Your way to Islam !!!!!share your story

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
See brother Javed,
Allah test every individual. He test one person by giving him birth in rich family, and test another person by giving him birth in poor family. Similarly He tests one person by giving him birth in a Muslim family, and test another person by giving him birth in a non-Muslim family.

He balances it by totally forgiving all sins when a non-Muslim reverts to Islam, but when a Muslim "reverts" to Islam he/she still keeps a lot of baggage. Though a lot of sins are forgiven if one does repent (do Istaghfaar) whole heartedly. Hope you have found Islam again and InshaAllah will be one of the people of Jannah.
Ameen.
:wasalam:

sister mujahida

wow..these stories are really amazing, and truly touching
here in the uk we hav reverts, but they end up getting shut out by the community and personally i onyl knw one or two
its good deen is quite high in the states.
anyway sumtyms i wish i woz a revert, so i cud actually be more grateful
but even then, born into islam, u hav those moments wen ur empty and lonely
u havent touched th quran for years, prayed salah in months and even said the shahada for as long as u remember.
and then u realize that islam i wot u hav, but its missing from ur lyf
u hav the knowldge but never quite act upon it
http://www.lyrics007.com/Britney Spears Lyrics/Lucky Lyrics.html
heard lucky by britney spears
taubah taubah, music really
but the lyrics are really good
i heard a sheikh use it in a lecture so...lol
but its kinda how i felt wen i woz a teen
nuffin woz makin me happy or anything
on the outside, everyone thinks ur all happy and jolly
inside ur crumbled
anyway khair, better be off
ws

jennie19710

Salaam sister Shannonx on page 4 of this topic !, I went thru the same thing, I studied Islam for a few years, trying to read what I could, ask questions, yet feared what my family would think of me now that I wanted to revert.. that I live in a conservative area of town where Muslims are stared at, etc,.. I felt overall it's between me and Allah alone to make this decision, no matter what anyone else thought... I said my shahada at home alone in my room here,last summer of 2007.. I have yet to visit the local masjid, and find new Muslim friends locally.., InshaAllah.. and many thanks to all support and kindness from brothers and sisters here on the TTI forum of course !

HafeezImran

Mashallah

Mashallah..Reading your stories brings tears to my eyes. May Allah (SWT) keep you all steadfast on deen..May he shower his infinate mercy and blessings upon you all and grant you all the highest rank in Jannatul Firdous! Ameen...

Alhamdulillah i was born a muslim and having been bought up in a very Islamic environment i was blessed with access to some of the most inspirational Islamic scholars. By the will of the Almighty I memorised the Quran at a young age. Unfortunately the evils of society and being very weak I was drawn into a non islamic world.

Although I am very well versed in Islam I still cannot understand how I allowed satan to lead me astray, so seeing all of you finding Islam and falling in love with the way of life etc..makes me feel embarrased and ashamed.

What keeps me going is what the Allah said to Hazrat Musa (AS) when he ordered the ground to swallow Pharoah. I'm sure that you are all aware of the story when Hazrat Musa ordered the ground to swallow Pharoah, Pharoah begged Hazrat Musa for forgiveness numerous times. We all know that the ground swallowed him. Immediately after this Allah spoke to Hazrat Musa and said "Pharoah begged you for forgiveness over and over again..Had he asked ME for forgiveness just once...I would have forgiven him."

Allah is so merciful and kind..We can talk about his attributes and as stated in a Hadith.."If you were to use the sea as ink and start to note Allahs attributes, The water will run out before all the greatness of Allah is written.

I strongly believe that another main reason why Alhamdulillah the Almighty has protected me is due to my Mothers prayers..Bless her she recites 2 rakats of Salatul Hajaat after every prayer for me...This leads me to another saying of our beloved prohet Muhammed (SAW)..

It has been narrated by Hazrat Umar (RA) to the nearest meaning..
One day an Ethiopian man came to him and said the following.."I have carried my mum from Ethiopia to the Holy cities to perform pilgrimage for the last 7 years, carrying her on my back. O companion of the Prophet (SAW) tell me, Have I fulfilled my duties towards my mother?"
Hazrat Umar said that i have heard the prophet (SAW) say that no matter how much one does for their mother in their lifetime, One would not even be able to repay the first gasp of pain when the mother went into labour."

This shows us the importants of parents in Islam!

Apologies if I've gone on a bit...Once again thankyou all..Being on this site and reading all the posts has helped to strengthen my Imaan.

nur azmey

Burnt in Mecca

I was born as a Muslim just simply because my parents are Muslim. But, I really understand Islam after I was born 36 years later. And it was at Mecca.

Before I went to Mecca, I have a dream going there. And few months later, my brother in law sponsored me. Me myself before go to Mecca really a bad guy. Too bad to the extent I asked God what is my fate in Akhirat with all the sins I committed. I know the God is just (Adil) and I will get what I deserved to get for all my sins.

There were so many things happened to me. Felt burnt as if I was in hell when I was in the Mosque. Seeing stones and hills with a scary face as if I was so dirty. Even I was arrested by Kaabah police for touching women while I perform tawaf crying for my sins. And so many thing that I cant afford to share with you. There so many things hardly to tell here.

But I learnt many thing. Among others, as mentioned in Surah Al Hijri: 99, we will never the truth of Islam until we die. We are just required to submit ourselves, istiqamah, and obey the Din's rules and regulation. The rest is to tawakkal. That is what was said - to obey the God until you reach Al Yaqin - and Nabi SAW said - Al Yaqin is when you die.

About the different mazhab, tarekat and what ever group we have in this relegion, I learn something that it is not the group or ism or tarekat make you a good person, but whether you can be a good person, increased iman and takwa to God with that group. Thus I learned that the difference must be respected no matter how we do not agree with them. Why> Because ALlah says in Al Isra: 84 - each man has its own way of performing the ibadat, and only God knows who is the right one. We are not the God to determine and assure who is right or wrong.

To non Muslim I always say to them... I respect your religion and your belief ... and let the death be the definite answer whose wrong or right. Here we are to live together and respect each other. And truly Allah said - the non Mulsim will opened their eyes big because fear of death while those who belief have nothing to worry with the truth of Islam.

Anyway to new brothers, you are always better than me or who born Muslim because you like baby where all sins forgiven once converted to Islam. Not like us, since 15 years old we are so sinful and yet continue to be sinful.

ANyway, read the Quran and the translation as well every day without miss. There you will find the truth. Do not try to give opinion on what you read (because syaitan will teach you then) But try to understand and ask God to protect you from was-was.

Read the books of Hadith.

One more thing, no matter what you hear or you read on anything about Islam, the story of past people or ulama', just say "amantu billah wa rasulihi"

I belief in Allah and his Prophet SAW.

This is according to what Prophet says, when the Jews or nasrani comes and tell you stories about the past, do not deny them and do not belief straight away. Just say "amantu billah..."

Based on the true meaning of ayah 1000 Dinar (Surah Talaq 2-3) if the stroy is true, on the basis of takwa, it will kept well in your heart and make better you belief to Islam. And if it a lie, Alla will dismiss it away from you.

remember, in the grave the angle will ask us who is our brother and we will say Muslim and Muslimah. And we will not answer Shafie' Hambali, Syiah, Naqsabandi. When we say Muslim, we will not referring to what group they are belonging to. IN other words, Muslims are brother.

Wallahu a'lam.

nur azmey

Iayyya .. :astag: very very bad grammar. Sorry got no time to edit properly. It just come like rain. But it is time to go home now.

Wassalam and Selamat Hari Raya ( a wish in Bahasa Malaysia for aidil fitri in my country Malaysia)

Nichole

How I converted

Asalaamu Alaikum,

I converted to Islam about 2 1/2 years ago. I was raised Christian and was engaged for almost 5 years. I met a couple of Turkish Muslims through one of my friends and although they weren't practicing, knowing them might have been a contributing factor for my later conversion.

I was always interested in politics and I decided that I wanted to volunteer in Philistine for the ISM. In order to respect the religion and culture of the area I wanted to visit I started reading the Quran. The Quran seemed to answer all of the questions I had while reading the Bible.

Naturally, I became confused so one day at work, I prayed that God would guide me to the right path. If I was supposed to be a Christian, show me a sign. If I was supposed to be Muslim, show me a sign. I grabbed my purse and headed to my car and there was a Muslim lady standing next to my car looking for her keys in her purse. I thought, "this is strange." I approached her and we chatted. One the way home I stopped at the local mosque and found that there was only one woman there and she was a convert to Islam with the same name as mine! "Alright, I thought, enough signs." I didn't want to be someone who prayed for guidance and then rejected it. A'outhu billah. So I said my shahada then and there Alhumdulilah.

After my conversion, I went to my apartment that I shared with my fiance, grabbed some clothes, told him our haram relationship was over, gave him all of my possessions, all of my money in the bank, my furniture and my car so that I wasn't leaving him in a difficult position and I left.

My family no longer talks to me but Alhumdulilah, Allah saved me from the haram that I was doing and gave me much more precious things than what I gave up. :jumpclap:

abdellah007

Masha allah sister nichole. you left everthing in sake of Allah, insha allah Allah will reward you and grant you jannah . May allah bless you.

salam

jimcate

salam in Islam

dear brothers and sisters--I reverted to Islam last Jan 28th. Prior, I purchased a used Quran from a used book store and read it through. I happened upon The religion of Islam.com and they sent me 20 free books on Islam. I have been studying them all. Allah has brought me thru many trials of faith, for which I am thankful. I have found real peace and joy in my deen:salah::astag:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
wow, i always find it hard to describe myself or tell my life story, but I'm gonna give it a try. first off i am a 28 year old muslim revert. why use the word revert? well, it is common muslim belief that all human beings were born muslim, it is only due to outside influences that causes humanity to practice a religion outside of islam. therefore one can only return to this beautiful religion.

i reverted when i was 13 years old on january 14 1994. i faithfully practiced islam on every aspect for at least 4 years. however, i began to hang out with the wrong crowd. they weren’t the worst kids in the neighborhood, but they weren’t the best friends for a muslim to have. they were christians or so they claimed to be christians. i say this because many people say they are christian but do not practice the faith, the same goes for muslims too. one has to be a muslim in one’s heart not just in words.

anyway, there was this girl named jessica that i was crazy about, there was one problem though; she was catholic. she was the sweetest girl i ever met, even until today. i foolishly thought that converting to catholicism would bring me closer to her. so i ended up going through all the rites and rituals of the church only to find out that this girl wanted to be a nun. but i found myself preparing for the priesthood. life was okay for a while until i began to have problems with the other men in the seminary/brotherhood. it’s weird because i was becoming more of a sinner while i was catholic. we could drink, smoke, do all kinds of things and all we had to do was tell some guy that was doing the same thing and i was forgiven. actually, i became desensitized to sin, which i regret. so i left the church without ever explaining to my family and friends as to the reason why.

my mom had always been involved in the afro-cuban religion of santeria, and i always found it to be interesting. i don’t know how i entered that religion as fast as i did, but before i knew it i became a high priest. before i continue any further; i would like to say that there’s truth and reality in every religion, but that doesn’t mean that this particular religion is the truth ( santeria ) however i have seen and taken part of things that you would never believe. i believe that no religion besides islam will ever be accepted by god. i was searching, for something i had already found: islam. it’s is my honest feeling that i went through these religious phases because i was weak in my iman ( faith ) and Allah ( swt ) in his way was showing me this. showing me that islam was the religion for me, by showing me the falsehood of the other religions. this journey has helped me deepen my faith in him. i left santeria behind and let Allah swt guide me back to the right path. there is no more need to search anymore. alhamdullah !!

i would also like to add this: when the Danish newspaper JYLLANDS POSTEN, published disparaging images of the Prophet:saw: it reawakened my iman and brought back that the love i had for ALLAH SWT and his messenger. i knew the bad things depicted about him weren't true and it just inspired me to stand up for him. this was the catalyst that brought me back to my deen ultimately. it's funny because people tried to use those pics to insult us and in resulted in bringing people to islam and bringing people back to islam.

Islam is Peace

I was born Muslim Alhumdulillah
but my imaan was very low.
at the end of school last yr, i went through a bit of time, where i just stopped caring, for some reason i was stilling praying Alhumdulillah but i knew that i lost touch wid Allah swt. that i just stopped thinking about it, pryer became an habit, something dat i was just used to doing and i felt nothing at all wen i did it.
and i was hanging out wid guys and all that nonsense.
And then my mother, may Allah swt reward her, sent us to this program called "pearls of knowledge" which was basically all about Islam and just the general knowledge of it. And it was there dat i lerned the beauty of Hijab and the need of Islam. That was the begining of the road and Alhumdulillah, its been bumpy and im still learning, but Islam now means so much more to me then ever before.
im reading the stories of the reverts and i say SubhnAllah, you know, Allah swt so merciful. And sometimes i look at muslims who are born into Islam and its just shocking. May Allah swt guide us all and keep us on the right path. Ameen

arabian4islam

Asalaamu Alaikum,

I converted to Islam about 2 1/2 years ago. I was raised Christian and was engaged for almost 5 years. I met a couple of Turkish Muslims through one of my friends and although they weren't practicing, knowing them might have been a contributing factor for my later conversion.

I was always interested in politics and I decided that I wanted to volunteer in Philistine for the ISM. In order to respect the religion and culture of the area I wanted to visit I started reading the Quran. The Quran seemed to answer all of the questions I had while reading the Bible.

Naturally, I became confused so one day at work, I prayed that God would guide me to the right path. If I was supposed to be a Christian, show me a sign. If I was supposed to be Muslim, show me a sign. I grabbed my purse and headed to my car and there was a Muslim lady standing next to my car looking for her keys in her purse. I thought, "this is strange." I approached her and we chatted. One the way home I stopped at the local mosque and found that there was only one woman there and she was a convert to Islam with the same name as mine! "Alright, I thought, enough signs." I didn't want to be someone who prayed for guidance and then rejected it. A'outhu billah. So I said my shahada then and there Alhumdulilah.

After my conversion, I went to my apartment that I shared with my fiance, grabbed some clothes, told him our haram relationship was over, gave him all of my possessions, all of my money in the bank, my furniture and my car so that I wasn't leaving him in a difficult position and I left.

My family no longer talks to me but Alhumdulilah, Allah saved me from the haram that I was doing and gave me much more precious things than what I gave up. :jumpclap:

mashAllah u r welcome ..

i am very happy when i read your story

:tti_sister: dont forget to make Du3a for us

Fran

Well, it would only be polite to share too right? At first, I denied God's existence. The pastor at my baptist church in the past was not so good, so i was angry and denied everything. Then, my life got worst. Got pregnant, had to leave home, the guy i was with wasn't much help, my sister who lives on her own was asking me for money to pay bills although i wasn't working (which i believe was her roundabout way of saying leave) and i didn't have anywhere to go. Though, praise be to Allah, by brother is a muslim, though he wasn't in a position to help me, introduced me to the true God. I reverted in my time of need, and life has become so much beter. Everyday god shows me something new or through prayer i'm guided to better places. I'll never deny islam. EVER. Though my mom constantly tries to turn me to christianity.

There, not the best way to have met God (basically through need), but i got there and i'm really proud to be a muslim.