Why Sunni and Shia?

Ershad

Dear All,

:salam2:

When I meet muslims when I go to a new city some people ask me if I am a Sunni or a Shi'ite. I tell them I am neither. I tell them that I am just an orthodox muslim who believes in one Allah and his prophet is Muhammad (SAW). I think, at first, all muslims have to be clear about their religion. Then comes the part we give the message to others. I have been to several places now. I see people going to Dargahs and pray and perform some rituals there. I see people perform weird acts which are never mention in Qur'an or Hadith. And non-muslims ask me why are there castes in Islam, if it is the perfect religion. Why isn't there an unanimity? I try to convince them that there are just muslims and no castes and these so called "castes" are not really muslims but people who are misguided and lost.
And there are Shia and Sunni mosques. I read that these differences happened due to a political conflict after the Prophet's (SAW) death. But, iayatollah khomeinisn't the message of the Prophets (SAW) clear? They just asked to worship one God and all the practices and our duties to Allah are clear. Then why so much difference even then?
Worst, I heard a Qazi in India gave Fatwa to Dr. Zakir Naik because he spoke against praying in Dargahs. Even, the muslims high up, don't know the religion perfectly.
Another example, Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran is proclaimed as Islamic leader of Iran and he is made to represent the religion. And he presents his own rules of Islam which are horrible.
I think these differences, false practices, false rules have to be cleared and made known to public so that true Islam can progress.

Please post your views.

Allah knows the best.

Regards,

Ershad

Ershad

Dear All,

:salam2:

When I meet muslims when I go to a new city some people ask me if I am a Sunni or a Shi'ite. I tell them I am neither. I tell them that I am just an orthodox muslim who believes in one Allah and his prophet is Muhammad (SAW). I think, at first, all muslims have to be clear about their religion. Then comes the part we give the message to others. I have been to several places now. I see people going to Dargahs and pray and perform some rituals there. I see people perform weird acts which are never mention in Qur'an or Hadith. And non-muslims ask me why are there castes in Islam, if it is the perfect religion. Why isn't there an unanimity? I try to convince them that there are just muslims and no castes and these so called "castes" are not really muslims but people who are misguided and lost.
And there are Shia and Sunni mosques. I read that these differences happened due to a political conflict after the Prophet's (SAW) death. But, isn't the message of the Prophets (SAW) clear? They just asked to worship one God and all the practices and our duties to Allah are clear. Then why so much difference even then?
Worst, I heard a Qazi in India gave Fatwa to Dr. Zakir Naik because he spoke against praying in Dargahs. Even, the muslims high up, don't know the religion perfectly.
Another example, Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran is proclaimed as Islamic leader of Iran and he is made to represent the religion. And he presents his own rules of Islam which are horrible.
I think these differences, false practices, false rules have to be cleared and made known to public so that true Islam can progress.

Please post your views.

Allah knows the best.

Regards,

Ershad

Sorry for the typos. I am also not able to edit the post.

Ershad

Ayatollah Khomeini was an Iranian religious leader and politician. Khomeini became the Iran's Supreme Leader—a position created in the constitution as the highest ranking political and religious authority of the nation—until his death. He is the author of many books about Islamic law. He called himself to be Islamic leader and implemented Sharia law in Iran. But it wasn't the actual Sharia law. He framed his own ideologies and practices and punishments. And the world, thought that is truth of Islamic law and people started to hate Sharia laws. You can find lot of articles about him online.

I hope that answers your question.

Jazakallahu Khair.

dunno

:salam2: Brother :) how are you I hope you are fine.

you said even those scholars dont know islam? I'm not sure what you mean by Dargahs but it must be a bid'ah. It's not that those people don't know Islam it is that they have a different "version" that they made up about islam. The shias have their own books of hadiths which obtain a lot of hadiths that do not exist with the people of the sunnah. They also fail to provide chain of narrations to back those hadiths up. Moreover, they have what they call the quran of Fatima. They believe it is the true quran but there also missing pages which one of their imams took with him when he died and he will return with those pages on the day of judgment.

There are also sufis and other minor sects under shias. Brother please identify yourself with the people of the sunnah, for the shias and those are sects are clearly wrong.

Practices such as grave worship and calling upon their 12 imams as if they were saints. They consider those 12 imams to be very important as important as the prophets.

Please see picture of khomeni grave in Iran and tell me if that is not grave worship. alhamduallah 90% of muslims are among the people of the sunnah even though many have bid'ah ( and they need education ) but they are not shias.

Alhamduallah in Bahrain many shias are becoming sunnis after seeing how their scholars behave with the sahabah cursing and the various bid'ahs.

Ershad

Yes brother! Salaam

That is exactly what I am talking about. Dargahs (so called in India) are graves of Imams who preached Islam. They are found at various places in India. Every city has it. And lot of people pray there. I am really worried about their misguidance. Yes, they need education. I am asking why Shia and sunni? Qur'an is just one and Everyone abides by it. Now, these innovations (bid'ahs) are very harmful because the non-muslims think that is the real Islam and question it. One more thing in India is the mourning of Muharram. People get to streets and beat their chests untill it starts to bleed. And people ask me why does your God want the disciples to bleed? Does your prophet want that?
It is a very sad situation. Like you said, the only solution is Dawah and education.

friend263

Assalamualaikum

Yes brother! Salaam

That is exactly what I am talking about. Dargahs (so called in India) are graves of Imams who preached Islam. They are found at various places in India. Every city has it. And lot of people pray there. I am really worried about their misguidance. Yes, they need education. I am asking why Shia and sunni? Qur'an is just one and Everyone abides by it. Now, these innovations (bid'ahs) are very harmful because the non-muslims think that is the real Islam and question it. One more thing in India is the mourning of Muharram. People get to streets and beat their chests untill it starts to bleed. And people ask me why does your God want the disciples to bleed? Does your prophet want that?
It is a very sad situation. Like you said, the only solution is Dawah and education.
Salam brother.. The thing which you are talking is an absolute shame for those muslim brothers and sisters who have started this kind of discrimination.. Dargah, muharram, taziye, urs, niyaz, and many other bidah things are nowadays found in our religion. Thats not all the sunnis are also divided in many sects. Being muslim they oppose each other and teases each other by calling them laddoos and wahabis.. Please pray to Allah that he gives neak hidayat to everybody and show us the right way. Aameen

maryjo

The shiaa truly do have many weird and grotesque ways of worship. I grew up in canada and like the brother said, i considered myself a muslim and thouht all other muslims were the same. I then stumbled upon 2 TV channels who are dedicated to revealing all the "false" ideologies and actions done on shiite's part. They are called Bayan and Wesal tv. One thing i heard last was the bigest load of .... (excuse my language), listen:
An Rafadi shiite imam was talking about how the shiite are much better than sunnah and Brought the reason fir this bcz--- the clay that shiite were made from was a top rank clay with no شواءب (homogenous clay) BUT the sunni clay was impure and evil and was forbided to mix with the shoite clay!!!!!

Thats not all--- thus pictures of people covered in mud were shown, like pigs, it was some weirs ritual they do

sachin4islam

Salam brother.. The thing which you are talking is an absolute shame for those muslim brothers and sisters who have started this kind of discrimination.. Dargah, muharram, taziye, urs, niyaz, and many other bidah things are nowadays found in our religion. Thats not all the sunnis are also divided in many sects. Being muslim they oppose each other and teases each other by calling them laddoos and wahabis.. Please pray to Allah that he gives neak hidayat to everybody and show us the right way. Aameen

Assalamu Alaikum:

From day one to day ten of Muharram my Imaan is at lowest of the hierarchy. Whole night Muslims take out processions and youths who are the only participants of the processions create such mischief through procession route that it becomes hard to hold faith in Islam. These processions are exclusively carried out through Hindu dominated areas shouting ''Ya Hussain Ya Hussain". Sign boards of shops are demolished,cars damaged and many times houses stoned. A couple of years before a massive Taziya procession while passing though Hindu area heavily stoned a pediatric hospital out of no reason. Is this Islam?.

Regards.

Killi_Feyzo

I can only Mention the hadeeth of the Prophet (sas) where He says:
"That my umma will divide into 73 groups and only One goes to jannah"

Khumaini is One of the evilst Person of all
He totally mislead the Muslimeen in Iran

I want you to remember something
Don't forget the Mahdi of the shiaa
He is Hiding somewhere under the Bridge or fountain
So keep you Eyes Open maybe we can find him and get Some barakat :d
Lol

tabuzbr

I totally agree with brother ershad,if we read quran with its translation ,it is given clearly that that we would go wrong and divide ourselves into sects and also worship others other than Allah but nobody has any power except the Almighty Allah, even if we cant reach very high standards in islam atleast our basics should be right but very unfortunately we know that satan is our open enemy yet we are letting ourselves to be led by him to do wrongdoings despite having imaan on Allah.
MAy Allah the Almighty guide us to the right path .Ameen.

And of course wht Zakir naik is doing is very very commendable, and he is helping a lot of muslims to correct their ways of lives as well as converting so many non muslims to muslims Alhamdullilah, and facing so much of resistance in a country like India.

Ahsen

Shias are not muslims.They have nothing to do with islam.Islam is one.There are many groups that associate themselves with islam when they don't have anything to with islam.

Islam is one.which is the Quran and sunnah.

Ahsen

Assalamu Alaikum:

From day one to day ten of Muharram my Imaan is at lowest of the hierarchy. Whole night Muslims take out processions and youths who are the only participants of the processions create such mischief through procession route that it becomes hard to hold faith in Islam. These processions are exclusively carried out through Hindu dominated areas shouting ''Ya Hussain Ya Hussain". Sign boards of shops are demolished,cars damaged and many times houses stoned. A couple of years before a massive Taziya procession while passing though Hindu area heavily stoned a pediatric hospital out of no reason. Is this Islam?.

Regards.

Those must be shias.They are never peaceful.They have nothing to do with islam.They use the name of islam to cover their satanic acts.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

I am asking why Shia and sunni? Qur'an is just one and Everyone abides by it.

Ok fine, you wanna know WHY we have shia and Sunni, right?

Akhi the root cause of the birth of this spit of our nation is starting after the death of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

If you refer the history, you will come to know that there was a man namely Abdullah Ibn Saba who was basically a yahoodi from Yemen, who claimed him self to be a Muslim and spread many deviant concepts among the illiterate nation, and most of his concept were wrapped up with ISLAMIC names, so that the people started to follow him blindly.

This task was performed during the period of Uzman (Ral). This Yemeni man has performed this particular mission secretly and he was the reason behind Uzman (Ral)'s murder.

And basically brother, I gave you the above information 'coz it has a strong connection with Shia concepts....

To understand the stuff more clearly, some people thought that immediately after prophet Muhammad (PBUH), it's Ali (Ral) who should have taken the seat , and not Abu Backr (Ral) !!

So the said that Ali (Ral) is wronged by many people and he was not given whatever the stuffs which are worthy of him :)angryblue:)

Plus.. Later on they change the whole religion of ISLAM with their own analogies...

Basically... their Kalima / shahada is...
"La Ilaha Illallah, Muhammadurrasoolulah, Ali Waliyullah" :astag: :astag: :astag:

And of course they don't read the Qur'an which was revealed by Allah Azzawajal to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) by Jibreel (Alai)... They have MADE somr thing called "Qur'an fatima" and read stuff from them....

They call the sahabas including the best friend of Rasoolullah (PBUH) , Abu Backr (Ral) as "Cheaters" and "Liars" :astag::astag:

But sadly the people who dont know much about these idiotic sect is, following it, by showing their green signal to all their sufi concepts !!!

I advise you to read the history by your self... you will learn a lot Insha Allah..

lilmuslimah

salam

a sunni is someone who follows the sunnah practises and teachings of the prophet saw, if someone asks if you are sunni or *!*!*!*!e you could reply i follow the sunnah of prophet muhammed saw. I think saying that ur not a sunni is wrong brother because if you follow the sunnah you are a sunni!!

just a lil story now ........when i was very young some one asked me if i was sunni or shia

i said whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattt?????????????? do you mean am im sunny ( as in the sun)

i had no idea lol :muslim_child:

Seeker-of-truth

it all went politically wrong after the death of muhammad e mustafaa ahmad e mujtabaa (SAW) the shiites became angry over a hadith where Ali r.a was meant to be next caliph and Abu Bakr became next. Shi'as got really angry and felt that they didnt have much to be angry about so they fabricated and fabricated til they received the Shi'ism they have today. with fabrications came lies in aqeedah which started with them saying prophethood was meant for Ali r.a but given to Muhammad (SAW) after Muhammad caught and tied up Gibrael A.S :astag: so they rejected the caliphate so we call them raafidha (rejectors) they call Yazid ibn Muawiyah a Kaafir because they think he was the reason the grandsons of prophet Muhammad were martyred and I heard some Sunni do aswell. then they changed the adhaan of Umar bin Khataab because they dont like him so they have different 1. they randomly combine their salaahs even when they arent travelling i.e pray asr n zuhr together. + many bid'ahs

friend263

:wasalam:

Ok fine, you wanna know WHY we have shia and Sunni, right?

Akhi the root cause of the birth of this spit of our nation is starting after the death of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

If you refer the history, you will come to know that there was a man namely Abdullah Ibn Saba who was basically a yahoodi from Yemen, who claimed him self to be a Muslim and spread many deviant concepts among the illiterate nation, and most of his concept were wrapped up with ISLAMIC names, so that the people started to follow him blindly.

This task was performed during the period of Uzman (Ral). This Yemeni man has performed this particular mission secretly and he was the reason behind Uzman (Ral)'s murder.

And basically brother, I gave you the above information 'coz it has a strong connection with Shia concepts....

To understand the stuff more clearly, some people thought that immediately after prophet Muhammad (PBUH), it's Ali (Ral) who should have taken the seat , and not Abu Backr (Ral) !!

So the said that Ali (Ral) is wronged by many people and he was not given whatever the stuffs which are worthy of him :)angryblue:)

Plus.. Later on they change the whole religion of ISLAM with their own analogies...

Basically... their Kalima / shahada is...
"La Ilaha Illallah, Muhammadurrasoolulah, Ali Waliyullah" :astag: :astag: :astag:

And of course they don't read the Qur'an which was revealed by Allah Azzawajal to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) by Jibreel (Alai)... They have MADE somr thing called "Qur'an fatima" and read stuff from them....

They call the sahabas including the best friend of Rasoolullah (PBUH) , Abu Backr (Ral) as "Cheaters" and "Liars" :astag::astag:

But sadly the people who dont know much about these idiotic sect is, following it, by showing their green signal to all their sufi concepts !!!

I advise you to read the history by your self... you will learn a lot Insha Allah..

Adding to this quote they also say that they do "matam" because they bel

sachin4islam

Shias are not muslims.They have nothing to do with islam.Islam is one.There are many groups that associate themselves with islam when they don't have anything to with islam.

Islam is one.which is the Quran and sunnah.

Brother Ahsen,the processions about which I am talking are taken out by Sunnis. Shias take out different procession most of them dressed in complete black cloths and beating own-self with heavy iron chains.

Regards.

Ershad

I think saying that ur not a sunni is wrong brother because if you follow the sunnah you are a sunni!!

Dear Sister,

Salaam, A simple logic. Prophet Muhammad [SAW], Jesus Christ [Pbuh], Prophet Ibrahim [Pbuh] or any other prophet never said they were sunni or shia. They always said they are muslim. So if I were to follow Prophet Muhammad [SAW], I should say I am just a Muslim, not sunni or shia. I can never support or encourage a division of my Islam. I cannot accept that. If I say I am a sunni, it means I am encouraging their division. The meaning of Muslim is "to be whole, intact", it is a beautiful word and following the sunnah is a part of it. But, I prefer to say I am a muslim.

Hope you understand.

Jazakallahu Khair!

Regards,

Ershad