Why Sunni and Shia?

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Dear Sister,

Salaam, A simple logic. Prophet Muhammad [SAW], Jesus Christ [Pbuh], Prophet Ibrahim [Pbuh] or any other prophet never said they were sunni or shia. They always said they are muslim. So if I were to follow Prophet Muhammad [SAW], I should say I am just a Muslim, not sunni or shia. I can never support or encourage a division of my Islam. I cannot accept that. If I say I am a sunni, it means I am encouraging their division. The meaning of Muslim is "to be whole, intact", it is a beautiful word and following the sunnah is a part of it. But, I prefer to say I am a muslim.

Hope you understand.

Jazakallahu Khair!

Regards,

Ershad

Assalaamu`alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatu

I can understand your concern for the unity of our Ummah I admire it. But we are from Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama`a thats way we call our self a Sunni to make sure we are not on baatil like the shi`ah. Yes Prophet sallalaahu`alayhi wassalam didn't say he was Sunni or Shi`ah but he clearly dissociated himself from baatil and bid`ah. We don't go with Shi`ah in their creed we disown any shi`ah who slanders our mother and the sahaaba and those who say the Qur`aan was tampered.

Its just to say we are not deviant we call our self sunni so even the person who ask knows the true Islaam. You need to know about them we differ with them on `aqidah they are far from us

Ershad

Dear brother,

Walaikkum Assalam

Thank you for clearing my doubt. Calling myself sunni would be really new to me. But it clears my doubt. And I hope we would remove all false practices in Islam through education. May Allah give us the courage and knowledge to do it. Ameen.

Jazakallahu Khair!

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum

here is a scholarly advice on some difference between sunni and shia (Raafidis), please realize the severity of their injustice to islam thats why they are not considered by majority of the ulema. So calling ourselves muslim is something we should all do but we must distinguish ourself from them when time arises

The differences between the Ahl al-Sunnah (Sunnis) and the Raafidis are very great and are fundamental. For example, the Raafidis say that the Qur’aan was altered, and they condemn most of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) and think that they went astray; they exaggerate about their imaams and worship them, and give them precedence over the Prophets and angels; they go on pilgrimages to mashhads (shrines) and graves, where they do all kinds of actions of shirk, associating others in worship with Allaah. They also believe in hypocrisy (as a tenet of faith) and call it taqiyah (dissimulation), and they believe in al-badaa’(the notion that Allaah “changes His mind”), al-raj’ah (the Return, i.e., the raising of the dead to life again for some time in the same form as they were before) and absolute infallibility of their imaams, and in prostrating on a handful of clay…

We advise you to read "Al-Khutoot al-‘Areedah" by Muhibb al-Deen al-Khateeb [this book is available in English – Translator], or Mukhtasar al-Tuhfat al-Ithna’ ‘Ashariyyah by al-Dahlawi, or Fikrat al-Taqreeb bayna Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Shee’ah by Naasir al-Qaffaari.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
aslam o aliakum

here is a scholarly advice on some difference between sunni and shia (Raafidis), please realize the severity of their injustice to islam thats why they are not considered by majority of the ulema. So calling ourselves muslim is something we should all do but we must distinguish ourself from them when time arises

:salam2:

To me it is enough be muslim.

May Allah jugde me at the day of judgement.

As we all.

Seeker-of-truth

If you say you are just muslim, people would think that you are one of them, those despicable people who slander and fabricate. It is too obvious You don't understand how serious it is I mean how dare they utter a single word against our beloved Abu Bakr As Siddiq r.a or Umar they are most definately deviant and misguided, I would like unity too but never at the cost of uniting with those filthy tongued people who curse our beloved in a most despicable manner. They curse Umm al Mu'mineen Aish r.a in a way that is enough to make me cry, doubt the Qur'aan fabricate lies, Give Ali r.a a rank similar to Allah SWT. A most deviant people who were rebellious back then and they are worse today. There is no uniting with them, the above mentioned things are enough to put them outside the fold of islam, If you want to unite then unite all of the Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah strive to remove bid'ah and shirk that is already within this Ummah