Wow! Just read these words!!

Ershad

Assalamu Alaykkum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Ibn Qayyim wrote:

"Glory be to Allâh: The soul has the pride of Satan, the envy of Cain, the insolence and impiety of 'Âd, the tyranny of Thamood, the boldness of Nimrod, the tendency to attack violently like Fir'awn (Pharaoh), the injustice of Qârûn, the meaness of Hâmân, the fancy of Bil'âm, the trickery of the people of the Sabbath-breakers, the mutiny of al-Waleed, and the ignorance of Abu Jahl. The soul of a man also took some of the characteristics of the animals such as the greediness of the crow, the gluttony of a dog, the folly of a peacock, the lowness of a scarab, the disobedience of a lizard, the spite of a camel, the impulsive jumping of a cheetah, the power of a lion, the debauchery of a mouse, the malice of a snake, the frivolity of a monkey, the desire to collect and store like an ant, the cunning of a fox, the lightness of a butterfly, and the laziness of a hyena. But through taming and fighting this soul, all these traits will be removed, but whoever submits to these follies, will become their servant and his good self will not be bought by Allâh, as Allâh says:

"Verily, Allâh has purchased of the believers their lives." (9:111, interpretation of the meaning)"

Allaah will never purchase any good (deed) that has not been refined by faith for without it, the good deed cannot enter the world of the pious worshippers of Allâh. Hand your good deeds over to the Buyer (Allâh 'azza wa jall) before they are ruined through doing bad deeds. In this case the Buyer will not accept them. The Buyer knew what defects were present in this good deed before buying it, so hand it to Him and be assured that He will never return it."

(al-Fawaa'id, p.116-117)

Barakallahu feekum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I need help in understanding some of the images, please.

e soul of a man also took some of the characteristics of the animals such as the greediness of the crow, the gluttony of a dog, the folly of a peacock, the lowness of a scarab, the disobedience of a lizard, the spite of a camel, the impulsive jumping of a cheetah, the power of a lion, the debauchery of a mouse, the malice of a snake, the frivolity of a monkey, the desire to collect and store like an ant, the cunning of a fox, the lightness of a butterfly, and the laziness of a hyena.

How is a lizard disobedient. How is a mouse full of debauchery, how is a hyena lazy how is a crow greedy and how is a peacock full of folly. How does a snake have malice.

Ershad

Assalaam walaikum,

I need help in understanding some of the images, please.

e soul of a man also took some of the characteristics of the animals such as the greediness of the crow, the gluttony of a dog, the folly of a peacock, the lowness of a scarab, the disobedience of a lizard, the spite of a camel, the impulsive jumping of a cheetah, the power of a lion, the debauchery of a mouse, the malice of a snake, the frivolity of a monkey, the desire to collect and store like an ant, the cunning of a fox, the lightness of a butterfly, and the laziness of a hyena.

How is a lizard disobedient. How is a mouse full of debauchery, how is a hyena lazy how is a crow greedy and how is a peacock full of folly. How does a snake have malice.

Walaikkum Assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

You probably know more about animals than me. In my short life on earth, I have seen on TV or real life, some behaviours associated with some animals. And this is what the the about post refers to.

The Lizard
is hard to tame, especially the wild ones, they try to escape.

The mouse is full of debauchery. If you never had experience with mice, please visit the subcontinent. It has eaten my shoes, clothes and even my notes. Then I had to go offensive on them.

Hyena is lazy. They are scavengers. Although they can catch a prey by their own, they prefer to steal it from other animals.

Crow is a greedy bird. No matter how much you feed it. It comes for more. And it also steals.

The peacock displays its fancy plumage and carries it around despite the risk it brings from predators. So that is why it is a fool.

Malice is synonymous with venom and snakes unleash their venom on anything that they think is endangering them.

This is just my observation and how I understand it.

Allahu A'lam.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
^ BaraakAllaahu feek for sharing and explaining.

the meaness of Hâmân, the fancy of Bil'âm

Can you expand on the people quoted above. Who are they? Also, is Al-waleed mentioned here, Khalid bin Waleed?

Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh.

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
Assalamu'alaykum

jazaakallahu khayran brother, your thread really made my day, especially your explanation about animal behaviour :) you must've researched about them a lot lol

Allahu yubaarek feek akhee.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Assalamu Alaykkum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Ibn Qayyim wrote:

"Glory be to Allâh: The soul has the pride of Satan, the envy of Cain, the insolence and impiety of 'Âd, the tyranny of Thamood, the boldness of Nimrod, the tendency to attack violently like Fir'awn (Pharaoh), the injustice of Qârûn, the meaness of Hâmân, the fancy of Bil'âm, the trickery of the people of the Sabbath-breakers, the mutiny of al-Waleed, and the ignorance of Abu Jahl. The soul of a man also took some of the characteristics of the animals such as the greediness of the crow, the gluttony of a dog, the folly of a peacock, the lowness of a scarab, the disobedience of a lizard, the spite of a camel, the impulsive jumping of a cheetah, the power of a lion, the debauchery of a mouse, the malice of a snake, the frivolity of a monkey, the desire to collect and store like an ant, the cunning of a fox, the lightness of a butterfly, and the laziness of a hyena. But through taming and fighting this soul, all these traits will be removed, but whoever submits to these follies, will become their servant and his good self will not be bought by Allâh, as Allâh says:

"Verily, Allâh has purchased of the believers their lives." (9:111, interpretation of the meaning)"

Allaah will never purchase any good (deed) that has not been refined by faith for without it, the good deed cannot enter the world of the pious worshippers of Allâh. Hand your good deeds over to the Buyer (Allâh 'azza wa jall) before they are ruined through doing bad deeds. In this case the Buyer will not accept them. The Buyer knew what defects were present in this good deed before buying it, so hand it to Him and be assured that He will never return it."

(al-Fawaa'id, p.116-117)

Barakallahu feekum

wa aleikum salam wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

Very true and full of meaning words. And the humans have something very precious form Allah that can, by His mercy, to overpower all the negative aspects...alhamdullilah for islam and for our prophet, peace be upon him.

15:28
And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "I will create a human being out of clay from an altered black mud.
15:29
And when I have proportioned him and breathed into him of My [created] soul, then fall down to him in prostration."

15:49
[O Muhammad], inform My servants that it is I who am the Forgiving, the Merciful.

The love of Allah, the soul that He inspired us and the trust that He is Mercyfull with His creations.

:salam2:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I get hung up on words. And I am still having a hard time with the mouse.

Meek as a mouse...poor as a church mouse...

Debauchery is depraved self-indulgence. I never thought about a mouse being self-indulgent. It was all about getting food.

And you are correct I have seen many an animal in my life-time. I was trying to wall down a clayish hill, with a sprained ankle..no human around me...no cell phone reception..my car was parked on top of the hill as there was no road..and I hear this sound...five feet in front of me was a deer. She looked at me and I looked at her. I told her..look I just have to go down the hill..please move out of the way, I want to finish working so I can go home and see my babies. I called upon Allah, as usual. I was paralyzed. She moved and I walked down the hill. Later, walking up I ran as fast as my little old legs could run.

I refused to go to that assignment after that incident.

Ershad

:wasalam:

Jazakallah Khair for sharing this thread with us :)

:wasalam:

SubhanAllah!
Amazing words!
So powerful.
:jazaak: for sharing.

Baarakallahu feekum!

^ BaraakAllaahu feek for sharing and explaining.

Can you expand on the people quoted above. Who are they? Also, is Al-waleed mentioned here, Khalid bin Waleed?

Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh.

Walaikkum Assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

He is Haman, the coptic minister of Fir'awn who disbelieved in the words of Musa Allayhi salam and called him a "Liar, Magician" . He is metioned in Surat Al-Qasas and Surat Ghafir, and probably more. Allahu A'lam. You can read their mention in Tafsir Ibn Kathir here - http://abdurrahman.org/qurantafseer/ibnkathir/ibnkathir_web/29.39895.html .

The second one is Story of Bal`am bin Ba`ura

Yes, it is Khalid ibn Al-waleed in battle of Uhud (before Islam) .

Assalamu'alaykum

jazaakallahu khayran brother, your thread really made my day, especially your explanation about animal behaviour :) you must've researched about them a lot lol

Allahu yubaarek feek akhee.

Walaykkum Assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu, Hayakum Allah. Akhi al-Kareem

Ershad

wa aleikum salam wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

Very true and full of meaning words. And the humans have something very precious form Allah that can, by His mercy, to overpower all the negative aspects...alhamdullilah for islam and for our prophet, peace be upon him.

15:28
And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "I will create a human being out of clay from an altered black mud.
15:29
And when I have proportioned him and breathed into him of My [created] soul, then fall down to him in prostration."

15:49
[O Muhammad], inform My servants that it is I who am the Forgiving, the Merciful.

The love of Allah, the soul that He inspired us and the trust that He is Mercyfull with His creations.

:salam2:

:jazaak: for sharing the ayah with us, sister. Indeed, it is true.

Assalaam walaikum,

I get hung up on words. And I am still having a hard time with the mouse.

Meek as a mouse...poor as a church mouse...

Debauchery is depraved self-indulgence. I never thought about a mouse being self-indulgent. It was all about getting food.

And you are correct I have seen many an animal in my life-time. I was trying to wall down a clayish hill, with a sprained ankle..no human around me...no cell phone reception..my car was parked on top of the hill as there was no road..and I hear this sound...five feet in front of me was a deer. She looked at me and I looked at her. I told her..look I just have to go down the hill..please move out of the way, I want to finish working so I can go home and see my babies. I called upon Allah, as usual. I was paralyzed. She moved and I walked down the hill. Later, walking up I ran as fast as my little old legs could run.

I refused to go to that assignment after that incident.

That's scary experience!

Sister, Rats can be vile creatures.

On the authority of Jabir that the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam- ordered us
with four things and prohibited us from five: 1- That if you lie down to sleep then
close your door. 2- To cover your drinking vessels. 3- To cover your food containers
and 4- To extinguish your lanterns. Indeed Shaytaan cannot open a closed door, open
a drinking vessel or remove a cover and indeed a rat is an evil creature, it will cause a
family’s house to be burnt down. [Saheeh from Silsilah Ahadeeth As-Saheehah of Shaykh Al-Albaani ]

A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Five are the vicious beasts which should be killed even in the state of Ihram: scorpion, rat, kite, crow and voracious dog. [Muslim]

Maybe mickey mouse sounds cute and all, but in reality mice are very troublesome.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I would not be your Aapa unless I wrote this: Mickey Mouse is a creation of the Zionists.

But your post deserves more. Yes, we have to get beyond the animalistic nature we tend to listen to. We are lazy and arrogant. And self-indulgency is our favorite past time. ( yes, I know there is no such word, but it works)

We need to look at the positive and negative characteristics of the creatures of the world and remember we promised to be the caretaker of this planet. We asked for this responsibility and we fail so quickly.