Votes: 43 29.5%
  • No

Votes: 80 54.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 23 15.8%

• Total voters

yafash

:salam2:
I THINK I NEED TO GO AND FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS TOPICS, MAY BE ASALAFU-SALI SAID OR WROTE ANY THING EXPOUNDING THE TOPIC AND HOW RELATIONS BTW SUCH RELATIVES SHOULD BE KEPT.
:wasalam:

vironchopin

I dont see a problem at all to marry a first cousin. Except a few remarks saying it may cause some kind of genetic descripencies...wallahualam. Good or bad is not Man to decide but Almighty Allah. I would.

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
I voted no for the simple fact that i like to marry someone outside of "family" i pretty much know all of my cousins 2nd, 3rd, 4th all of them and marrying them never crossed my mind.

Kakorot

No, I will never marry my cousins because on my dads side they are christian and on my mums side although they are Muslim, I don't have older brothers and all my life I have been calling my cousin bros 'brother', and I only see them in that way. I cannot imagine getting married to any of them.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
No offense but ugh! i would never marry my first cousin brothers.. thats just gross.. i grew up with them like they were my brothers. i know its halaal and all but a no no from me.
But far cousins i would maybe consider.

Wassalaam~

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
No offense but ugh! i would never marry my first cousin brothers.. thats just gross.. i grew up with them like they were my brothers. i know its halaal and all but a no no from me.
But far cousins i would maybe consider.

Wassalaam~

yes it is.. i just dont wanna marry cousins, ah ! but 2nd cousins .. i can .. i dont know, i mean dont understand

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

BismiAllah:)

I chose *YES* but I will be honest, there a time in my life where I thought marrying a COUSINE was CRAZY but AlhamduliAllah, now I understand more and in that case I would marry a cousin as long as he is pious and practicing MUSLIM. It's Allah who said we could and I would NOT go agains Allah's law just because the society thinks it's crazy or out of question. As for the RACE issue, I personally would NOT care..like I said the ONLY thing that matters to me is the DEEN of the brother. So, I would NOT care about his race or tribe. But, I can NOT speak for my parents, they might have a different opinion of interracial marriages. Allahu A3lam though, so yea that is my opinion.
Allah hafiz NOW and ALWAYS:hearts:
By the way GOOD thread​

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
salams brothers and sisters, I found this on Q and A islam site which is very intresting:

It is better to marry a non-relative or a relative?
Is it better or preferable for a Muslim to marry someone he is not related to rather than a relative?".

Praise be to Allaah.

A number of scholars regarded it as mustahabb for a man to marry a woman who is not related to him, and they gave a number of reasons for that:

1 – The child would have good characteristics, because he would take characteristics from his father’s side and his mother’s side.

2 – There is no guarantee that they will not separate which would lead to severing of the ties of kinship.

It says in al-Insaaf (8/16): It is mustahabb to choose a woman who is religiously committed and fertile, a virgin of good lineage who is not a relative. End quote.

It says in Mataalib Ooli al-Nuha (5/9): A non-relative, because her children will have better characteristics, and because there is no guarantee that they will not separate, which in the case of marriage to a relative would lead to severing of the ties of kinship, which we are enjoined to uphold. And it is said that non-relatives give children with better characteristics and female cousins have more patience. End quote.

Al-Nawawi said in al-Manhaaj: It is mustahabb to choose a religiously committed virgin who is of good lineage but is not a close relative.” Al-Jalaal al-Mahalli said in his Sharh: “Not a close relative” means a non-relative or a distant relative. The one who is distantly related is better than one who is not related at all. End quote from Sharh al-Mahalli ma’a Haashiyat Qalyoobi wa ‘Umayrah, 3/208.

You can see that there is no text concerning this matter, rather it is the ijtihaad of the fuqaha’ which they based on these interests, which differ from one person to another, and from one type of relationship to another. A man may decide to marry a relative so as to protect her and honour her family, or she may be religiously committed and of good character.

The basic principle is that marriage is permissible. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married Zaynab bint Jahsh who was the daughter of his paternal aunt, and he gave his daughter Zaynab in marriage to Abu’l-‘Aas who was the son of her maternal aunt, and ‘Ali married Faatimah, and he was the son of her father’s paternal uncle.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, after quoting the reasons that the fuqaha’ gave, of seeking good characteristics in the children and the fear of severing the ties of kinship:

What they said is true, but if there is someone among the relatives who is better in terms of other considerations (such as religious commitment, lineage and beauty), then that is better. In the event that they are equal in these terms, then a non-relative is better.

So if a female cousin is religiously committed and of good character, and he is in a weak position and needs kindness and support, then undoubtedly such a marriage serves a great interest. A man should pay attention to his interests in this case. There is no shar’i text concerning this matter that has to be followed, hence a person should do what he thinks is in his best interests. End quote from al-Sharh al-Mumti’, 5/123.

The scholars of the Standing Committee were asked about marrying relatives and whether that causes retardation in the children.

They replied: There are no saheeh ahaadeeth which forbid marriage to relatives. The incidence of retardation happens by the will and decree of Allaah and is not caused by marriage to relatives as is widely believed. End quote.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 18/13

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

IbnAhmad

salaaam

this is an interesting one...i certainly wouldnt marry any first cousins cos it wouldnt feel right considering we grew up like brothers and sisters... :D :D

but.....

maybe if they were cousins i aint close with if you know what i mean..loool :)

wassalam

abulzan07

My answer would be NO to....I am from asian background it used to be a tradition even my parents were cousins too but now its all over.....so i would prefer to marry outsider and my favi choice would be revert because i thnk they are more dedicated than born muslims no offence born muslims bro and sis but its truth....

Yousef83

there is a medical reality that your kids could be gappy if you get marry with your relatives.Possiblity 40% very high.You have to check blood entente before marry