Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

Al-bint

Smile! It's Sunnah!
Oh also one more thing aparently ppl believe if the girl dress appropriately it will lessen her chances of getting marriage proposals .…

some aunty quoted the same statement for me... she was concerned for me that may be coz of wearing a head scarf i won't get married :confused:

wasalaam!

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
some aunty quoted the same statement for me... she was concerned for me that may be coz of wearing a head scarf i won't get married :confused:

wasalaam!

:salam2:
while reading ur reply i read ur signature and i think thats what the real deal is and wat we should focus on

Say: `It is Allah Who gives you life, then gives you death; then He will gather you
together for the Day of Judgement about which there is no doubt': but most men do
not understand.
(Qur'an 45:26)

Shak78

I will say personally and as a women to those who say I am not a good muslim if I do not wear Hijab it is not your place to judge. You have no idea what is happening between her and Allah in her life at the time or where she is in her deen. She may have just come to Islam and is slowly making changes but not made that change yet. To discount someone because they do not wear Hijab is judgmental and only Allah can do that. I do find it annoying that many Muslim men key in on the hijab issue with women but don't feel the need to delve any deeper about her then oh she does not wear hijab thus is a bad muslim and walk away. I have met far too many online who are like that. My two cents.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam walaikum,

I am getting old.

It is a command of Allah subhana wa taala. It is not a matter to be discussed. It is to be obeyed. Now we can make excuses, we can try to evade, we can try to justify and we can rationalize...but the bottom line is that hijab is mandatory.

If a command of Allah subhana wa taala is difficult for a woman to follow...would she obey her husband...which is also a command?

It is not judging a person. A believer simply obeys. You are told to pray you obey. etc.

Yes, wearing hijab can do strange things to relationships up to the point of breaking up marriages..but that which is with Allah is better.

Shak78

Asalaam walaikum,

I am getting old.

It is a command of Allah subhana wa taala. It is not a matter to be discussed. It is to be obeyed. Now we can make excuses, we can try to evade, we can try to justify and we can rationalize...but the bottom line is that hijab is mandatory.

If a command of Allah subhana wa taala is difficult for a woman to follow...would she obey her husband...which is also a command?

It is not judging a person. A believer simply obeys. You are told to pray you obey. etc.

Yes, wearing hijab can do strange things to relationships up to the point of breaking up marriages..but that which is with Allah is better.

What if that person does not know that, or is working her way there. Allah knows our intentions and I believe he understands the difficulties of believers. If I had listened to all the men when I first converted to Islam and told me I was not really a Muslim because I didn't wear Hijab at the time, I would have left the fold of Islam. It took me a while to get to that point of studying, praying, ect to wear Hijab. For some it is easy for others it is not, it does not make someone a bad Muslim if they do not wear Hijab at that moment. Helping them understand about Hijab is the way to go not to criticize them for it like often happens.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I know the importance of community to help the reverts. However, as I am older, I see the value in being simple.
It is not what others think..who cares. ( right now I think I have 90% of the members of TTI angry with me, oh well). It has nothing to do with what others think..

It is pleasing Allah subhana wa taala. It is striving to be correct by His Laws.

No-one ever said being a Believer will make you win a popularity contest..but my you have your sights set on good company, InshaAllah.