WORRIED !

islamdonlyway

:salam2: brothers and sisters, hope everyones good.

i have fallen into such a big problem, and i cant find a solution.the problem is the uni i go to, on fridays i miss jumah, due to the schedule of the classes and lectures ! on jumah time i have lectures then followed by classes, and if i miss these lectures and classes i miss out alot !

a brother suggested to record the lectures, but the problem is in most of the lecture they show videos etc, and i have questions to ask....thus impossible to record it ! another brother suggested that i miss my lecture for jumah, but the problem arrises if i miss the lecture, my classes that i attend after i am clueless and totally lost, becouse it revolves around the lecture......i feel bad missing juma, but what can i do? will allah understand my situation or should i go and tlk to a imaam or scholer?

jazakallah for the responses may allah reward you for it.

az101

http://www.miraathpublications.net/

i have fallen into such a big problem, and i cant find a solution.the problem is the uni i go to, on fridays i miss jumah, due to the schedule of the classes and lectures ! on jumah time i have lectures then followed by classes, and if i miss these lectures and classes i miss out alot !

a brother suggested to record the lectures, but the problem is in most of the lecture they show videos etc, and i have questions to ask....thus impossible to record it ! another brother suggested that i miss my lecture for jumah, but the problem arrises if i miss the lecture, my classes that i attend after i am clueless and totally lost, becouse it revolves around the lecture......i feel bad missing juma, but what can i do? will allah understand my situation or should i go and tlk to a imaam or scholer?

i found this !

The Book of Prayers (Kitab Al-Salat)
Muslim :: Book 4 : Hadith 1882
Abdullah b. Umar and Abu Huraira said that they heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) say on the planks of his pulpit: People must cease to neglect the Friday prayer or Allah will seal their hearts and then they will be among the negligent.

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

I know some mosques do a few jummahs, at staggered times to handle a large congregation. Is there anyway you can look into local mosques and see if you can find a little later of a time to attend?

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

If it helps, I never attended a lecture at jumu`ah time in my years of university. Jumu`ah is far more important than any lecture or question you may need to ask.

islamdonlyway

I know some mosques do a few jummahs, at staggered times to handle a large congregation. Is there anyway you can look into local mosques and see if you can find a little later of a time to attend?

no sister :(....1. local mosque to uni is far 2. but EVEN if it was close the problem is after my lectures the class follows, so even i will miss the second jamah !

friday timetable is totally messed up :(.........

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam

but the problem is that if i miss the lecture, my classes later corespond to the lecture..so if i miss lecture i will be lost and wont be able to do any work.my teacher most of the time in the class refers to the lecture....

islamdonlyway

As-salaamu `alaykum

If it helps, I never attended a lecture at jumu`ah time in my years of university. Jumu`ah is far more important than any lecture or question you may need to ask.

walikumsalam

but the problem is that if i miss the lecture, my classes later corespond to the lecture..so if i miss lecture i will be lost and wont be able to do any work.my teacher most of the time in the class refers to the lecture....

Mairo

Maryama
walikumsalam

Not sure if this is possible for you, but perhaps when selecting your course schedule for the upcoming semester, could you opt not to take any classes during the timeframe for Jummah prayers? This may be a way to avoid the problem in the future.

Also - perhaps you could solve the current problem by recording the lectures as someone already suggested. And then in addition if you have questions about the material you could make an appointment to discuss with the professor at a time that will work for you outside of class.

:wasalam:

islamdonlyway

Not sure if this is possible for you, but perhaps when selecting your course schedule for the upcoming semester, could you opt not to take any classes during the timeframe for Jummah prayers? This may be a way to avoid the problem in the future.

Also - perhaps you could solve the current problem by recording the lectures as someone already suggested. And then in addition if you have questions about the material you could make an appointment to discuss with the professor at a time that will work for you outside of class.

its not possible for me to pick the timeframe of classes, he main issue is that lecture is 2 hours long, and at lecture time its jumah time.they wont change my lecture time due to one person, when there is like over 100 people.

and i cant record it, becouse 1, in lecture there are videos shown.2, the lecture is 2 hours long, so by the time i come from jumah its orready my class time, so thus i cannot view the recording. and remember my classes are based on lecture....they go over the lecture...so if i miss lecture im clueless in classes.

im in such a tricky situation, please brothers and sisters make dua.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Brother, you're in London. I've not heard of a uni today that doesn't release lecture notes after or before the lecture. Can you not rely on them and do your own reading into the source materials/books you use? If the time between the classes and the lectures is too short, than maybe you should cover the lecture material before the lecture to stay ahead/on top of things, without missing jumu`ah.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

What good will this lecture and university course bring you ? All that it can benefit you ends in this world and remember by neglecting the Ju'muah you are disobeying the command of Allah, Subhana Wa Ta'la you are putting your hereafter at stake. And remember Allah is the The Sustainer of everything and your university degree will not avail you much, if Allah does not improve your rizk.

helpinghumanity

Assalamo alaikum brother:

without wasting too much time (have an exam tomorrow) let me go straight to the point.

You have two options. You solely have to decide which one to choose and you responsible for it

1) To Pray Jumma
2) Not to pray Jumma

If you expecting some one here to tell you that its okay to skip Jumma for your studies then brother sorry you are at the wrong place. Inshallah i can say this with full confidence that most Muslims on this forum will say "NOT TO MISS JUMMA". However you have to decide what you have to do and you are solely responsible for it. Our message was to make it crystal clear which so many members did.

If you realize that you can't miss Jumma,,,you have to pray it regardless of anything.... then inshallah we can tell you some alternatives..If they can't work for you, then formulate your own ways ..you are not a child now. :)

When i was in High School, i used to skip two periods only for attending Jumma. I got the letter from the masjid and i showed it to the teacher. My brother who joined H.S now does the same thing...

Now i have two more semesters in college to be an Engineer. I am Majoring in Mechanical Engineering and Minoring in Nuclear Engineering. That should itself tell you the level of difficulty of the courses.

It happened two times that my classes had the conflict with the Jumma. In one of the class the attendance was must. So i would make wuddo before the class and take attendance and just walk out of the class. I did my own studying and alhamdolillah i got an A in that Engineering class.

Forget about Jumma bro. During regular days i walk out for 5-10 minutes to perform my regular daily salah. If i have an exam or sth big to do then on that day i only pray the fard (No sunnah)

So if you think that by attending Jumma your GPA will be affected then i must tell you that if you are truly a devoted student then inshallah it wont be affected, rather it will be improved because now you also have the help of Allah..which is the most important thing...

So tell us your choice (well you dont HAVE TOO) whether you will be attending Jummah or not? If you 100% certain to attend the Jummah Then inshallah we will advice you in different ways how you can manage that class..

islamdonlyway

Brother, you're in London. I've not heard of a uni today that doesn't release lecture notes after or before the lecture. Can you not rely on them and do your own reading into the source materials/books you use? If the time between the classes and the lectures is too short, than maybe you should cover the lecture material before the lecture to stay ahead/on top of things, without missing jumu`ah.

yeah they do realese the notes before and after it..but before that lecture i have another lecture !!!! so i cannot read it before ! and i dont think everyone is reading what i am saying, in the lecture we watch alot of videos aswel, and thus just reading after is not enough as i will miss the videos.

i have talked to some of my family members, they telling me allah will understand and i have no solution ! but i gues they lack knowledge maybe.

Seeker-of-truth

wow you got quite a problem there

I heard somewhere that if you miss 3 jummu'ah prayers in a row allah will seal your heart and you have to take shahadah again

az101

http://www.miraathpublications.net/
wow you got quite a problem there

I heard somewhere that if you miss 3 jummu'ah prayers in a row allah will seal your heart and you have to take shahadah again

... the shahadah part is wrong btw.

The Book of Prayers (Kitab Al-Salat)
Muslim :: Book 4 : Hadith 1882

Abdullah b. Umar and Abu Huraira said that they heard ...

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) say on the planks of his pulpit: People must cease to neglect the Friday prayer or Allah will seal their hearts and then they will be among the negligent.

Kakorot

Don't you have Blackboard, where the lecturers put the weekly powerpoints up and other stuff relating to the course, including the videos they show?

abu'muhammad

Assalamu alaykum,

If that works,... Can you request your professor or uni dept to provide the Friday curriculum for the semester or for the whole year ? – i.e. which includes the topics going to be discussed or the lecture contents (including videos) through-out. I suppose the unis over there will be keeping such schedules. If such schedules are pre-planned ,written or stored in CDs, then you can ask for it InshaAllaah. I hope uni authorities will co-operate if that is so.

Here such schedule is called as a ‘lesson planner’- teachers, professors keep it and as much I know for certain subjects even distribute it within the students.

I feel that will help you as –

1) you would know the contents of topics in prior and can prepare accordingly without directly depending on the lectures.

2) or can overview the topics on your own that will help you in the succeeding class that is scheduled after your missed lecture.