A 12 yr's dad is an atheist & mom is Christian

BinteShafi

Left long ago
:salam2: brothers and sisters,

SubhanAllah this question on IslamQA amazed me.

A 12-year-old Muslim girl whose father is an atheist and her mother is Christian; they revile her Lord and her Prophet -- what should she do?
I am 12 years old and I live with an atheist father and a Christian mother. I embraced Islam recently, but my parents did not welcome my embracing Islam. Even worse than that: they stopped me from reading Qur'aan, going to Islamic websites, telling people that I am Muslim and meeting Muslims, whether on the Internet or in real life. They also prevent me from wearing modest clothing, and many other things. The reason for that is stupid and irrational Islamophobia. I have tried to show them what Islam really is, but nothing I say or do can change their minds.

In fact, they are now trying to show me how they despise Islam in all their words and deeds, such as making stupid jokes about terrorism and even reviling Allah and His Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) in the most offensive words.

The problem is getting worse, because as I am still young, I cannot do anything without my father's help. For example, there is no Islamic clothing available for sale here, because there are so few Muslims. Hence I have no choice but to buy hijab through the Internet, and I need to use their credit cards in order to make the purchase. I am also studying in a Christian school and I need their help to change schools, as I cannot do that myself. They do not let me leave the house on my own, hence I need them to take me to the mosque… and so on. Because they do not agree, this means that I am not able to follow the deen completely.

They also force me to do things that are contrary to Islam, such as going to the church, dancing, and wearing clothes that leave my arms, legs and head partially or completely naked.

I am worried about this situation, because the Qur'aan enjoins us to obey and to respect our parents and treat them kindly, but it does not show any compromise when it has to do with those who hate Islam. I do not know what to do. If I obey my parents, I will be doing a lot of things that are contrary to Islam. If I respect them, I will be respecting people who do not respect me as a Muslim, and I will be leaving them to say those terrible things about Islam. But if I do not obey them and respect them, then I will be doing something terrible from an Islamic point of view. I believe that both actions are wrong. What should I do? May Allah bless you.

see snswer

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/136360

:wasalam:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum!

aww how sad:( may Allah make it easy for her. it's really a sad way to live:(

may Allah reward you for sharing.
suggestion: lets all keep this sister in our duas. She really needs them right now. We might not have met her, or know anything about her except that which we have read here, but because she is a believer! and we're obliged to help other believers in whatever way we can. right not making dua for her seems the BEST we can do. So inshaAllah keep her in your duas always!

just a humble suggestion......

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Jazaki Allahu khayra for reading and suggestion ukhti. May Allah make life easy for her Ameen.

Allahumma Ameen to the Sheikh's (following) dua her.

We ask Allah, the Most High and All Powerful, to make you steadfast in following guidance and to grant you well being both spiritual and physical; we ask Him to guide your parents to Islam and to give you the joy of seeing them as righteous believers in this world and in the Hereafter.
May Allah make us to learn from her and make us all steadfast and patient in our deen.

:wasalam:

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Asslam'u alykum,

Quite difficult situation, but indeed Allah doesn't burden us more than our capacity. May Allah make her life easier for her in time to come.

Jazak Allah khyran for sharing with us, behna. Indeed some of the points in the sheikhs' reply are very beneficial.

Wa'salaam