining. Although Allah's tests can benefit us in the long run, a believer does not wish for the test of Allah - rather he always hopes for the forgiveness and mercy of Allah Most High. Allah said in the Qur'an:

{And we will surely test you with some fear, hunger and shortages of property, people and produce. But give good tidings to the steadfast. Those who, when a calamity befalls them say: "We belong to Allah and to Him we return." Upon these are prayers from their Lord and mercy and these are the rightly-guided ones.}

In another verse, Allah said:

{We will surely test you in your wealth and in yourselves and you will hear many hurtful things from those who were given the book before you and from those who associate others with Allah. If you are steadfast and beware of Allah, that is the strongest position.}
Aal 'Imraan: 186

Allah here warns us of some of the hardships we will definitely face as Muslims in this world. Wealth can be a test both when it is plentiful and when it is scarce. The Prophet (sas) stated in the hadith that he did not fear for his nation poverty, rather he feared for us the ill effects of plenty. Likewise, a shortage of 'selves' (i.e., manpower) can leave us exposed and weak before our enemies while military strength while large numbers of forces could tempt some among us to transgress beyond the bounds of jihad and engage in oppression, exploitation and imperialism or to form alliances with unislamic elements hoping for "victory". "

info taken from http://members.cox.net/arshad/allahtest.html

3) You said "It appears that if a significant portion of a country's population adopts Islam, it is fairly certain that they will be mired in poverty and illiteracy forever." Considering the information you posted to support this statement, none of which shows how many of the 40 poorest countries/35 most illiterate countries have Muslims as the majority of their population, I am not sure how you can say what you have said. It appears that you are making a sweeping generalization that to adopt Islam as your religion you must be ignorant or illiterate, or to be muslim you must be ignorant or illiterate. How else would a population consisting mostly of muslims be impoverished? A belief in God will not cause poverty. There are plenty of people, muslims INCLUDED, who believe in Allah/God and have enough money or more than enough money to support themselves and their families.

icadams

It seems to me that education is getting a bit of a bad rap here. We need to remember that Muslims, both men and women, are commended in their acquisition of knowledge. It is not education itself that is a problem within the Muslim communities, rather it is the process of modern learning that hurts the ummah. Learning exclusively in secular universities where religion, especially Islam, is derided and atheism and humanism are upheld as ideals is not good for the deen. I think that too many brothers and sisters are pursuing an education without regard for what they are learning. Secular knowledge should be evenly balanced with religious knowledge.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:

Wallahi, an ISLAMIC STATE/COUNTRY is the kind of place that I can:

1.) Walk on the street and not have to worry about seeing a picture of some nude women.

2.) Of where I can walk into a store and NOT see music and cinematic movies and cds!

3.) Of where the Azaan can be called, and EVERYONE (except for women, because it's not obligatory for them) will come to the masjid and do Salat!

4.) In which when I walk on the street, then I can see that males are wearing long beards, and long MODEST Islamic dress, and whereas I can also see females wearing long Jilbabs (and no, it doesn't have to be black, it could EVEN BE WHTIE) AND NIQAABS (reduces the amount of Fitnah, and also protects the face from getting sun burned! How cool is that?)

5.) In which if I were to go around to ANY school in that country, then they would have female and male segregated SCHOOLS, and in which they will teach ISLAMIC EDUCATION (and Secular education also, if the country can afford it), from K-12 to University!

6.) In which WOMEN will NOT be the slaves of MEN anymore!

7.) In which the SLAVES OF MEN will be liberated into being the SLAVES OF GOD.
:wasalam:

brother, then you are welcome to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. you'll find many [though sadly not all] of Islamic principles here.

:)

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
brother, then you are welcome to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. you'll find many [not all] of these principles here.

:)

exactly brother @ ahmed indian!...

Really brother @ Abdul Hasib...really brother, you wont see anything like this in k.s.a. (Kingdom of saudi arabia).....saudi is a place where it is fully protected..inshallah

fada_all

:salam2: no sister you did not offend me.

i was specific about muslim men becoz now i dont care of wht non-muslims do. they are devoid of guidance. when they can go so low in worshipping others instead of Allah- their Creator, for them sins like mistreatment of women, homosexuality, drinking, etc. doesnt mean anything.

so whts the use of thinking about their ways? hope i cleared myself :)

:salam2::salah:

i do agree with you dear akhi , you are totally right :ma::ma: in all what you said ,jazaka allah every khair here and in life after..
may allah guide us all to the right path:tti_sister::tti_sister: