Woman Who Doesn't Want to Work

rtbour

american muslima
Thank you everyone for your advice. It helps me feel better and hopefully it will help me convince my husband to let me stay home. Please pray for me that my husband will understand and will talk nicely about it with me tonight and let me quit my job. Thanks for all your help everyone! You're all amazing people.

rtbour

american muslima
I wanted to thank all of you who gave me advice on this. I am no longer working! Yay! I did agree to do a little work on the side (from home) to generate a little income, though. I decided to sell Mary Kay makeup. I don't know if any of you are interested but if you are, you can look at my new website. It is: www.marykay.com/rtbour. You can order online and right now there is a special where if you spend $40 or more, you get a free gift. It's a pretty good gift that you can see on the website. I should have a place to enter credit card info within the next week, so if you want you can just take a look at my website for now and play around with it. It has some cool stuff to play around with. For example, you can upload your picture to see what the makeup colors would look like on your skin (cool!) I would love it if you'd take a look at my site. I'm trying to get the word out about the site, so please take a look! Thanks!

a_stranger

AlhamduliAllah this is a good news may Allah swt help you to full your times with all that is good and fruitfull and help you to be a good wife and mother.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister I will make dua for you as I make dua for my entire TTI family. You have raised a serious topic. Many of us need to rethink the role of a wife and mother.
I am a divorced mother raising two wonderful sons. I am currently teaching. I make enough money to squeeze by. However, the benefits include I drop my sons to school in the morning. I am home within fifteen minutes after them. I have my evenings and weekends free. I am home with them for the summer. OK so I drive a car that is almost as old as I am. I have a home that needs a lot of repairs. The bottom line is : My wise son told me he will be in college in four years..he said mommy love and enjoy me before I go away.

*StarLight*

:salam2:
:mashallah: I'm glad you were able to give up work!!

Asalamu alaykum wrwb. Sister, Islam suggests and recommends that women stay home and for men to go out and work. Not because there's inequality but because women are better off at home and being with their children is more important since they are the child's first teacher. I truly think that you need to explain to your husband what the job is causing you. your children and home are more important and if you feel that you should stay home, it is best to do so. He( your husband) is supposed to be the one who's working and providing for the family. you have a right to receive proper care from him. he should take into consideration the fact that Men are supposed to be our maintainers and protectors. They are supposed to be our shield. if he's not letting you quit because of greediness, then sis you need to set him straight! go on youtube and let him watch some videos about marriage in islam and what it's supposed to be about. try and give him a wake up call inshaAllah. i wish the best for you. but i strogly suggest that you do that which is right which i believe is staying home and taking care of your house and children so as to preserve a family that is well cared for and happy. InshaAllah.
asalamu alaykum wrwb .

I really like ur advise. Wonderful, mashaAllah!

*StarLight*

I wanted to thank all of you who gave me advice on this. I am no longer working! Yay! I did agree to do a little work on the side (from home) to generate a little income, though. I decided to sell Mary Kay makeup. I don't know if any of you are interested but if you are, you can look at my new website. It is: www.marykay.com/rtbour. You can order online and right now there is a special where if you spend $40 or more, you get a free gift. It's a pretty good gift that you can see on the website. I should have a place to enter credit card info within the next week, so if you want you can just take a look at my website for now and play around with it. It has some cool stuff to play around with. For example, you can upload your picture to see what the makeup colors would look like on your skin (cool!) I would love it if you'd take a look at my site. I'm trying to get the word out about the site, so please take a look! Thanks!

And I'd like to say sis, that i'm all the way fro doing something form home for earning income!
I do it myself. InshaAllah you'l find more Barkat in this.

salek

i wouldn't let my wife work, even at home i help a lot.....

Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhu. I have not been here in a long time! I have a question and need some advice:

I don't want to work, but my husband wont let me quit my job. Want to stay home and take care of the home and my 4 year old son. Work also just stresses me out and makes me very very tired and unable to clean and cook. It depresses me, too. I feel like working is the hardest thing in the world, and I hate it. I dont like being away from home and my son for 10 hours a day- it's horrible and makes me feel so guilty. My husband doesnt want me to quit, though. I make more money than him, and when I work, we have lots of extra money to spend on going out to dinner and new clothes and things like that. While i also enjoy those things, I would rather be poor and stay at home. My husband works full time and goes to college part time. He refuses to find a better job in which he could support his family better, which leaves me working my tail off and torn up in my heart and soul. And it leaves a strain on the marriage and makes it difficult to be the mom and wife I need to be. Please give me some advise. Can't I demand that he support me properly so I dont have to work?

well, sister. i am sad to hear that your husband kind of forcing you to work. that's not islamic teaching. i think, if i can just run the family simple way, it's the best, i don't need that much money. but the people who love this world and money they can't stop. for me, for sure , i will rather do double job to keep my wife out of work. it's not only for that i dont want to let her work. but i think she should enjoy the time just with her kids and praying on time at home. moreover, i love her. i won't let her work. even at home i help her a lot~ to clean, do the dish, feeding kids, give them bath. sometimes cooking too. i love to take care of wife and my family and thus i feel peace, not with the money. i am so happy and grateful to Allah allmighty. I will ask to all my muslim brothers' to follow the way of sunnah, how our beloved prophet(s) was kind and nice to his families. so, please be kind and nice to wife, kids and family. Otherwise, Allah wouldn't shower his rahma on us.

rtbour

american muslima
Thanks again everyone for all your support. You are all very good people with good advice to give! I really really really appreciate the help.