Will mohammed return

BGfromGB

Hi there. In the scriptures and theQur'an it has been prophesised that jesus will come back again. Does this mean that mohammed will also return. What will his status be when compared to Jesus. Will he be a lesser prophet or a greater prophet.?

omooba

hey howre you doing?

no the prophet muhammed (peace and blessings be upon him) is not returning, Jesus (peace and blessings be upon him) is returning because for one he did not die and as muslims we belive he is coming back to live his life and pass away as a normal person.

Also Jesus is not retuning as a prophet, what i mean is he is obviously the prophet Jesus(PBUH) however he is not bringing a new message but is returning to fulfill and uplift the message of Muhammed (PBUH)

the Prophet Muhammed PBUH was the seal of the prophets the last link in the chain and after him there are no more prophets and no more prophecy but muslims belive part of the role of the Messiah is to return and establish Islamic rule, fight the Dajaal AKA the beast and establish peace in the world then he will die, the return and death of the Christ is one of the major signs of the day of judgement, i hope i have clarified things for you abit

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
No, he (PBUH) will not

Hi,
Sorry bro, Mohammad (PBUH) aint returning and if its prophesised in the Quran and scriptures that Jesus PBUH will return, does this mean Moses PBUH will also return ? And if Moses PBUH returns then what will his status be when compared to Jesus? Will he be a lesser prophet or a greater prophet.?

Didn't Jesus PBUH told his nearest ones to follow Moses PBUH? What does this teaching of Jesus PBUH makes Moses? Obviously a greater prophet than Jesus ( according to your comparisons )

1Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2"The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. 3So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.
Matthew Ch 23

Look bro we muslims dont compare the prophets and neither we accept one and reject the others. Allah SWT taught us to belive in all of them,

The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His messengers. "We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His messengers." And they say: "We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys."
Al-Quran - Al-Baqarah

Those who deny Allah and His messengers, and (those who) wish to separate Allah from His messengers, saying: "We believe in some but reject others": And (those who) wish to take a course midway,-
They are in truth (equally) unbelievers; and we have prepared for unbelievers a humiliating punishment.
To those who believe in Allah and His messengers and make no distinction between any of the messengers, we shall soon give their (due) rewards: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

Al-Quran - An-Nisa

So if Jesus PBUH is coming again then he is coming by the will of Allah or God or G-d as he was sent for the first time.

16“Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me.”
Luke Ch 10

34“My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.
John Ch 4

24“Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
John ch 5

30By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.
John Ch 5

So when they all were sent by God then bro it really doesnt make any sense comparing them with each other.

Take care,
Regards

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
:salam2:

Hi there. In the scriptures and theQur'an it has been prophesised that jesus will come back again. Does this mean that mohammed will also return. What will his status be when compared to Jesus. Will he be a lesser prophet or a greater prophet.?

Regarding the answer to the question

"who is greater, Jesus or Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Them)?",

please go to following link;

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13204

Best Regards

:wasalam:

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum (peace be unto you) BGfromGB
Hope you read the replies out here. Jesus (pbuh) is returning not Prophet Muhammed (pbuh). Anymore questions you are highly welcome.
take care
wa/salam

BGfromGB

Quran and scriptures.

The Quran is scriptures, the Last and Final Testament.
Well sir, I'm told by muslim friends that the Qura'n is the final revelation. Not testament. In my multitude of debates/conversations with muslims, I have not heard one of them refer to the Qur'an as being "THE" scriptures.

Even this very thread.

Nor have I ever read of any Islamic literature where the Quran is referred to as being the scriptures. This is the first time and you are the first and only person who now calls the Qur'an "the scriptures".

Can i let you into a little secret here. In most of my conversations/debates with muslim brothers, when i refer to the Bible as the "SCRIPTURES", they think I'm a Jew!!!!!!

They have never ever, as far as I recall, mentioned the word scriptures in reference to their holy book the Qur'an.

Indeed, in my studies of the Qur'an, every time the word " scriptures" appears, it is invariably made with reference to the Jews (and christians) Sura 2:109, 3:64, 69, 70, 71, 75, 4:47, etc.

Revelation by (religious) definition means something revealed by God to humans. Is this not the message of the Quran?

Well sir, I'm told by muslim friends that the Qura'n is the final revelation. Not testament. In my multitude of debates/conversations with muslims, I have not heard one of them refer to the Qur'an as being "THE" scriptures.

Even this very thread.

Nor have I ever read of any Islamic literature where the Quran is referred to as being the scriptures. This is the first time and you are the first and only person who now calls the Qur'an "the scriptures".

Can i let you into a little secret here. In most of my conversations/debates with muslim brothers, when i refer to the Bible as the "SCRIPTURES", they think I'm a Jew!!!!!!

They have never ever, as far as I recall, mentioned the word scriptures in reference to their holy book the Qur'an.

Indeed, in my studies of the Qur'an, every time the word " scriptures" appears, it is invariably made with reference to the Jews (and christians) Sura 2:109, 3:64, 69, 70, 71, 75, 4:47, etc.

Revelation by (religious) definition means something revealed by God to humans. Is this not the message of the Quran?

The original usage of the word "ķur`ān" is in the Qur'an itself, where it occurs about 70 times assuming various meanings. It is a verbal noun (maṣdar) of the Arabic verb "ķara`a" (Arabic: قرأ), meaning "he read" or "he recited," and represents the Syriac equivalent "ķeryānā" - which refers to "scripture reading" or "lesson." While most Western scholars consider the word to be derived from the Syriac, the majority of Muslim authorities hold the origin of the word is ķara`a itself.[21]

Among the earliest meanings of the word Qur'an is the "act of reciting", for example in a Qur'anic passage: "Ours is it to put it together and [Ours is] its ķur`ān."[22] In other verses it refers to "an individual passage recited [by Muhammad]." In the large majority of contexts, usually with a definite article (al-), the word is referred to as the "revelation" (tanzīl), that which has been "sent down" at intervals.[23] Its liturgical context is seen in a number of passages, for example:"So when al-ķur`ān is recited [by Muhammad], listen to it and keep silent."[24] The word may also assume the meaning of a codified scripture when mentioned with other scriptures such as the Torah and Gospel.[25]

The term also has closely related synonyms which are employed throughout the Qur'an. Each of the synonyms possess their own distinct meaning, but their use may converge with that of ķur`ān in certain contexts. Such terms include "kitāb" ("book"); "āyah" ("sign"); and "sūrah" ("scripture"). The latter two terms also denote units of revelation. Other related words are: "dhikr", meaning "remembrance," used to refer to the Qur'an in the sense of a reminder and warning; and "hikma", meaning "wisdom," sometimes referring to the revelation or part of it.[21][26]

Some Christians have claimed that the Qur’an commands Muslims to read and obey the 4 Gospels. First, one of the reasons Allah has sent Islam and the Qur’an was because all the scriptures that came before it were either corrupted or lost. The Qur’an says the following of the books that came before it:

“Know they not Allah Knoweth what they conceal and what they reveal? And there are among them illiterates, who know not the Book but (see therein their own) desires, and they do nothing but conjecture. Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: ‘This is from Allah,’ to traffic with it for a miserable price! Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.” (The Qur’an, 2:77-79)

[yt]CdCL42uMEWU[/yt]

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller

Even this very thread.

Well then you should go through some of the videos of Mr. Ahmed Deedat, a Da'ee who spent most of his life in South Africa.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother BG, I must say one of the attributes you seem to display is one I appreciate. In simple terms you like to hear it from the horse's mouth. The reason I am writing is to gently point out to you that the depth and breath of the Quran is so expansive it does not hurt to have some assistance. When the brothers and sisters of this forum give you suggestions it is only to help you gain a better understanding. Also, in Islam we are strongly encouraged to give the best of all answers. We are told to inquire and investigate throughly. We are all attempting to show you the peace of Allah as it is reflected individually in our lives and collectively in our ummath.

BGfromGB

The definitions

Scrip·ture (skrĭp'chər)
n.
1. A sacred writing or book.
2. A passage from such a writing or book.

The Quran is written down in the form of a book, is sacred and God refers to it in the Quran more than 230 times as "The Book," therefore it's holy Scriptures.

tes·ta·ment /ˈtɛstəmənt/ Pronunciation[tes-tuh-muhnt]
–noun
1. Law.
2. a will.
3. a covenant, esp. between God and humans.
4. Something that serves as tangible proof or evidence: The spacious plan of the city is a testament to the foresight of its founders.
5. A statement of belief; a credo: my political testament.

The Quran is law, covenant, tangible proof of God and a declaration of belief, therefore it's a testament. The testament of God, His covenant, His instructions to us and His message have always been the same. The original Torah, Psalms and Gospel, before they were edited, all gave the same testament and covenant as the Quran does
1. "The Quran is law". It is not binding. He gave us the law. It is up to us to accept it. Sadly we have all fallen short of his laws. We disregard the (10) commandments and do not observe the Sabbath.

2. "Covenant". According to the scriptures (Bible,) God made a covenant with the Jews. In your own words "The quranic scriptures", The Jews didn't nor did we (non Jews) make a covenant with God. That's why we are sinners. God does not break a promise. Humans abuse that priveledge of God's. Hence we are ALL sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God.

3.The "original" Torah, Psalms and Gospels. What evidence do you have of this.? How was it possible at that time, for the authors from Moses to Paul, to summon every person in possession of these books, to forward their books in their possession back to the authors so that they could make these so called editions?

4. "All gave the same testament and covenant as the Qur'an." Are you saying that the wording of these "edited" books was identical to that of the Qur'an before they were edited? and finally,

5. Do you disagree with any of my statements in my first response to you?

BGfromGB

Your questions

So, what's your point? You said the Quran is not a testament and I gave you evidence that it is based on the meaning of testament being law.
My point is that the definition of the words as described by you, not only applies to the Qur'an but also to the scriptures as confirmed directly by the Quran when it refers to the scriptures as the scriptures.

Yes we did. All humanity did from day one. Adam and Eve did when they were still living in the Garden. If you bothered to read the Quran you would've known that.
Well sir, according to my studies so far. (I'm up to sura 18) I haven't yet come across this covenant that human mankind made. least of all Adam. (Sura2:31-40.3:33,59, 7:11, 17:61) You made no mention of the breaking of God's laws ie the sabbath. What a pity. maybe you forgot.

You continue to believe that God makes a one-sided treaty with people who don't want it! No wonder you have a hard time finding the truth.
. No sir, its not a matter about what I believe. Its just that I haven't seen it in the scriptures neither in the Qur'an (Sio far yet)
You lock your mind and fixate on dogma even if they don't make sense. It's your mind to lock.
No sir, my mind is not locked. When I see it, is when I will accept it.

The evidence is God's word in the Quran. You are the one who needs to investigate this by studying the history of the Bible, Christianity and Judaism. Someone referred me to a scholarly book published by
Am in the process of studying the Qur'an. But then in your studies of the scriptures, can you at least answer my question regarding the practicality of how the scriptures were summonsed from all the owners/rabbis/priests and the subsequent falsification were put in place/ "edited" without the owners objecting?. Or if you prefer, can you show how those books you refer to are the absolute authority on the corruptions of the scriptures?[

The teaching was
.I don't agree

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Hi

Hi,

Well sir, according to my studies so far. (I'm up to sura 18) I haven't yet come across this covenant that human mankind made. least of all Adam.

And (remember) when your Lord brought forth from the Children of Adam, from their loins, their seed (or from Adam's loin his offspring) and made them testify as to themselves (saying): "Am I not your Lord?" They said: "Yes! We testify," lest you should say on the Day of Resurrection: "Verily, we have been unaware of this." (172) Or lest you should say: "It was only our fathers afortime who took others as partners in worship along with Allâh, and we were (merely their) descendants after them; will You then destroy us because of the deeds of men who practised Al-Bâtil (i.e. polytheism and committing crimes and sins, invoking and worshipping others besides Allâh)?" (173)
[Al-Aa'raaf]

Behold thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth."
[Al-Baqarah]
Note:

Definitions of vicegerent

Something that takes the place of another. In the 17th century often applied to rulers as representatives of God.
www.mindmagi.demon.co.uk/Bacon/reference/glossary.htm
[SIZE=-1]someone appointed by a ruler as an administrative deputy [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

[SIZE=-1]Vicegerent is the official administrative deputy of a ruler or head of state. (Latin: vice (in place of) + gerens (governing).) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicegerent[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Indeed Allâh took the covenant from the Children of Israel (Jews), and We appointed twelve leaders among them. And Allâh said: "I am with you if you perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât) and give Zakât and believe in My Messengers; honour and assist them, and lend a good loan to Allâh. Verily, I will expiate your sins and admit you to Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise). But if any of you after this, disbelieved, he has indeed gone astray from the Straight Path." (12) So because of their breach of their covenant, We cursed them, and made their hearts grow hard. They change the words from their (right) places and have abandoned a good part of the Message that was sent to them.[] And you will not cease to discover deceit in them, except a few of them. But forgive them, and overlook (their misdeeds). Verily, Allâh loves Al¬Muhsinûn (good¬doers - see V.2:112). (13) And from those who call themselves Christians, We took their covenant, but they have abandoned a good part of the Message that was sent to them.[] So We planted amongst them enmity and hatred till the Day of Resurrection (when they discarded Allâh's Book, disobeyed Allâh's Messengers and His Orders and transgressed beyond bounds in Allâh's disobedience), and Allâh will inform them of what they used to do. (14) O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Now has come to you Our Messenger (Muhammad SAW) explaining to you much of that which you used to hide from the Scripture and pass over (i.e. leaving out without explaining) much. Indeed, there has come to you from Allâh a light (Prophet Muhammad SAW ) and a plain Book (this Qur'ân). (15) Wherewith Allâh guides all those who seek His Good Pleasure to ways of peace, and He brings them out of darkness by His Will unto light and guides them to a Straight Way (Islâmic Monotheism) (16)
[Al-Maida]
Seems like you are not paying enough attention since all these verses are from the Surahs that you have already read. The verses mentioned are from Surah 7, 2 and 5 respectively.

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy

Hi BG,
1. "The Quran is law". It is not binding. He gave us the law. It is up to us to accept it. Sadly we have all fallen short of his laws. We disregard the (10) commandments and do not observe the Sabbath.

The basic principles guiding the laws of God's commands do not change, such as Worship God alone, Don't tell lie, Don't opress, Don't kill unjustly etc whereas others may change with the evolution of human knowledge. Thus every prophet (From Adam to Mohammed - PBU them all) carried same message of God but its own Shariah suited to the time period and circumstances they lived.

Thus there are mainly two types of Laws obeyed by Prophets (Pbu them).

* Those orders or practices that were binding for all people for all times.
* Some orders and practices were pertaining to the era of the respective Prophet alone (Shariah)

These laws were revealed to mankind through the Quran and Sunnah (Authenticated Hadith). Jews think that they celebrate Sabbath because they were/are taught that God created the universe in six days and he took the rest on seventh day (remember human manipulation of scriptures). So, they too want to imitate him and take rest as a ritual, missing the real part of it. However, the truth is that God does not take any rest nor he sleeps. He is All Powerful and Alert all the time. This is cleared by the God in Quran. Also there is no mention of rest day in Quran.

2:255 GOD - there is no deity save Him, the Ever-Living, the Self-Subsistent Fount of All Being. Neither slumber overtakes Him, nor sleep. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth. Who is there that could intercede with Him, unless it be by His leave? He knows all that lies open before men and all that is hidden from them, whereas they cannot attain to aught of His knowledge save that which He wills [them to attain]. His eternal power overspreads the heavens and the earth, and their upholding wearies Him not. And he alone is truly exalted, tremendous.

The real purpose of Sabbath was to bring humanity in the life of Jews so that they will give some free time to their servants, animals and others from the cruel work load / schedule and free them to think about God and worship him at least once a week. In Islam we pray to God daily five times but on Friday we gather remember God more than rest of days and thus this unique day has eliminated Muslim associating this special worship day with any false notion of God taking rest. So, you can see that in Islam though basic teaching of God remain the same but the sharia of our prophet times overtakes the previous sharia legally through Prophet.

2. "Covenant". According to the scriptures (Bible,) God made a covenant with the Jews. In your own words "The quranic scriptures", The Jews didn't nor did we (non Jews) make a covenant with God. That's why we are sinners. God does not break a promise. Humans abuse that priveledge of God's. Hence we are ALL sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God.

Who promised the land of Canaan to Jews? The four super powers of the world? or the God promised them in the Bible? In today's world, it is unthinkable that millions of people be made to evacuate from the land of their origin to give place to a religious group who are gathered from all over the world and who believe on the basis of their religious declaration that they are the rightful owners of the land. But the unthinkable was implemented by the self-proclaimed guardians of peace. Is not Palestine, the land of Prophets, holy to Christians and Muslims as well?

Your claim has no basis except in Bible. As it happens, the Christians and Muslims also believe in those parts of the Old Testament, which have not been changed or manipulated. So, let us view the claim of the Jews 'Promised Land' in the light of scriptures. The Promise which you have referred to has also been mentioned by Qur'an:
"O Children of Israel, Remember My favour wherewith I favoured you; and fulfil my covenant and I shall fulfil your covenant.." (5;40)

Through Qur'an, the promise still stands but God's covenant is not unconditional. The fulfilment of God's covenant is linked with the covenant Bani Israel made with God. The Jewish encyclopedia confirms this; "That Israel's character as the chosen people is conditioned by obedience to God's commandment is stated in the very words of the Sinai covenant." (JE IV, P.45, quoted by Abdul Majid Daryabadi in Tafsirul Qur'an F.N. No-176 of Vol.I)

The fifth Book of Moses in the Bible clearly states that the covenant was a bilateral one with reciprocal obligations and undertakings: "Today you have acknowledged the Lord as your God; you have promised to obey Him, to keep all His laws and to do all that He commands. Today the Lord has accepted you as His own people, as He promised you; and He commands you to obey all His laws. He will make you greater than any other nation that He has created, and you will bring praise and honour to His Name. You will be His own people as He promised." (Deut. 26:17-19)

The Lord's promise was that the children of Israel would be His own very special people, greater than all nations provided they kept their part of the covenant. Israel (Jacob) had informed his son Joseph thus: "He (the Almighty) said to me, 'I will give you many children, so that your descendants will become many nations; I will give this land to your descendants as their possession forever'. (Gen. 48:4).

The same promise of the possession of the land of Canaan was renewed to the Israel's descendants from time to time with the same reciprocal condition; "The Lord said to Solomon, "If you obey all my laws and commands, I will do for you what I promised your father David." (I Kings 6:11-12)

What exactly, was the Bani Israel's covenant with God? What were the commandments they were ordered to obey? There are many rules and commands but the most famous part of all commandments is "The ten Commandments', some of which are: "Observe the Sabbath and keep it holy. You have six days in which to do your work, but the seventh day is the day of rest dedicated to me. On that day no one is to work ..... neither you, your children, your slaves, your animals, nor the foreigners who live in your country... Respect your father and your mother, so that you may live a long time in the land that I am giving you. Do not commit murder. Do not commit adultery. Do not steal. Do not accuse anyone falsely. Do not desire another man's house; do not desire his wife, his slaves, his cattle, his donkeys or anything else that he owns".

Of hundreds of other laws and instructions to be obeyed, some were the following: "Put to death any woman who practices magic. Put to death any man who has sexual relation with an animal. Condemn to death anyone who offers sacrifices to any god except to me, the Lord. Do not ill-treat or oppress a foreigner. Do not ill-treat any widow or orphan. If you lend money to any of my people who are poor, do not act like a moneylender and require him to pay interest, give me your first born sons, give me the first born of your cattle and your sheep. Do not spread false rumours, and do not help a guilty man by giving false evidence. Do not follow the majority when they do wrong. Do not accept a brief." (Exodus; ch, 22,23).

In return for obedience and the fulfilment of their part of the covenant, the Jews were promised that God would send an angel ahead of them who will protect them and make their enemy run. He would make the borders of their land extend from the Gulf of Aqba to the Mediterranean Sea and from the desert to the Euphrates river. They would be very prosperous and so carefree that no one would be ill and no woman shall have a miscarriage or be without children. (Exodus; Ch.23).

The Jews have no right to complain to anyone. Had they fulfilled their promise with the Lord, the Lord would have given them the promised land. Jews control the banking and economy of the whole world. They are the biggest moneylenders in the world, thus disobeying Him. Jews own the world media and do not hesitate in running false campaigns in their material interests. This again is against the covenant. Look at the other commandments. Are they fulfilling them? In fact they have a unique history of perpetual disobedience even when Prophet Moses was among them. It calls for punishment from the Lord and they have been punished time and again in history.

So, from whatever angle we study the matter, Jews have no moral claim on Israel. True, they were wronged by the Europeans but they are doing the same to the original Palestinians in collusion with America and Europe. If their claim is on the basis of the Lord's promise, then let them fulfil their promise to God, instead of reasoning with or appealing to the world community.

Best Regards

visionusman

being content
Muhammed SAW will not return to this world again, InshAllah. This life and this world is not a place that the Prophets want to return to. The after life is far better. However Jesus will retun for two reasons mainly: firstly because the anti christ or Dajjal will claim to be christ himself and will also claim to have divinity. It is only natural that the person he is lying about exposes him (as Jesus Christ would do; may Allah's blessings and peace be upon him).Secondly many a prophets in the past wanted to be part of the nation that followed Muhammed SAW because all Prophets had been sworn to obey Muhammed if he was to come in their life time. They had all also been told of his piety and closeness to Allah, therefore all wanted to have the opportunity to follow him and many prayed to God for this. Christ Jesus's prayer in this regard was answered. So he will return and follow the correct Deen to the letter. This will end disputes between the pious christains who love Jesus and the muslims who also love Jesus very much.

BGfromGB

Sura references

Hi,

Note:

Definitions of vicegerent

Something that takes the place of another. In the 17th century often applied to rulers as representatives of God.
www.mindmagi.demon.co.uk/Bacon/reference/glossary.htm
[SIZE=-1]someone appointed by a ruler as an administrative deputy [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

[SIZE=-1]Vicegerent is the official administrative deputy of a ruler or head of state. (Latin: vice (in place of) + gerens (governing).) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicegerent[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Seems like you are not paying enough attention since all these verses are from the Surahs that you have already read. The verses mentioned are from Surah 7, 2 and 5 respectively.
thank you sir, i will go back and read them again.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Hello BG, hope you are fine.

Now you are sure that prophet Mohammad (pbuh) is not going to return, simply because he has completed and perfectly conveyed the message he was ordered by Allah to convey it to me, to you and to the whole mankind.

Prophet Jesus (pbuh) will return back to complete his message, to make clear to the whole Christians that he is not their god and to support Muslims and fight Antichrist.

My advice to you, if you permit me, is not to give much attention to if prophet Muhammad ( pbuh) will return back or not, but rather to what he has said, done and the messege he was ordered to convey to all of us. If you are convinced of what he has in his hands, then take it and you'll never regret. If you are not convinced, nobody is pushing you. In the Hereafter everyone will be responsible in front of Allah, the real GOD, of what he had chosen for himself and he will blame no one but himself.

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy

Sabbath according to Islam

Introduction

Jewish and Muslim Sabbath, the similarities, the differences and why.

Intention of the Sabbath (Hebrew; Day of Rest)

Is the Sabbath for Remembering God ? Yes, even more so than resting.

The Bible editors humanize God in relation to the Sabbath by saying;
"By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done" (Genesis 2:2).

Bible editors took the idea that God rested farther still when they wrote as follows: "In six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed" (Exodus 31: 17).

Is God a human that gets tired and needs to rest and refresh ? Of course not;
"GOD IS NOT A MAN, that he should lie ; NEITHER THE SON OF MAN that he should repent.... (Numbers 19:23)

God in the Quran clarified the matter in His own words when He declared:
"And verily we created the heavens and the earth and all that is between them in six periods, and naught of weariness touched us" (Quran 50:38 see also v. 15).

Dispelling any human weaknesses attributed to God and showing the intention of the Sabbath is not to rest, but to remember the beautiful Creation God made.

Even Prophet Jesus emphasizes the misinterpretation of the Sabbath;

Mark 3:1-5: Jesus observed the Sabbath, but criticized the Pharisees' overly strict rules and regulations concerning the day of rest. He emphasized throughout his ministry a different purpose for the Sabbath: a day to be enjoyed by the believer, and a time when many normal activities were quite permissible.

The idea that God rests like humans and gets refreshed like humans was also criticized by Jesus. According to John, he declared that God never stops working, even on the Sabbath day (see John 5:16).

According to the Holy Quran, the Final Testament, God does not get tired "Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him" (Quran 2:255), verifying the focus of the Sabbath is not rest, but remembrance.

What day was the Sabbath ?

Today we know that the creation process can be measured in billions of years.

The Bible editors could not have known this. In their eagerness to enjoin Sabbath observance on others they wrote that God rested on the very first Sabbath day after finishing up his work of creating the heavens and the earth.

The six days of creation in the book of Genesis was believed to be like six days of any seven-day week. They believed that the reason the Sabbath day became holy is that God Himself had rested on that day.

The scientific discovery regarding the actual time period of the creation of earth causes concern as to which day the Sabbath actually is. The Sabbath can not be associated with the earth creation because that would mean we would have a Sabbath once every 6 billion years.

The Holy Quran simply designates the "Day of Assembly" in addition to clarifying God does not rest, Hence completely dispelling the incompatible association between the Sabbath and Day of Creation as made in the Bible.

Was the Sabbath on Friday or Saturday ? Another tension in the Bible Corrected by God through the Holy Quran is knowing the exact day to practice the Sabbath.

When the Julian calendar was replaced by the Gregorian calendar in 1582 CE, ten days were deleted in order to bring the calendar in synchronism with the seasons. Thus, 1582-OCT-4 (a Thursday) was followed by 1582-OCT-15 (a Friday), indicating the Sabbath was originally Friday, rather than Saturday.

There is no record in the Bible showing who did this or when he did it. So, the present Jewish Sabbath observance can be traced back, through the discontinuity of 1582 CE into ancient times to an arbitrary choice of day by person or persons unknown.

There is thus no reason to believe that there was a seventh day of creation or that there was any continuous celebration of the Sabbath until the 10th century BCE. It is probable that some Jewish official made an arbitrary selection of the day for the first Sabbath about 3 millennia ago. As history shows the intended day for the Sabbath is Friday as in Islam.

What time was the Sabbath to take place ? The Bible demonstrates that the intended time is for the afternoon, also as in the Islamic teachings;

The Bible makes the strong distinction between day and night, the word "Night" is mentioned in the Jewish Bible ((233)) times yet it is never mentioned in conjunction with the weekly Sabbath,

The Sabbath is always referred to as "The Sabbath Day". In fact, a distinction is made between the Weekly Daytime Sabbath and a monthly 24 Hour Sabbath.

"It shall be to you a sabbath of solemn rest, and you shall afflict yourselves; on the ninth day of the month beginning at evening, from evening to evening shall you keep your sabbath." Leviticus 23:32

Hence clarifying there are different types of Sabbaths for different time periods and that the weekly Day Sabath was not intended for 24 hours, but rather for the Daytime as the clear distinction is made in Leviticus 23:32

Who was to follow the Sabbath ?

Israelites ask Muslims "If Abraham's way was the right way, why don't Muslims follow the Saturday Sabbath ?" The Sabbath has nothing to do with Abraham, it was instituted with the Law of Moses.

There is no evidence that Adam and Eve ever celebrated the Sabbath.

The first instruction from God to the Hebrew people to observe the Sabbath appears in Exodus 16:27, when the Hebrew people were wandering in the desert after having escaped from Egyptian captivity and starting to doubt and be disobedient to God. Therefore Hebrews have been worshipping God for centuries without observing the Sabbath.

The second command from God is seen in Exodus 23:12. Both passages were written by Moses circa 1491 BCE. No evidence the Sabbath was observed before then by previous Prophets.

Furthermore, there are 613 laws obligatory for Israelites, yet according to Judaism, not all Israelites have to follow these laws, for example, of those 613 Laws, only certain ones apply to certain tribes of Israelites, the Levi tribe only follows certain parts of the 613 Laws, as well as the Cohen tribe following different sets of the Commandments.

Different laws apply to different types and tribes of Jews. Similarly, Jewish Muslims follow the Quranic Commandments, identical to the Ten commandments of Moses, without the false associations made by Bible editors.

Sabbath in the Bible

Similar to the Muslim form of the Sabbath, the Bible lists a Function of the Sabbath is to have a Religious Assembly. Congregating on the Sabbath is commanded by God in Leviticus:

Leviticus 23:1-3 1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 "Say to the people of Israel, The appointed feasts of the LORD which you shall proclaim as holy convocations, my appointed feasts, are these. 3 Six days shall work be done; but on the seventh day is a sabbath of solemn rest, a holy convocation; you shall do no work; it is a sabbath to the LORD in all your dwellings.

The Hebrew word for convocations is migra, meaning a calling (together), according to Young's Analytical Concordance. Migra is the Hebrew word used in Leviticus 23:4-44 for all the holy convocations commanded for the High Sabbaths also.

Another similarity is Leviticus 23:32, the Day of Atonement is defined as a Sabbath. Islam also believes that Friday is a day for attaining atonement more than any other day of the week:

The Holy Prophet Muhammad said : "The day of Friday has been exalted and conferred many rights. Therefore do not be negligent of your duty. Do not be tardy in your worship this day. Try to attain nearness to Allah by performing pure deeds and refraining from the prohibited things, because this day Allah increases the reward for good deeds and obliterates the sins. Allah raises the position of the believer in the world and the Hereafter."

Yet the Israelites considered the Sabbath a curse as pointed out in Amos 8:4-6 4

"Hear this, O ye that swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail, Saying, When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn? and the sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel great, and falsifying the balances by deceit? That we may buy the poor for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoes; yea, and sell the refuse of the wheat?"

Israelites disobeying the Sabbath was also documented in Nehemiah 13:16

"Men of Tyre also, who lived in the city, brought in fish and all kinds of wares and sold them on the sabbath to the people of Judah, and in Jerusalem."

The Sabbath that was issued to the rebellious Hebrews with Moses became an unbearable restraint towards the Bounties of God to the Israelites, then they were forgiven.

Sabbath in the Quran

"O ye who believe! When the call is proclaimed to prayer on Friday (the Day of Assembly), hasten earnestly to the Remembrance of Allah, and leave off business (and traffic): That is best for you if ye but knew! " 62:09

The curse of financial confinement is forgivingly removed upon embracing Islam while the substance and content of the Sabbath is in place, the merciful removal of the restriction from God's bounty is specified in the following verse:

"And when the Prayer is finished, then may ye disperse through the land, and seek of the Bounty of Allah: and celebrate the Praises of Allah often (and without stint): that ye may prosper. " 62:10

An example in the Bible of God no longer desiring Israelis to follow the Sabbath is:

Isaiah 1:10-15
" Bring no more vain offerings; incense is an abomination to me. New moon and Sabbath and the calling of assemblies--I cannot endure iniquity and solemn assembly. Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hates; they have become a burden to me, I am weary of bearing them. 15 When you spread forth your hands, I will hide my eyes from you; even though you make many prayers, I will not listen; your hands are full of blood."

Here we see how God depending on the Actions of the Jews, changes His relationship with the Jews, similar to being exiled from Israel and being returned to Israel.

With this in mind, the Quran Sabbath is understood as a Merciful Sabbath. Though there is still a Punishment for Breaking the Sabbath.

"The punishment for profaning the Sabbath was imposed only on those who had differed about it and thy Lord will surely judge between them on the Day of Resurrection concerning that wherein they differed." Quran 16:124

The words penalty and punishment at the beginning of the verse are supplied by the translators, because they are implied in the word ju'ila. The meaning of the verse is that there is a punishment for Sabbath-breaking, but it is to be carried out on upon those who dispute the obligation to keep the Sabbath. Furthermore, it is concluded from this text, that no punishment for Sabbath-breaking is to be carried out before the Day of Judgment.

This is another excellent illustration of how the Quran complements and completes the Bible. In the Bible we are faced with two complications regarding Sabbath breaking. The first is that the punishment for Sabbath-breaking is death. In practice, this is not carried out in the current age. Christ showed by his example how the legislation of the Torah was to be interpreted. He did not as Christianity claims abrogate it.

The second Friction is that there is no provision for delaying the Sabbath. If there is something to prevent Sabbath observance on the seventh day, there is no provision in the Torah or any other Scripture for putting it off to the following day, as there is for the Passover, for example, which under certain conditions may be observed in the following month. This means that there are occasions when the intention to observe the Sabbath cannot always be carried out perfectly. If something arises which was unforeseen and unintended, the Sabbath cannot be delayed to the following day.

It has to remain as it is, whether or not its observance turned out to be as was intended. Therefore, the punishment is meted out upon those who dispute the obligation. Those who made the proper intention to observe the Sabbath, but whose observance for unforeseen reasons did not match their intention, are not punished for Sabbath-breaking.

Conclusion

Prior to scientific knowledge of earth formation, or scholarly Bible criticism, the Holy Quran in 632 AD, has purged the man made editing in the Bible and in swift concise Words, Bestowing upon us the proper date, time, and intention of the Sabbath as well as conscientious judgement for Sabbath breakers.

Source:
http://www.jews-for-allah.org/Jews-and-Muslims-Agree/jewishsabbath-islamsabbath.htm

Wasalam