Would anyone like to have my experience ?:)

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

I was born in Singapore then me and my mom moved to Saudia Arabia because my dad was working there and stayed there for about 6 years then we moved to Egypt and stayed there for about 4 years then we moved back to Saudia Arabia and stayed there for another 3 years . And then we moved to America to a little town called Midland Park then we moved to another bigger town called Manalapan . Im almost finishing high school and in 2010 I'll have to move back to Singapore because I'll have to serve its army or police for 2 years (its the law for every singaporean male at 18 (in my case 19) to serve in the armed forces or Police) then move back to America for college inshallah. So I lived in the West , Middle East , and Asia would anybody want to have my experience living in 4 different countries ?:)

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
wow ! ... really impressive.

would you mind summarising what you liked / not liked about every country ?

Isra

aka Tree2008
As-Sallamu Alaikome.....if you want to avoid serving in the armed forces or the police in Singapore isnt there someway that you can change your citizenship to one of the other countries you lived or are currently living??? Just wondering if you wanted to do that.

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: very coooool!! i have lived in four countries too but three of them are in europe and the other is the usa.... within the usa i lived in nyc and florida (which seemed like two different countries, lol).... born in ireland, studied and worked in italy, moved to nyc, then florida and now this summer, paris..... however, i am 39 and have a little family and am no longer interested in moving around!! how is singapore? i have always wanted to visit there :) any other roaming gypsies out there?? :)
:wasalam:

Islam!!yay

wow ! ... really impressive.

would you mind summarising what you liked / not liked about every country ?

Saudia Arabia It was nice living there because about everything was cheap even gas prices ...duh!!! and not to mention the two holiest mosques were there . I lived in a city called jeddah , so it wasnt far from Mecca and not even hard to get there except maybe the 1 or 2 Hour drive . And also there are so many different malls overthere . Most of them are better than ones here (US) surprisingly . Well I live in new jersey so I dont think there are so many exciting malls in this state. But im sure there are on other states. And medical services are like much better than here . My dislikes about Saudia Arabia is the fact that its a secular muslim country and sad to say my mom was verbally abused and harassed a couple of times in that country . And she did wear the Islamic clothing including the Headscarf .:astag: Thats sad . And I dont like the Law enforcement in that country . (Police State) . According to my dad his friend's son was beaten by the police because he didnt go to the mosque and pray . ( I wonder why the little guy didnt pray welll I think it was because HE WASNT MUSLIM) And my dad did tell him he wasnt muslim but still kept on beating him .

Egypt I like better because the weather is isnt as hot as SA . Its harder to get around in that country since its very congested and overthere they allow women drive . I dont know what to write my dislikes about living there .

USA whats not to like about it .
And singapore although I was only born and not lived there . I will soon find ou the living conditions in that country when i have to enlist in the armed forces .

Islam!!yay

As-Sallamu Alaikome.....if you want to avoid serving in the armed forces or the police in Singapore isnt there someway that you can change your citizenship to one of the other countries you lived or are currently living??? Just wondering if you wanted to do that.

Yes but unfortunately I wont be getting my US citizenship soon enough . I think its like another 3 to 4 years before I get it , but I have to enlist after a year .

Islam!!yay

:salam2: very coooool!! i have lived in four countries too but three of them are in europe and the other is the usa.... within the usa i lived in nyc and florida (which seemed like two different countries, lol).... born in ireland, studied and worked in italy, moved to nyc, then florida and now this summer, paris..... however, i am 39 and have a little family and am no longer interested in moving around!! how is singapore? i have always wanted to visit there :) any other roaming gypsies out there?? :)

Singapore is a great country youll like it . Im sure i'll like it there to when I have to do my national service for two years

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: well, i have only heard very good things about singapore so i look forward to hearing more about your experiences there, Insha Allah. this is a cool thread, it is nice to learn about people's experiences from living in different countries :)