work sucks !

Abu Hannah

Slave of Allah
Have any of you'll been worked at a place where you are surrounded by people with no morals, and who collectively make your life miserable because you always try to do the right thing and not do wrong things just to please the management and get ahead. I know I said a mouthful there, but I am have the lousiest day ever at work. Pls share experiences if any.

:salam2:

Asalaamalikum,

I believe everyone has a bad or lousy day at work once in awhile, so brother don't feel miserable or sad. It happens. Just try to have confidence in yourself and work at something you enjoy and that's worthy of your time and talent.

My boss and couple of other managers (non-Muslims) like drinking. They always want me to go with them to "happy hour" (more like sad hour) after work. I've refused them twice and I told them I don't drink. These people are crazy lol. I just can't imagine my boss getting "loose."

Most managers are very busy people and have multiple tasks. Time constraints as well as quality work is vital for them. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully. Try to have occassional morning talks about what he/she or you did over the weekend, kids, hobbies, sports, etc. This shows you are a caring and outgoing person. They like to share and build common interests.

Globalpeace

Banned
Blondie at work!

Asslamo Allaikum,

Couple of years ago I was up for a promotion so I went in front of a board; got ripped apart by 3 people but got it.

Another friend of mine (White/Non-Muslim) went six months before me & got it.

We were the only two for a while who hacked the board.

To our surprise a blond-girl GOT it without the board; I will be happy to post in the private section as to WHY! :) :angryblue: :)

Abu Hannah

Slave of Allah
it ain't the brains !

LOL at Globalpeace. I can imagine why she got it. Thanks for the notes guys .... it really was a lousy day. Wish I was surrounded by good muslims at work, I'd work overtime for free :blackhijab:

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
salam

in my case is the way around....there is just 1 person that is making our life at work "MISERABLE"!!!! :angryblue:

Allah make it easy for us...Ameen InshaAllah! :tti_sister:

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Here's one of my bad experiences. I was starting my first day of work at an office. It was just before 9 am and everyone was slowly coming into the office, the girl who was trainning me was standing next to me introducing herself, then another girl came in all annoyed about something. They started talking ( it was the day of the British subway bombings) about the news and what had happened in London. they started talking about how "those Muslims have a horrible religion and any religion that allows violence shouldn't exist", "Muslims need to get religion right"
I was shocked and hurt so much, that was the longest day of my life.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I was always the sensitive type...i kept getting fired every two years..like clockwork...i was once told i was not a superstar and everyone else (120 people were ) I asked what a superstar was...they told me: not you.

so now I just enjoy where I am and what I am doing...i never show up on time...i forget meetings...i just have fun..because i know every two years i get sacked.

i have the greatest interviewing skills..it keeps me on my toes...
each miserable experience has made me more humble and stronger
i will not take on the shortcomings of others nor kiss bottoms

Allah is the provider..and i go where He leads me

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
each miserable experience has made me more humble and stronger
i will not take on the shortcomings of others nor kiss bottoms

Allah is the provider..and i go where He leads me

:ma: :ma: :ma:
Take care sister, i'm proud of u, mashallah!!!!!!!
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

yanna

Well, I can understand how it feels when you think the world is against you.
In my work unit, we are working using buddy system. So, when one of us is on leave, the other has to cover. In another word, we have to know each others tasks. The thing is, whenever I go on leave my buddy doesn't need to do part of my works (as my boss said mine can be cleared when I get back). Where else, whenever she goes on leave her, I have to clear part of her works. We do have deadlines to follow, but seemed that every year she planned her leave during those period of time but my boss never says anything.
ps. working in an environment majority non-muslim.

:girl3:

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
I too have had a bad day....

Where i work there is a manager whose behaviour towards me since my conversion in March has seriously deteriorated. She has lodged a fair few complaints about me; including the fact I have mentioned religion. This is because I refused to go out for a drink with them. She got angry and said they serve soft drinks in the pub but I refused to back down saying when it comes to the day of judgement it will be my sin not yours. I think i might have irritated her...but so what? She offended me by asking continuously.

So now things have gotten worse. Everything I do raises a complaint from her lips. I am never going to be stood up for as the head of department loves her cos she is such a bimbo...all fake tan, blonde hair and anorexia.

Today was the last straw.....she accused me of lying in a team meetingand therefore made me look like a liar myself. I stood my ground and said 'this is what I know and I will not be told otherwise'. I am sick of it all.

Where i work there is a manager whose behaviour towards me since my conversion in March has seriously deteriorated. She has lodged a fair few complaints about me; including the fact I have mentioned religion. This is because I refused to go out for a drink with them. She got angry and said they serve soft drinks in the pub but I refused to back down saying when it comes to the day of judgement it will be my sin not yours. I think i might have irritated her...but so what? She offended me by asking continuously.

So now things have gotten worse. Everything I do raises a complaint from her lips. I am never going to be stood up for as the head of department loves her cos she is such a bimbo...all fake tan, blonde hair and anorexia.

Today was the last straw.....she accused me of lying in a team meetingand therefore made me look like a liar myself. I stood my ground and said 'this is what I know and I will not be told otherwise'. I am sick of it all.

Asalaamalikum,

LOL sorry sister but it just comes across so funny. It seems like you work in a hostile environment. It's like a battlefield there huh lol.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best

3 Words: FIND ANOTHER JOB

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
One thing I think I have learned from these posts is that I am glad I do not work in an office environment. In the blue collar world, all anyone really cares about is if you can do the job. If you can, no problem. If you can't, problem.

Also, my field is dominated by men. It seems as if men (in america anyway) are much more likely to solve their own problems without running to management. You know, take it out behind the woodshed. Since an explosion of violence is seen as an acceptable (though not officially allowed) response to problems, problems are avoided.

Most people I have met who work with their hands compartmentalize their lives. They generally don't take work home with them. I don't know how you guys do it. It just isn't natural to sit in a room with a bunch of ppl you probably don't like for hours everyday. I couldn't deal with that kind of stress.

Abu Hannah

Slave of Allah
serpents of the corporate world

Well, good to know that I am not alone. Thanks for sharing your experiences folks, it has made me feel a tad better, although pushing my boss over a bridge would solve the problem :SMILY149: I'M KIDDING, I'M KIDDING ...... a good muslim wouldn't do that.

American muslim has a point. I think that a Blue Collar job is for me. I work for one of the largest banks in the world as an assistant manager..... and all that it has gotten me is plenty of stress, tension and a bunch of egotistical, evil monkeys making my life hell. It ain't worth it. I'd rather do something straightforward, where you do A, and you get paid. You don't do A and you get fired.

I needed to vent all that, thanks again brothers and sisters.

Keep those experiences coming

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

We forget that we need to become independent. We need to grow our own crops..we need to go back to a life of simple trading and honesty. We need to always work with our hands. We need to tend sheep. Every prophet was a shepherd once.