With All Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom dear brothers and sisters.

I read brother's Mabsoot respond to the thread, " US might strike in Pakistan: White House "

With all respect to brother Mabsoot, brother Ayman1 and with all respect to Sheikh Ibn 'Uthaymeen, who consider blowing oneself up into the enemy committing suicide, I just want to add something.

This is the opinion of one religious scholar or one school, while there are different opinions among religious scholars about that matter. I just want to show the different opinion as a kind of making balance.

(Question No.539)Suicide Bombers
[Topic:Jihad]
Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)

One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

assalam alequm

thanks for giving kind reply, please answer the following question

i hear in islam sucide is haram, those who did suicide will go in paradise, there is one hadith, (mafhoom) that one time prophet mohammed (pbuh) said this man is jahannumi, but sahaba replied no he fight with kafair, and we found his honest, prophet mohammed (pbuh) said no he will go jahannum, same time one sahabi came and told that he cut his head by sward, because he was injured and he did not do saber (this is the mafhoom summary of hadith), so my question is now a days some muslims are doing suicide bums, sucide attacks, is this allowed in islam, some schlor said allowed, but i need reply only from quran, hadith, and sahaba amal, if allowed then the above hadith is wrong (astagfirullah) please satisfy me.

awaiting ur reply

regards

(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)

Answer:

Suicide Bombers

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and who-ever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is no one (no idol, no person, no grave, no prophet, no imam, no dai, nobody!) worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

The hadith that you have quoted is indeed correct and this incident is reported in the authentic books of Hadiths. We obviously cannot give you any proof from the time of the Prophet (saws), or from the amal of any sahaba (r.a.), simply because there were no such things as bombs or explosives in those times, whereby one could go into the thick of the enemy. But there are countless examples of the noble sahabaas, who went singly or in small bands into the thick of the enemy lines, knowing all too well that they would be surely martyred in that fight.

Suicide is indeed strictly forbidden in Islam, and Allah and His Messenger (saws) have promised the committers of this heinous sin the ever lasting Fire of Hell.

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 4 Surah Nisaa verses 29-30:

29 O ye who believe! eat not up your property among yourselves in vanities: but let there be amongst you traffic and trade by mutual good-will: nor kill yourselves: for verily Allah hath been to you Most Merciful.

30 If any do that in rancor and injustice soon shall We cast them into the fire: and easy it is for Allah.

But one must understand the difference between the one who is despaired from life and thus ends his own life, and the one who submits his own life for the Cause and Pleasure of Allah.

Suicide taken in normal terms, would mean that the person is so despaired with his own life and its trials, that he ends his life himself, because he neither has the courage nor the patience to face these trials, and thus commits this cowardly act of killing himself intentionally to run away from his trials.

But when a sole person goes into the thick of the enemy, with bombs or explosives strapped to himself, he knows only too well that he will lose his life in this incident. And for lack of a better term, they are called ‘suicide-bombers’! But the intention of this person is not to kill himself because he has been despaired of his life and its trials, but rather to strike a blow and demoralize the enemy; and that too only because he wants to raise the banner and word of Allah High and Supreme. This person sacrifices his life for the Cause of Allah, and his sole intention is the Pleasure of Allah Subhanah.

We recently read of a report that a Chechnian woman named Mariam strapped herself with explosives and went into the thick of the Russain army and killed almost 37 Russian soldiers along with herself. But before she went, she wrote a small note, which was very moving:

“Paradise undoubtedly has a price! And I hope this is my price for Paradise.”

May Allah reward her and the brothers and sisters who have sacrificed their worldly lives, so that the word of Allah may reign Supreme in the world.

And when we read about these acts of ‘suicide-bombings’ in the media, we are never told the full story. No one ever relates what drove these martyrs to do what they did! When the enemies of Islam combine and commit atrocities on the muslims, and take away their right to defend themselves… one brave believer sacrifices his own life with all its pleasures, and walks straight towards the enemies and strikes a blow deep into their hearts, he is called a suicide-bomber! His intention was not to kill himself in his humiliation and helplessness, but his intention was to hurt and defeat the enemies of Allah and their evil hopes against the believers. He willingly sacrificed his life for the Pleasure of Allah Subhanah, and realized all too well what honor and rewards await him in the Court of Allah Subhanah. This act is perfectly legal in Islam, and Allah will reward each according to his intentions.

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 4 Surah Nisa verses 74-76:Those alone, who barter away this worldly life for that of the Hereafter, should fight in the way of Allah. Then We will bestow a great reward upon him who fights in the way of Allah, whether he be slain or be victorious. Why should you, then, not fight in the way of Allah for the sake of those helpless men, women and children who, being weak, have been oppressed, and are crying out, “Our Lord, deliver us from this habitation whose inhabitants are unjust oppressors, and raise a protector for us by Your Grace, and a helper from Yourself.” Those, who follow the way of Faith, fight in the way of Allah; and those who follow the way of disbelief, fight in the way of ‘taghut’ (Shaitaan). So fight against the helpers of Shaitaan with this conviction that Shaitaan’s crafty schemes are in fact very weak.

These martyrs have bartered the world with all its allures, for the life of the Hereafter. And Allah Alone is a witness to their intentions and their sacrifice.

May Allah accept their martyrdom and grant them the highest reward and honor in Paradise. May Allah increase our imaan, and give us the courage and the faith to fight against those who are enemies to Allah and Islam. May Allah make us amongst those who sacrifices their wealth and their lives for His Cause.

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 9 Surah Taubah verse 111:Indeed, Allah has bought from the believers their lives and their possessions in return for the Gardens. They fight in the Way of Allah, kill; and are killed! This promise of the Gardens is a true pledge of Allah; as made in the Torah, the Gospel, and the Quran. And Who is more true in fulfilling his promise than Allah? So rejoice in the bargain you have made with Him. This is indeed the greatest success.

But this act is only legal when done against the ones who are actually at war against the believers. To target women, children, old-people, and/or civilians who do not wage war against the believers, is absolutely forbidden in Islam.

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah’s Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Your brother and well wisher in Islam,

Burhanhttp://www.islamhelpline.com/view_answers.asp?QAID=4287

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister, I am proud that you have stood up for what you know is the truth. Suicide is very different from matyrdom. Why we focus on the suicide aspect and not the matryrdom I do not know.

halah

:salam2: :ma:
Masha'Allah ,You have an iron determination my dear sister. Personally I don't like to generalize anything ,for instance the person who blows himself up in Israel can be considered as a martyr but who does the same act in UK or US or Egypt or Turky I think he cann't be considered a martyr as well.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:wasalam:

Who is he? do you know? That website is not even a proper Muslim website. It is run by ex-Dawoodi Bohra which is a Shia sect. Infact, they are very confused and strange people who wont admit to what they believe in unfortunately. And this (Lying) is a trait of the Shi'a.. rawafidah. I really didnt have time to read the pages and pages of information about himself and his life. :SMILY153:But, he clearly loves talking about himself. Astaghfirullah.

This person will not answer any the questions asking about his background. He simply said "I am not Sunni or Shia". It is a confusing site with confusing and ill-thought out random answers to questions. - This is not a site for serious seeking of knowledge im afraid.

However, the case is that this person is not from Ahlus Sunnah. I.e. a person who follows Quran and Sunnah with understanding of the early generation of Muslims.

Fatawa must be made by the Scholars. That is what was given before. It was given on basis of what the early Muslims did. That site is just run by one guy who answers as he wants without relying on the Scholars of Islam. Therefore he answers without any understanding of the Islamic sources. We should not be learning Islam like that. - We can not compare this man's emotive ravings with the Fatawa of our learned Ulema'.

So, please dont call these people Scholars. Especially as he has no credentials whatsoever and has even stated his site is a Q&A site run by "brothers". Astaghfirullah.

This person is simply making his own ideas up. - Although, he does not say kill innocents. It is this precise ignorant mindset that carries on to make excuse for killing civillians. - The majority of Takfiri are like that, killing women and kids.

His ideas are those that are always mentioned by the Takfiris and their ignorant ilk.

Going into battle in order to fight and die fighting is one thing.

Blowing oneself up is just suicide. - He can not equate the Sahaba's actions with what some people do today out of desperation and revenge.

The Sahaba fought great battles and yes, many died fighting. - Yes, some of the Sahaba and many of the Salaf went into thick of battle. They went with knowledge that they may be killed. - However, they did not kill themselves! Astaghfirullah. They were killed fighting. They did not go into battle with Desperation. They went with their Iman in Allah's help. - i.e. When we fight, we should always have Iman that Allah will help us and give us victory no matter what the odds.

Those who strap bombs onto themselves, disguise themselves as the enemy and kill innocents are doing a lot of harm to the Muslims!! as well as to innocent people. They are doing things due to their desperation. - Sure, they may imagine they have high Iman by killing themselves, but this is delusion. - For with Iman, they would think of another solution other than doing the haram of killing themselves.

The writer of that article says the Sahaba didnt have explosives, and therefore we cant compare.

But, when he does this, he is speaking bad of the Sahaba later by equating their actions to that of the deseperate nature of today's suicide bombers.

His reply is totally baseless in Islam, because its derived from his emotions rather than the original teachings of Islam. - He talks about stories from Chechnya etc. - This is not ISlamic fatwa!! I am sorry, but these people who are not qualified to give any fatawa are just there to confuse Muslims more. Astaghfirullah.

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 4 Surah Nisa verses 74-76:Those alone, who barter away this worldly life for that of the Hereafter, should fight in the way of Allah. Then We will bestow a great reward upon him who fights in the way of Allah, whether he be slain or be victorious. Why should you, then, not fight in the way of Allah for the sake of those helpless men, women and children who, being weak, have been oppressed, and are crying out, “Our Lord, deliver us from this habitation whose inhabitants are unjust oppressors, and raise a protector for us by Your Grace, and a helper from Yourself.” Those, who follow the way of Faith, fight in the way of Allah; and those who follow the way of disbelief, fight in the way of ‘taghut’ (Shaitaan). So fight against the helpers of Shaitaan with this conviction that Shaitaan’s crafty schemes are in fact very weak.
I am sad that this person tries using Ayah from Quran to explain his views about acting through desperation and not having Iman in Allah (Subhana wa ta'ala's help!! ). So, it is a big sin to talk without knowledge or to give Ayah in such a way. Who else before him has done this from the Imams of Islam? - None. -

On TTI, we really encourage people to use the correct evidence with explanation of the scholars. - We are no way entitled to give our own explanation of Ayah from Qur'aan. But, that is the unfortunate mistake that he does.

This person again shows his ignorance by talking about what the definition of Suicide is. etc .. Lughatan or Istalahan? where do they get such definition etc.

As was said before, in the Fatwa by Shaykh Ibn Uthaimeen Rahimahullah, those that do these things without knowledge, and are under extreme pressure by enemies of Allah, inshaAllah, Allah will forgive them.

If person has to fight, then he must do so in normal way, there is no reason to go to suicide bombing. Sometimes, these people kill themselves or get caught before. Even if they kill 100 people, it will still be suicide. Because the person took his life. OTher people dying is just a side note.

If he had true Iman in Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) then, he should have fought without doing such a thing.

- So, please dont let emotion get in the way of what Islam says about these things.

All the Scholars are against this. - Finding a fatwa / or fatwa hunting will only result in getting articles and statements written by unknown people. People who are not even scholars.

If someone has to fight they should do so, but not by blowing themself up. The latter is an act of desperation. And a Muslim must never feel lost or in despair, because Allah is always there for them. And we are tested by many calamities, as the Muslims before were also tested, in perhaps much worse ways than we are in this time. - And this action of suicide bombing is a new one. It has only popped up in the last 20 or so years.

And my brothers and sisters, this is not a matter which is up for discussion. This is the Shari'ah we are talking about. It is the Qur'aan, Allah's words we're talking about, the Hadith of our blessed Prophet :saw:, his life and the lives of his Companions. Lets not belittle these things by the words of some ignorants and their new ideas.

Its my job as admin here make sure that the website runs smoothly (no arguing/fights) and that people are learning the correct things. That is by means of looking to what the scholars of Islam, who follow Quran and Sunnah say and to stick to that. - This is important. We are certainly open to corrections, suggestions and so forth, but often we have to draw a line. This happens on various occassions, everyday threads are deleted or closed. Because, this site is different from other "Islamic" forums. We try accept only that which is correct and in compliance with the original teachings of Islam. It aint easy! but, it is what has to be done as best as possible.

You will find that many of the people who are happy with things like suicide bombing also allow for the killing of civillians etc or other haram actions. - If they make incorrect explanations and twist the meanings for one thing, they carry on to do for others. - They go into things like Takfir, where they call other Muslims kafr for small sins etc. Its a big issue. And, we certainly do not want any of this kind of thing on our site here. So, we got to be firm about this and I have to close this topic. I dont want big arguments brewing about these sorts of issues. Nor do I want the advocates of these things finding a home here, to spread their theories and what they think Ayah of Qur'an mean. So, it is not up for debate.

wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.