Why! What are you crying about, Umar?

MusLiMah_Kubra

Hasbi-Allah
:salam2:

Why! What are you crying about, Umar?

'Umar entered the room where the Blessed Prophet was resting.He first greeted the Blessed Prophet 'Peace be with you.'

'And with you be peace,' replied the Blessed Prophet.Umar sat down on the floor and began to notice the room for the first time.There was no bed in the room.The Blessed Prophet was lying on a mat.Part of his body was on the floor and part on the mat.The mat was rough and the floor hard.The marks from the mat were visible on his body.He was wearing a garment of rough and coarse cloth. He had a pillow, but the pillow was filled with prickly leaves from a palm tree. There was nothing else in the room, no wardrobe, no rich food to eat, no comfortable mattresses.Instead, in a corner were some berry leaves and a small heap of barley, over which an untreated piece of leather was hanging.

Tears began to well up in Umar's eyes.

When the Blessed Prophet saw Umar crying he asked him,'Why! What are you crying about, Umar?'

Umar answered in a bittervoice,'And why shouldn't I cry, O Prophet of Allah? I see your bedding and the marks from the mat on your back; I see all your belongings which amount to nothing, and yet you are the Prophet of Allah and His chosen Messenger! The emperors of the Byzantine and the Persian empires are living in luxury and comfort. Their thrones are made of gold and their clothing and bedding are made of the finest silks'. Umar waved his arm to illustrate.'And this is all you have - this is your treasure.'

The Blessed Prophet smiled and looked kindly and affectionately at Umar.

'Are you not happy,O Umar that we shall receive our riches and treasures and comforts in the eternal life. The kings of this world have received their full share here, and even this share is going to be useless for them as soon as they depart from this world. Our share is to come later, but once we receive it, it will remain with us forever.'

:wasalam:

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikumwarahamtu-llah

I've read this a lot more time, but I love to read it again and again, and so others, I think.

subhan Allah, how blessed our prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam was.

this should be spread to the non-muslims, who claim that the prophet was power greedy and he established the religion of Islam for his comfort, naudhubi-llah.

Allahumma A'izzal Islama wal Muslimeen, wa-azzillah wa shirka wal Mushrikeen, wa dhambir adaa ad-deen

JazakAllah khair for sharing
wa alaikum salam

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

Thank you dear sister for sharing with us this beautiful story of life of our Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayah wa saalam and his Sahabhas r.a. That is why our Prophet sallahu alayha wa saalam was the best of all mankind and was sent like gudinace to all people to be better in thier ahlaq and behaviour.

:wasalam:

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam,

jazakallah for the reminder, amazeing hadith ! just shows how much the next life is worth compared to this short life. may allah make us among those who strive for the next life..ameen.