Your Local Mosque

Submitter

:salam2:

I thought it would be interesting to have a thread where we could share info about ours mosques - what it looks like, the services on offer, etc.

I've just got home from a very emotional night at my mosque today. Subhanallah there were so many brothers in tears tonight (27th night of Ramadan) asking Allah for forgiveness. Subhanallah we also finished the Qur'an in our tarawih salah today and I found myself in tears as the imam was reciting Surah Ikhlas. It was just so beautiful.

Anyway, while at the mosque I thought to myself I've never actually taken any pictures of the inside before because mashallah it is so beautiful. So I managed to take some today and I thought I would share them with you, brothers and sisters. Also included is a video of the inside of the mosque with everyone leaving.

http://www.mediamax.com/submitter/Links/DD287FA049

This is the link to the mosques website:

http://www.islamiccentre.org/

Mashallah it is a newly designed website and we are hoping to put lots of information on it in the near future, including, inshallah, a discussion forum for the local community. If you click "Multimedia" on the left you can watch a number of dars conducted by our imam (in Urdu).

I'll be spending the rest of tonight doing as much ibadat as I can, inshallah. May Allah forgive us for our sins and turn each and every one into a good deed. And May Allah save us from the torment of the Hereafter and grant us access to the highest heaven. Ameen.

:wasalam:

brighten

seeker of knowledge

Your effort is commendable. May Allah bless your heart and soul.
Take care.

wassalam

samiha

---------
Staff member

Very pretty mashallah.
Our city mosque isn't really permanent, but inshallah we've (well not me directly) been trying to get a more permanent establishment, even though the state and people here are not very helpful on such matters.
:redface:

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah

Very nice Mosque Submitter; I really like the details to the inside. =) Where exactly is it?

The Mosque I attend is called Al-Rashid; It was the first Mosque established in all of N. America, by a group of 4 dedicated sisters in the mid 80s (right about when I was born). In the basement is an Islamic junior school for the little ones, and there is also a large gym on the main floor. The interrior is quite plain compared to Submitter's - the walls are white with a few Islamic pictures / Quranic quotes here and there. The sisters pray upstairs in (so I'm told) more luxurious conditions. The brother's prayer hall is very large, and the carpet is simply done in lines (instead of individual "boxes" like Submitter's) facing Mecca.

There're lots of programms offered through various groups/individuals at the Mosque, from sports to councilling to teaching, volunteering, community outreach, and the Muslim community attending the Mosque itself are extremely involved and supportive of each other; It's a wonderful place for everyone. =)

Submitter

Very pretty mashallah.
Our city mosque isn't really permanent, but inshallah we've (well not me directly) been trying to get a more permanent establishment, even though the state and people here are not very helpful on such matters.
:redface:

We as Muslims need to continually strive to build as many mosques, islamic centres, madressas, etc, as possible, especially in western countries, so that our children and their children have Islam firmly engraved into their lives. Keep working on it sis. I guess we have a similar problem to you here in the UK, and it has not been made any easier after 9/11 and 7/7. But mashallah in just the city that I live in there are probably over 50 or more mosques of all shapes and sizes, which just goes to show the strength of Islam in the western world.

Very nice Mosque Submitter; I really like the details to the inside. =) Where exactly is it?

The Mosque I attend is called Al-Rashid; It was the first Mosque established in all of N. America, by a group of 4 dedicated sisters in the mid 80s (right about when I was born). In the basement is an Islamic junior school for the little ones, and there is also a large gym on the main floor. The interrior is quite plain compared to Submitter's - the walls are white with a few Islamic pictures / Quranic quotes here and there. The sisters pray upstairs in (so I'm told) more luxurious conditions. The brother's prayer hall is very large, and the carpet is simply done in lines (instead of individual "boxes" like Submitter's) facing Mecca.

There're lots of programms offered through various groups/individuals at the Mosque, from sports to councilling to teaching, volunteering, community outreach, and the Muslim community attending the Mosque itself are extremely involved and supportive of each other; It's a wonderful place for everyone. =)

The mosque is in a city called Leicester here in England. Mashallah your mosque provides many useful services. We too have a "youth centre" and a madressa for the kiddies (which I attended for 10 years). One thing we do not have is a gym though! The closest thing we have in the youth center is a sports hall. But mashallah you can see how mosques in the western world are now no longer just mosques. They are prayer halls, youth centres, lecture halls, libraries, etc. Alhumdulillah!

I managed to take a pic of the outside of our mosque at Friday prayers today :)

Image017(Small).jpg

The traffic on Fridays is a nightmare!