7 Common mistakes usually we make in prayers

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Asslamo Allaikum,

The story goes...

The guy decided to join his ankle to Shaykh Uthaymeen (RA)'s ankle in the Masjid of the Prophet (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) so he PUNCHED him on the Chest & said, "What are you doing"?

Try that, next time... :SMILY335:

:salam2:
Lol..
Akhi but i want serious answer...
the guy i prayed the other time wanted to join his toe or the front of the feet to mine...I let him do so...but he did it in a respectful way .

i need help...!!!..
Must u touch or get as close to the ankle....but not touch as in just to keep a straight line...

Help..!!!

Globalpeace

Banned
Foot Massage!

Asslamo Allaikum,

I know that I am going to get knocked down for petty humour but your post reminded me of "Pulp Fiction"!

Lol..
Akhi but i want serious answer...
the guy i prayed the other time wanted to join his toe or the front of the feet to mine...I let him do so...but he did it in a respectful way .

truesuccess

Proud to be a Muslim
Assalam Alaikum

Exactly, me too was being told the same...

When any brother next to me tries to join feet to feet,
the whole concentration of us goes to feet ( either feet are join or not ??? next Rakaah, now feet are join or not ??? )

i loose my concentration :salah:

Wassalam

Once I was praying Friday prayers in the mosque and the Some sisters told me to join feet to feet with other sisters so something like the satan can not come in between...(I don`t know if that makes sense,but thats the way i was told....:confused: )

:wasalam:

Globalpeace

Banned
Is joining Feet to Feet Sunnah (Men or Women)?

W-Salam,

According to the following Joining feet to feet (ankle to ankle or Toes to Toes) for men or women is NOT from the Sunnah!

1) Madhab of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA)
2) Madhab of Imam Shaf'ae (RA)
3) Madhab of Imam Malik (RA)
4) Madhab of Imam Ahmed Ibn Hanbal (RA)
5) Shaykh Uthameen (I have listed translation) but view original here:
http://www.altawhed.com/Detail.asp?InSectionID=1335&InNewsItemID=147570 Those who have not read the Fatwa; please go back to my post and double-triple read it again as he makes the issue very clear!
6) Hafiz Ibn Hajar Asqalani (RA): Ibn Hajr says (al-Fath, 2/273), “The intention behind that is to exaggerate in the issue so as to straighten the row and close its gaps
7) Sharh Sunan al-Nasa’i of Sheikh ‘Ali b. ‘Âdam al-Îtûbî(RA)
8) Sharh Sunan Abu Dawûd of Imâm Badr al-Dîn al-‘Ainî (RA)
9) Awn al Ma’bûd of al-‘Adhîmabâdî (RA)
10) Fath al-Bârî of Ibn Hajr (see number 5)
11) Badâ’i al-Sanâ’i of al-Kasâni (RA)
12)al-Muhalla of ibn Hazm (RA)
13) Bidâyat al-Mujthahid of Ibn Rushd (RA)
14) al-Mabsût of al-Sarakhsi (RA)

When the 4 Madhabs AGREE on an opinion, take it very seriously!

Assalam Alaikum

Exactly, me too was being told the same...

When any brother next to me tries to join feet to feet,
the whole concentration of us goes to feet ( either feet are join or not ??? next Rakaah, now feet are join or not ??? )

i loose my concentration :salah:

Wassalam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
W-Salam,

According to the following Joining feet to feet (ankle to ankle or Toes to Toes) for men or women is NOT from the Sunnah!

1) Madhab of Imam Abu Haneefa (RA)
2) Madhab of Imam Shaf'ae (RA)
3) Madhab of Imam Malik (RA)
4) Madhab of Imam Ahmed Ibn Hanbal (RA)
5) Shaykh Uthameen (I have listed translation) but view original here:
http://www.altawhed.com/Detail.asp?InSectionID=1335&InNewsItemID=147570 Those who have not read the Fatwa; please go back to my post and double-triple read it again as he makes the issue very clear!
6) Hafiz Ibn Hajar Asqalani (RA): Ibn Hajr says (al-Fath, 2/273), “The intention behind that is to exaggerate in the issue so as to straighten the row and close its gaps
7) Sharh Sunan al-Nasa’i of Sheikh ‘Ali b. ‘Âdam al-Îtûbî(RA)
8) Sharh Sunan Abu Dawûd of Imâm Badr al-Dîn al-‘Ainî (RA)
9) Awn al Ma’bûd of al-‘Adhîmabâdî (RA)
10) Fath al-Bârî of Ibn Hajr (see number 5)
11) Badâ’i al-Sanâ’i of al-Kasâni (RA)
12)al-Muhalla of ibn Hazm (RA)
13) Bidâyat al-Mujthahid of Ibn Rushd (RA)
14) al-Mabsût of al-Sarakhsi (RA)

JazakAllah khair..akhi

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!

Thats true!!:hijabi:

I hate it when someone walks infront of me while im praying:angryred: :angryred: :angryred: !!

Thanx for the reminder:hearts: !!!

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Jazaak Allaah khayr. Where did you learn this from?

May Allaah reward the Shaykh well. I never understood the position of joining for the start of the salaah only. But the Shaykh has put it all nicely in place!!!

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Jazaak Allaah khayr. Where did you learn this from?

May Allaah reward the Shaykh well. I never understood the position of joining for the start of the salaah only. But the Shaykh has put it all nicely in place!!!

What is shaykh Albanii 's view on this ??

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member

Thats true!!:hijabi:

I hate it when someone walks infront of me while im praying:angryred: :angryred: :angryred: !!

Thanx for the reminder:hearts: !!!

Subhaan Allaah, you just reminded me sister.

My local masjed is very near my house, the Imams and most of the attenders follow Hanafi fiqh. Many of the people are of Pakistani or Gujirati descent in my local masjed, there is also a good number of Algerians. Any way, one thing is known about the two former peoples (sadly), that is, they have a bad habbit (many of them) of walking infront of you whilst you are praying! When it happens, concentration get's blown out the window!

I have, alhamdulillaah, successfully pushed away and prevented many from passing, but there are the occasional who get through. The worst scenario is definitely when I was praying and a man was standing to my right, infront of me. His impatience drove him to turn right (my left) and march straight past me, too quick for me to even stretch my arm. What's worse is that earlier I'd made an indication to him not to do so, well I think I did as its a common practice for me.

Other cases you see some of the "senior" committee members doing the same thing, shrugging there shoulders when they realise that they're walking between a man and his sutrah. You often see the youth sprinting across, many failing with me, alhamdulillaah.

Anyway, the point is you see it way too often and no-one says nothing... until one day!

This one day, I prayed the salaah in congregation. As I walked into the main hall, I saw a man sitting out and he was behaving somewhat different. I could only assume that he wass from those who are excused from the prayer, since it appeared to me that he was mentally ill or disabled/handicapped. So I proceeded and prayed (with the jamaa`ah). Upon finishing I sat against the wall and I noticed the brother who sat out, walking towards me smiling. He then sat in the row behind me, right next to me and was trying to shake the hand of the brother to his left, who was in tashahhud. His condition then became clear to me. Then after he extended his hand out to me, so I smiled at him and gave him the greetings of salaams. Shortly after I got up to leave, shook his hand upon departing and then decided to pray my sunnah.

Just at the end of my sunnah prayer, in the last sitting I could see someone walking from the corner of my eye, approaching quickly. I gathered it was this same brother, and he was coming nearer to me. Just then it became clear that he was about to walk infront of me, and due to his mental condition, I thought I may cause my harm stopping him, and assumed that he has the ruling of a baby (toddler), that is they can pass infront of you, since they are not being called by a Shaytaan, or at least that's what I know. Either way, by then it was too late and he went straight past me.

You might be thinking now, ok so what's the deal? Why this story? Well the answer is that immediately after him crossing between my sutrah, I came to the tasleem, made tasleem and behold! The elder masjed committee members were shouting at him!!! Immediately I thought, never have I seen a single one of you advise, let alone shout at one who crosses the sutrah, an act which sadly occurs MANY A TIME in this masjed, yet now you are shouting at one who lacks the ability to comprehend? All I can remember after that is the brother making some noises as if he was scared and frightened, poor brother. I didn't want to stop him out of concern of the possible harm it could cause, since he could've had a physical disability, and there they are shouting, something which they never do before in such a situation.

So I kindly informed them of his condition, and they confirmed by saying he is mentally ill. They also said that they have to keep on reminding him, but come to think of it they need to remind themselves and the regulars before reminding a mentally ill brother lol.

Well, just an experience I thought I'd share!

Was-salaam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
What is shaykh Albanii 's view on this ??

I left his book on salaah at my other house. I know that Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan, in his Al-Mulakhkhas Al-Fiqhi criticised those young narrow-minded youth for praying with their feet so wide appear, there hands so high on the chest, such that they are actually upon their necks (so common), and for performing sujood as if they are lying down lol! I was like ALHAMDULILLAH, now I got some advice of an `aalim that I can give to those who pray like this.

I do have a whole (short) book on the issue, maybe his opinion is in there? Well I definintely plan to look into this issue further now that it has provoked discussion.

On another note, I believe the hadeeth you asked me about (in Sahih Bukhari) is the one cited in your long post. The others were to do with tightening the rows and straightening them.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Akhi , how abt coming early , and sit at the side or in front of a pillar...
maybe they wont pass...

JazakAllah for sharing ur experience....I think it will help me a bit...inshAllah...
Akhi share more if u have...

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Generally speaking, I was a regular front row mussali, it is as if I had a SPOT in that masjed. Then as I got busy and started coming home late from work and uni, I reached the masjed late so I have little choice upon arrival. However, I always try to protect my sutrah, that scenario described was... unique.

truesuccess

Proud to be a Muslim
Jazakallah brother

I have not read your previous post.

I read it, and i got my answer there

It does not mean that he should continue this joining and remain so for the whole salah.

This is what i was trying to say ..

Jazakallah brother.. :)

Wassalam

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
Listed below are the 7 Common mistakes usually we make in prayers

Mistake 1: Reciting Surat al-Fatiha fast without pausing after each verse.

fatiha.gif

The Prophet (SAW) used to pause after each verse of this surah. (Abu Dawood)

Mistake 2: Sticking the arms to the sides of the body, in rukoo' or sujood, and sticking the belly to the thighs in sujood.

sujood_wrong.jpg

Mistake 3: Gazing upward during prayer.

lower_gaze.jpg

Mistake 4 : Resting only the tip of the head on the floor during sujood.

sujood_head_wrong.jpg

Mistake 5 : Hasty performance of prayer which does not allow repose and calmness in rukoo' or sujood.

qayam_sujood_slowly.jpg

sujood_slowly.jpg

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: " The worst thief is the one who steals from his own prayer." People asked, 'Messenger of Allah! How could one steal from his own prayer?' He (SAW) said: "By not completing its rukoo' and sujood." (At Tabarani & al-Hakim).

Mistake 6 : Counting tasbeeh with the left hand

tasbeeh_finger_counting.jpg

Mistake 7 : Crossing in front of a praying person.

no_crossing.jpg

>>Click here to read in details <<

thanks a lot , for telling about all these mistakes .. may allah reward you ameen