___Advice neede asap__

lyra

Hello everyone,

I need some good advice about a friend of mine. We are friends since the start of uni (7months) and I dont wanna be rude but she is kinda annoying now. I dont like her childish behaviour and she is really insensitive. I suppose it's coz she is an only child and maybe doesnt know how to deal with others. I am keeping/trying to keep a distance at the moment and I feel bad about about it for some reason. Recently she asked me why I am so quiet next to her..and I made something up..somehow I couldnt tell her the truth because I dont want to hurt her.

I'll be really really helpful if you could give me some gd advice..coz i dont want to hurt her..

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum sister!

If you don't want to hurt her then don't break your friendship with her suddenly.

Do it gradually or be patient with her and lead her by example.

She will have to learn this sooner or later and who else can be better as an example than you?

Uni is a place of learning and hopefully she will lean something from you too. Even if it is little and gradual, it will surely make some positive changs in her.

Wassalam

Al Qassimi

Salam Aliekom,

I suggest being patient, but if things get too much for you then say the truth/

"Say what is True, Although it may be Bitter and Displeasing to People"; The saying of the Prophet Muhammad( Blessing and Peace be Upon him)

The truth will help her and help you.

W'Salam

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
in the end, you have to really look into yourself and see how you feel about this whole situation. as long as you feel that she's a burden on your shoulders...with all do respect..tell her straight up that she's getting annoying. and..its a friendship thats supposed to have meaning and not secrets u know...so break the news to her in a nice simple manner and inshallah she will take it easy.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:

Hello everyone,

I need some good advice about a friend of mine. We are friends since the start of uni (7months) and I dont wanna be rude but she is kinda annoying now. I dont like her childish behaviour and she is really insensitive. I suppose it's coz she is an only child and maybe doesnt know how to deal with others. I am keeping/trying to keep a distance at the moment and I feel bad about about it for some reason. Recently she asked me why I am so quiet next to her..and I made something up..somehow I couldnt tell her the truth because I dont want to hurt her.

I'll be really really helpful if you could give me some gd advice..coz i dont want to hurt her..

You feel bad about it because you're not the type of person to just shun someone else for your own peace of mind; Thats not a bad thing and I understand where you're coming from.

You're quiet next to practically everyone :) - even me most times, Its nothing personal its just the way you are, the person in question would be silly to take offence.

And being 19 isn't an excuse for her behaviour btw - i actually disagree with you, im 19 aswell and you wouldnt make that excuse for me if I started behaving like her :p, her bahaviour is childish, but her age isnt an excuse for it.

Telling her straight up would probably break her - and the truth does hurt, (I wont be the one doing the talking :D) but 7 months is a long time and if you cant be up front with her about it by now, then ..?

I dont think you should give up on her, she doesnt really have many others to be honest! and as Bawar said, hopefully you can lead by example.