Your experience of Islamophobia??

WannabeHijabi

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
:salam2:

I was on the other side of this once. I used to be an Islamophobe. I hated Muslims and Islam. I saw them as dog-hating uptight American-destroying suicide bombers who wanted me dead, and honestly, I can't say that I didn't feel the same to them either. I knew nothing of Islam, nor did I care too.

A lot of this was because I hated my own self for a long time, and I projected that self-hate into anger towards everyone else. I mocked and cursed Muslims and the Prophet, and I said many times that Allah was a false god.

I often think about that time, and it makes me ashamed sometimes. There have been times when I have prayed with tears in my eyes thinking about who I used to be and how I never want to be that man again. I am learning to let go of my anger and self-hatred, and it has not been an easy lesson to learn. Sometimes I still get down, and I wonder if I can ever be a better man.

This is an incredible story! Mashallah for your amazing turnaround.:ma:

WannabeHijabi

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
One that I always seem to get around here is that when people see the headscarf, they seem to think that because of this, I don't speak or read English at all. I've had a handful of people mistakenly come up to me speaking their language, which isn't a big deal, but I've also been told to 'go to school' and by one older man, that I should learn to speak English seeing as I'm in England. Several things make me laugh about this. One is that it's pretty obvious I'm white. Secondly, I have a degree and likely know several languages more than the people giving me the abuse, and lastly because I'm not actually fully English, but I'm part Welsh, and know how to speak a little of Welsh language.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
A positive note for this thread was my recent experience at a secondary school as a pre-service teacher. At the completion of the week, the Principal approached me and thanked me for my presence and contribution, but above all, she thanked me for being a Muslim woman (though she did have to correct her initial use of 'Islamic person') and being a part of her school. It was a very uplifting way to end a very overwhelming week.

Fatemeh_394

Wa Alaikumus Salaam sister Nichole,

May allah reward your sincerity in trying to implement the deen in all aspects of your life dear sister ameen.
Inshaallah sister allah keeps you and me guided and steadfast upon the deen.

If you could tell me your husbands proffession I will keep an eye out sister as I have friends in Dubai.

Jazakumallah khair
Why
Wa Alaikumus Salaam sister Nichole,

May allah reward your sincerity in trying to implement the deen in all aspects of your life dear sister ameen.
Inshaallah sister allah keeps you and me guided and steadfast upon the deen.

If you could tell me your husbands proffession I will keep an eye out sister as I have friends in Dubai.

Jazakumallah khair
Why did you choose the Daesh flag as your profile picture?? Are you a member of Daesh?