You Can Help Close Guantanamo Prison!

AbuKhalid

I wonder where the thread about the taliban is, that I posted a few times here ... it seems to always get lost. Yet it is very important for Muslims to come out of their CNN and co. world, where the taliban are almost always wrongly portrayed.

Some people do not want such misconceptions removed! And now, maybe these same muslims agree that the taliban prisoners can be kept in prison???

Any one know anything?

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
A test, mashallah!

:salam2:
I did sign and sent it to my friends, Alhamdullilah! No it doesnt seem like much, but it is something. We have not forgotten about them, and this is only a test from The Lord of the Worlds. We are all being tested, and this is theirs. No its not easy, these people are evil, disgusting ,and have no concern for human life. Inshallah this will be an expiation for them and know that Allah is with them, and will get them through this. I pray for them everyday, and Allah answers all prayers,subhanallah!!May Allah make it easy on them and their families, Ameen!:wasalam: :hijabi:

Abu Eesaa

Servant Of Allah
Salaam,

I promised myself I would not use this site for numerous reasons, but have to say I did sign the petition.....

Inshallah this torture s*** hole will be closed down.

May Allah(swt) make the muslims strong and fight against whats clearly wrong.....

Abu Eesaa

simpson

Subhanallah walhamdulillah waalaailalahaiallah waallahuakbar. you are born a true pure muslim. May Allah swt bless you hereafter. Thank you for your beautiful advice.

Praise_2_Allah!

do you really think its wise closing these prisions? these prisoners arent theyre cos theyre muslims there theyre cos the goverment had reasons to put them theye.. inshalla soon they will be found not guilty and released ever way theyre still theyre cos theyres no evidence to clear them..

Asalamu alaikum,

Of course it's wise to close them! Over 90% of the prisoners in Guantanamo are Muslim - so I think it's fair to assume that it does have something to do with Islam. I disagree with you that the government has reasons to put them there - not a single inmate currently in Guantanamo has ever been convicted of any criminal charge; so what reasons would the govt have for detaining them? Furthermore, hundreds have been released (after upto 4years in Guantanamo) without charge.

Yet, despite the lack of evidence to support allegations against the prisoners, the US govt widely labels them as terrorists and the 'worst of the worst' (as Shai'tan's dad George Bush put it). They are viewed in the media as threats to mankind without a single shred of evidence to prove any of these claims. Many of our brothers are also being kept in secret prisons, which clearly violate of International law.

I'm sure you're already aware of their treatment. They are kept in windowless steel cages for almost 24 hours, lights on all day, with little human contact; the only possession they have is a copy of the Qur'an. When they see their lawyers (which is rare) they are chained to the floor. Three have committed suicide and a number are currently on hunger strike and are being force-fed to stop them from dying. The vast majority of these inmates face the prospect of indefinate detention without trial.

Sister/ Brother (apologies I don't know which you are), I wish things were simpler and our brothers could be found not guilty, as you suggested. But that can only happen when they're given a fair trial, which is unlikely given the inhumanity and brutality of the American administration.

If we want to make a difference to the lives of our brothers, I strongly feel we should get more involved with subjects like law, International law, political science, etc. We have millions of Muslims going into the medical and science fields, which is great, but is it really necessary to have 3 out of 5 Muslims going into science fields when there is a serious lack of Muslims in things that are shaping the situation of Muslims today?

The vast majority of lawyers working for Guantanamo inmates are non-Muslim. One non-Muslim lawyer even stated that it took him two years to get ten lawyers willing to help Guantanamo inmates. That's quite disturbing. As Muslims, it's our duty - not just Islamically - but also morally to help our brothers, after all, when a Muslim inmate in Guantanamo watches a copy of the Qur'an being thrown into the toilet by vicious prison guards, who can understand the stabbing pain in his heart more than a fellow Muslim? Who can offer him better consolation from hadith and Qur'an than his Brother in Islam?

I would urge people to go down the academic route to help the inmates, it will make more of a difference. Recently Bisher Al-Rawi (Iraqi national residing in the UK) was released after over 4 years in Guantanamo, his lawyer has worked on his case since 2004 and only met him 4 times in 3 years. Yet despite this, he secured Bisher's release. So it is possible to help our brothers. Anyone can make a difference, once you step out to help others with the best of intentions, Allah helps you acheive your goals. If we are well-informed, confident and fierce, no one can defeat us inshAllah. :SMILY346:

Peace :)

rastinny

I would urge people to go down the academic route to help the inmates, it will make more of a difference. Recently Bisher Al-Rawi (Iraqi national residing in the UK) was released after over 4 years in Guantanamo, his lawyer has worked on his case since 2004 and only met him 4 times in 3 years. Yet despite this, he secured Bisher's release. So it is possible to help our brothers. Anyone can make a difference, once you step out to help others with the best of intentions, Allah helps you acheive your goals. If we are well-informed, confident and fierce, no one can defeat us inshAllah.

Very well spoken. I am not a Muslim but Guantanamo bay is a grave violation of very basic Human rights. People from all nations shed blood to get these rights enshrined so that populations could be protected from Governments. These rights ligitimize democracy itself as without them Democracy would be nothing less than the 'Tyranny of the Majority'. Any government who treads them with such blatant disregard calls its own ligitimacy in question. Bush has proven to be on the same level of Sadam and Hitler.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Do petitions or call from people help? I dont think so. But atleast it helps to let the world know about real stories and facts. Just by raising voice or shouting mere slogans, US government will never shut down the terror camp.
Just as US put sanctions on other countries if they dont abide by US orders, we gotta put sanctions on US.

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
Every bit helps

As Salaam mu Alaykum Brothers and Sisters

I do suppose everyone has heard the expression " If one does not condem a crime one is party to it"

Yes we as individuals cant do much but, but united in our masses there is much we can do.

I have attended various rallys and protests and vigils of which very few of us participated here in Johannesburg South Africa but it still brought awareness, as our efforts were broadcasted to the middle east and the people over there appreciated it immensely.

So brothers and sisters no matter how small your efforts at helping with the middle east crisis, every bit of support helps and is much needed.:shymuslima1:

simpson

Asalamualaikum wr wb.my dearest muslim ummah, insyAllah.we as muslims ummah can unite , and ask, ask and seek help from Allah swt. dua for them, nothing is impossible,lets ask Allah swt for help,the one who give us life, and who sustains us for every moment of our lives. May Allah swt accept our prayers and doa. prayers and doa that can move ALLAH. lets have mercy on each other, and lets do goodness, lets stand and unite for unity, lets not wait. lets make our prayers and doa move Allah swt. i believe in miracles. Subhanallah Walhamdulillah Waalaailahailallah Waallahuakbar.

simpson

wasalam wr wb my dearest muslim ummah.

assalamu caleikum,

i have signed it as well, but is it really making a difference??
and what hypocrisy from the Western gouvenments talking abt human rights and Geneva onvention when it only suits their interests??!!!!!!! and what abt all these arabs 'muslim' countries, i mean what are they doing, when our brothers are detained INJUSTLY just because of La Illah Ila Allah!!!
But inshallah they will be the winners, inshallah

Wassalam
:tti_sister: Subhanallah. Allah swt is great ow that the creator of the universe is Allah and Allah swt is waiting for us to ask and seek help from Him. All we have to do is to unite and not only of goodness of heart, but of strength of mind. insyAllah. To Allah swt belongs all that is in the heaven and earth. To all do all matters return. "Therefore remember me, and i will remember you." surah baqarah 2: 152.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
:salam2: ,

Subhanallah, i just re-read the post that i posted, woow, i really sounded angry!!! I guess sometimes a good shout is good.

May Allah help these brothers and their families.

wassalam caleikum wr wb