Worried : Death in Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayleigh

I was reading a book awhile ago that made it seem like dream interpretation and anything like it was a category of shirk. I didn't know dream interpretation was allowed in Islam or even encouraged.

palestine

Servant of Allah
i don't know if it's cultural or religious but i've heard that if you see someones death in a dream it actually means they will have a long life. but that's what I HEARD, NOTHING THAT I CAN PROOF. salam. and no i've not seen this in a hadith or quran.

nizar83

selemu aleikum..

ive read many many hadieths..but never 1 that says that if in your dream someone close to you dies..but no blood is involved in the dream he or she wont die in real life..

not to be rude but..this may be incorrect..if ALLAH subhanawata3ala wants to end your life tomorrow, im sure even if you have the most perfect sweet lovely peacefull dream in your last night...you still will die..lol

however i believe that dreams at times can carry a message..a message that a smart person will use in his life to better himself..in his way to please the creator of the heavens and the earth ALLAH azzawajall!

and allah knows best

muharram23

Staff member
:salam2:

Brothers and Sisters,

If somebody has a dream that a dear person died, what's the significance of this in Islam.
Is it a devilish dream or what?
Does it have explanation in Ibn Sireen or the like?

Thank you

Salamu alaykum

Dreams are from three sources. 1) a good dream/pleasant dream is from Allah sva 2)bad dream- is from shaytaan 3) dreams from ur ownself. It is from the sunnah that when we have a good dream that we thank Allah sva for it, tell the people we trust, meaning people who are religios. Then ask people of knowledge to interpret it.

second, if it is a bad dream, a person should ask refuge from Allah sva from the harm of it, should ask refuge with Allah from the shaytaan (as bad dreams are from shaytan), spit slightly 3 times on your left side, turn to the opposite side and say athkaar such as the muawithatayn (suratun-naas, ikhlas, falaq), not tell the dream to anyone.

third, dreams of ur own self can be due to somethings that you worry to much or think to much and therefore you dream about it but might not necesarry have any meaning.

As far as the book "interpretation of ibn sirin" not everything in that book is authentic as well, not all of is from Ibn sirin ra. A lot of the dreams interpration has been added to his book but is not actually from him.

So, it is prohibited to talk or mention bad dreams to anyone and even ask their explenations as the explanation could cause harm to the person and fear.

A very good book on dreams to read is the set of 5 books of Mustafa Al-Jibaly. It explains everything from before going to bad, what athkars to say, explanations of dreams according to quran and sunnah and after waking up.

Please read this link for more information.

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=6537&ln=eng&txt=dreams

Hopefully, it will help you inshaAllah. The thread will be closed as this is a serious subject and everyone should not be talking about it without evidence from quran and sunnah.

Allah knows best.

wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.