Women will be the majority in jannah?

xAllahKnowsBestx

Assalamu 'alaykum..

I know the hadeeth about women being the majority in hell but I saw a sister post a hadeeth about women being the majority in jannah as well?

Can someone tell me if this is authentic? I don't speak Arabic so I don't what it really says:

Muhammad ibn Sireen reported: Some people were boasting and they mentioned whether men or women would be a majority in Paradise. Abu Huraira said: I heard the Prophet, peace be upon him, say, “Verily, the first group to enter Paradise will have faces as bright as the full moon at night; and the next group will have faces as bright as shining stars in the sky; and every person will have two wives and the marrow of their shanks would glimmer beneath their skin and there will be no one in Paradise without a wife.”

[Sahih Muslim, Book 40, Number 6793]

Al-Qadi Iyad said, “This narration demonstrates that women are the majority of the people of Paradise, and in the other narration that they are a majority of the people of Hellfire; what can be understood from them together is that women are the majority of the children of Adam.”

[An-Nawawi, Sharh Sahih Muslim]

مُحَمَّدٍ قَالَ إِمَّا تَفَاخَرُوا وَإِمَّا تَذَاكَرُوا الرِّجَالُ فِي الْجَنَّةِ أَكْثَرُ أَمْ النِّسَاءُ فَقَالَ أَبُو هُرَيْرَةَ أَوَ لَمْ يَقُلْ أَبُو الْقَاسِمِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ إِنَّ أَوَّلَ زُمْرَةٍ تَدْخُلُ الْجَنَّةَ عَلَى صُورَةِ الْقَمَرِ لَيْلَةَ الْبَدْرِ وَالَّتِي تَلِيهَا عَلَى أَضْوَإِ كَوْكَبٍ دُرِّيٍّ فِي السَّمَاءِ لِكُلِّ امْرِئٍ مِنْهُمْ زَوْجَتَانِ اثْنَتَانِ يُرَى مُخُّ سُوقِهِمَا مِنْ وَرَاءِ اللَّحْمِ وَمَا فِي الْجَنَّةِ أَعْزَبُ

2834 صحيح مسلم كتاب الجنة وصفة نعيمها وأهلها باب أول زمرة تدخل الجنة على صورة القمر ليلة البدر وصفاتهم وأزواجهم

قَالَ الْقَاضِي ظَاهِرُ هَذَا الْحَدِيثِ أَنَّ النِّسَاءَ أَكْثَرُ أَهْلِ الْجَنَّةِ وَفِي الْحَدِيثِ الْآخَرِ أَنَّهُنَّ أَكْثَرُ أَهْلِ النَّارِ قَالَ فَيَخْرُجُ مِنْ مَجْمُوعِ هَذَا أَنَّ النِّسَاءَ أَكْثَرُ وَلَدِ آدَمَ

شرح النووي على مسلم

عَنْ مُحَمَّدٍ قَالَ إِمَّا تَفَاخَرُوا وَإِمَّا تَذَاكَرُوا الرِّجَالُ فِي الْجَنَّةِ أَكْثَرُ أَمْ النِّسَاءُ فَقَالَ أَبُو هُرَيْرَةَ أَوَ لَمْ يَقُلْ أَبُو الْقَاسِمِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ إِنَّ أَوَّلَ زُمْرَةٍ تَدْخُلُ الْجَنَّةَ عَلَى صُورَةِ الْقَمَرِ لَيْلَةَ الْبَدْرِ وَالَّتِي تَلِيهَا عَلَى أَضْوَإِ كَوْكَبٍ دُرِّيٍّ فِي السَّمَاءِ لِكُلِّ امْرِئٍ مِنْهُمْ زَوْجَتَانِ اثْنَتَانِ يُرَى مُخُّ سُوقِهِمَا مِنْ وَرَاءِ اللَّحْمِ وَمَا فِي الْجَنَّةِ أَعْزَبُ

JazaakAllaahu khayr!

ouddene bouziane

Jazakom Allah kheir
i think the general rule rule all muslim. Men and women that everyone offer goog deeds will deserve to enter the paradise and vice versa.
God said in sourat Imaran family

Allah said he will not put in vain the good deeds of man or womanفأستجاب لهم ربهم أني لا أضيع عمل عامل منكم من زكر أو أنثى

Ayyub

Assalamu 'alaykum..

I know the hadeeth about women being the majority in hell but I saw a sister post a hadeeth about women being the majority in jannah as well?

Can someone tell me if this is authentic? I don't speak Arabic so I don't what it really says:

JazaakAllaahu khayr!

Assalamou alaikoum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Al Imam Muslim categorized this hadeeth as saheeh and al Imam Nawawi too. (Rahimahumullah).
http://www.ebnmaryam.com/vb/136857-post1.html
Here the link to the hadeeth in Sahih Muslim:
http://hadith.al-islam.com/Page.aspx?pageid=192&BookID=25&TOCID=1321

Besides that, if you consider that a martyr gets a lot of hoor al ayn then it is not suprising that there are more women than men in jannah.

Waalaikoum assalam

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
As'salaamu alaikum,

there will be more women in hell and we have seen the hadith that says why. There will be more women in jannah also because of the hadith we have seen. For example, every man will get 2 wives from and then hoors from jannah. So if i mean gets 2 wives, it clearly shows women will out number men 2 to 1.

xAllahKnowsBestx

JazaakAllaahu khayran for the replies.

So the 2 wives they get will be women from this world, right? The rest are hoor al ayn in jannah.

unbreak

Paradise Is at the Feet of our Mothers. (I know this statment is true)

i have heard, 4 women (mother, wife, sister, daughter) who will take a 4 men (father, husband, son, brother) to jananam (hellfire), because in day of judgement when allah rise everyone asked question to women about sins in the world, when she see the fire front of her, in fear she will replied that our men didn't teach us about religion (can anybody tell if this statement it true)

also isn't MEN duty to spread the islam in home.

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
JazaakAllaahu khayran for the replies.

So the 2 wives they get will be women from this world, right? The rest are hoor al ayn in jannah.
I couldn't find the information now but I have read that each person will get 2 wives from the duniya. And from the information below, it seems they will get 2 hoors as well.

What is proven in the saheeh Sunnah is that the martyr (shaheed) will have seventy-two hoor ‘iyn. The least of the people of Paradise will have two wives, and some will have more than that.

It was narrated that al-Miqdaam ibn Ma’di Yakrib said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The martyr has six blessings with Allaah: he will be forgiven from the first drop of blood shed; he will be shown his place in Paradise; he will be protected from the torment of the grave; he will be safe from the greater terror; a crown of dignity will be placed on his head, one ruby of which is better than this world and everything in it; he will be married to seventy-two wives from al-hoor al-‘iyn; and he will intercede for seventy of his relatives.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1663; Ibn Maajah, 2799; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The lowest of the people of Paradise in status will be a man whose face Allaah will turn away from the Fire towards Paradise, and make a shady tree appear before him. … Then he will enter his house and his two wives from among al-hoor al-‘iyn will enter after him. They will say: ‘Praise be to Allah Who has created you for us and us for you.’ And he will say: ‘No one has been given the like of that which I have been given.’” Narrated by Muslim, 188.

Al-Haafiz said:

The apparent meaning is that the least that will be given to each of them will be two wives.

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=25843&ln=eng&txt=hoor jannah

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said about the people of Paradise: "Every person has two wives of Hur al-Ayn (the women of Paradise), the marrow of their legs can be seen through their flesh and bones." [Reported by Bukhari and Muslim, and this is the wording of Bukhari]

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
Paradise Is at the Feet of our Mothers. (I know this statment is true)

i have heard, 4 women (mother, wife, sister, daughter) who will take a 4 men (father, husband, son, brother) to jananam (hellfire), because in day of judgement when allah rise everyone asked question to women about sins in the world, when she see the fire front of her, in fear she will replied that our men didn't teach us about religion (can anybody tell if this statement it true)

also isn't MEN duty to spread the islam in home

I have not heard of such a thing. What is mentioned in the hadith is that each one of us is a Shepard and we will be responsible for what is our flock.

It has been narrated on the authority of Ibn 'Umar that the Holy Prophet (May be upon him) said:

Beware. every one of you is a shepherd and every one is answerable with regard to his flock.

The Caliph
is a shepherd over the people and shall be questioned about his subjects (as to how he conducted their affairs).
A man is a guardian over the members of his family and shal be questioned about them (as to how he looked after their physical and moral well-being).
A woman is a guardian over the household of her husband and his children and shall be questioned about them (as to how she managed the household and brought up the children).
A slave is a guardian over the property of his master and shall be questioned about it (as to how he safeguarded his trust).

Beware, every one of you is a guardian and every one of you shall be questioned with regard to his trust.

Sahi Muslim, Book 020, Number 4496

On the authority of ‘Abdullaah ibn al Haarith who said; the Messenger of Allaah (May be upon him) said:

“Allah created three things with His Hand; He created Adam with His Hand, He wrote the Torah with His Hand and He planted Firdaws with His Hand. He then said; “By my Glory, neither a drunkard nor a ‘Dayyooth’ will live in it”. The companions asked: ‘O Messenger of Allah, we know the drunkard, but who is the Dayyooth?’ He responded: “One who consents to evil in his family.”
[1]

Collected by al Khira-ity in Masaawi al Akhlaaq: P.62, #426

[1] It also means one who does not have any protective jealousy for his family and therefore allows evil to take place.