A Christian being guided toward Islam

BeingGuided

When I was 21, I hated God.I used to say "I've been homeless, I've been abused, abandoned, and I will not worship a god who never answered me through that." That's when my life forever changed.

I sat outside my house one night, and literally had my life flash before my eyes, however, I saw it from a different perspective. I saw all those rough times, but then I saw where God was: he was with those friends who took me in. He was there when I found a job, he was with me and my daughter in that hospital room when we were alone, without any family to turn to. It was him saying "I never left you"

I cried and submitted myself to him in that moment, the most precious of my life. Knowing nothing else to do, I turned to the church. I've been a "member" for about 7 years, but find my joy in reading the Bible when alone. By doing so, I've developed an independent view from the dogma of my church.

That's when I met Duston, a Muslim who has become like a brother to me. We agreed at first to never discuss religion, but I had a few questions. Through his answers, I was shocked to learn his beliefs and mine are eerily similar. Our only conflict is the Trinity.

Recently, I prayed for guidance: what I was given was tesbih and a prayer from a completely unexpected source, a lesson on Islam from a doctor (i'm a nurse), and a confession from my best friend that she has also considered converting to Islam.

And here I am. I'm here to absorb, to learn, discern, and decide.

Peace be with you all
Megan

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Hi Megan,

And to you... Thank you for sharing your experience/journey with us to intro yourself to our forums. We hope that you can continue your journey with your time here. Feel free to ask questions and discuss!

P.S. Sorry for the delay in approving your post. It's unusual for a first post like this not to come through straight away.!

Mairo

Maryama
Warm welcome to you, hope you will benefit from the forum. Thanks for sharing your story. It is always good to encounter other sincere believers. I also followed a varied path from atheist through Christianity and ultimately to Islam. Islam is the most wonderful religion. It is the best for coming to a comprehensive understanding of the Creator, knowledge of our own selves and the purpose of life. Hope you will continue to be inspired to learn, keeping an open mind and open heart. Have you read any of the Quran yet? If not i highly recommend it.

"and Allah (God) invites to the abode of peace and guides whom he pleases into the right path." 10:25

Best wishes to you.

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Hi sister in humanity,
Welcome to TTI, I hope you will enjoy your stay here. In here there are wonderful people from different nationality (I being Kenyan) bond together as family under the banner of Islam.

May peace of Allah be unto those who follow His Guidance.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
When I was 21, I hated God.I used to say "I've been homeless, I've been abused, abandoned, and I will not worship a god who never answered me through that." That's when my life forever changed.

I sat outside my house one night, and literally had my life flash before my eyes, however, I saw it from a different perspective. I saw all those rough times, but then I saw where God was: he was with those friends who took me in. He was there when I found a job, he was with me and my daughter in that hospital room when we were alone, without any family to turn to. It was him saying "I never left you"

I cried and submitted myself to him in that moment, the most precious of my life. Knowing nothing else to do, I turned to the church. I've been a "member" for about 7 years, but find my joy in reading the Bible when alone. By doing so, I've developed an independent view from the dogma of my church.

That's when I met Duston, a Muslim who has become like a brother to me. We agreed at first to never discuss religion, but I had a few questions. Through his answers, I was shocked to learn his beliefs and mine are eerily similar. Our only conflict is the Trinity.

Recently, I prayed for guidance: what I was given was tesbih and a prayer from a completely unexpected source, a lesson on Islam from a doctor (i'm a nurse), and a confession from my best friend that she has also considered converting to Islam.

And here I am. I'm here to absorb, to learn, discern, and decide.

Peace be with you all
Megan

Hello Megan and with you be peace,
Welcome to this website,I hope it will help you in clearing some doubts and insha'Allah(God willing) will be instrumental in helping you find the straight path.
I am glad you decided to open the doors and look for the evidences,rather leaving the doors shut,many people have lost themselves on this account.
Islam is based totally on human nature and Qur'an asks people to reflect,think,ponder and contemplate on things around them and within them.
Keep praying for guidance.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask insha'Allah brothers and sisters here will be more than happy to help insha'Allah.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Wish you peace and blessings

Welcome here, i am very happy for you, listen to your heart and may Allah guide you.
Have patience with your self, patience it is one of the teachings of islam, step by step learning islam you discover that is a clean and beautifull path.
May Allah help you to guide your daughter.

50:16-quran
And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than [his] jugular vein.
50:43-quran
Indeed, it is We who give life and cause death, and to Us is the destination.

:salam2:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Hey *Smile*

Pleased to have you with us. Welcome to TTI. Inshaa'Allaah (Allaah's willing) the brothers and sisters at TTI will help you find the truth and contention for you.

Enjoy your stay and thanks for you story.

a_stranger

:salah:

You are most welcome dear, Islam is our natural true fitra ( inner essance) . May Allah subhanahu wa taaala brighten your heart with his love.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Hi, Welcome. :)

Allah (swt) says:
......and you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, "We are Christians." That is because among them are priests and monks and because they are not arrogant. [Quran 5:82]

And you will find that many of our prominent Scholars and Writers come from Christianity.For example, Prof. Jerald Dirks who is PhD in divinity from havard university and worked in christian ministry, Yousuf Estes who was a preacher , Abur Raheem Green (formally antony green), yousuf chambers,etc.

Regrading Trinity, It says Jesus (pbuh) was God, But Bible says He prayed to God.

But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. [Luke 5:16]

And he prayed like we do. See compare:
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.” [Matthew 26:39]

With: http://www.turntoislam.com/index.php?page=pray5 (Step no. 8)

Jesus (pbuh) according to Bible said:
"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. [Mark 12:29]

I request you to Please read this beautiful Book written by a former Christian: My Great Love for Jesus Led Me to Islam

May Allah (swt) guide you. :)

Anam Ahmed

A new believer is a blessing from Allah himself.And it also grows the strength of number and Faith of the Muslims.A warm welcome from all of us (The Muslims)!.If you are having any questions,I am positive that all of the brothers and sisters in this website and beyond will be more than happy to help you.