Why Ramadan?

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum

I was asked a question today by a non-Muslim lady - why do Muslims fast during Ramadan, as opposed to any of the 11 other months? I honestly didn't know the answer, but since I will be seeing her again on Tuesday, I told her I would find out. So, why do we fast in Ramadan specifically?

q8penpals

Salam

Thanks so much; your link was exactly what I was looking for!

This lady is such a wonderful lady - I only just met her but her heart is so kind! She and her husband were unable to have children, so they adopted a boy about 10 years old with severe special needs and she just loves the boy like crazy and treats him better than I see many mothers treat their own blood children! She is also a history teacher and just arrived in Kuwait recently, and so she wanted to learn as much as she could about Islam since it is all around her!

revert2007

Love Fishing
Salam

Thanks so much; your link was exactly what I was looking for!

This lady is such a wonderful lady - I only just met her but her heart is so kind! She and her husband were unable to have children, so they adopted a boy about 10 years old with severe special needs and she just loves the boy like crazy and treats him better than I see many mothers treat their own blood children! She is also a history teacher and just arrived in Kuwait recently, and so she wanted to learn as much as she could about Islam since it is all around her!

Alhamdulilah.give her all the help u can and if u hv doubts u can just post it here and we will try our best to respond as soon as possible.the best way for da'wah is by living our life the best way as ordered by Allah.good luck to u and May Allah rewards u for ur work.ameen