a doubt

assalam mulaikum.. how r u brothers n sisters... RAMADAN MABRUK..
HEY IN THIS BLESSED MONTH OF RAMADAN I ALL DA TIME KEEP GETTING THIS DOUBT....... ALLAH HAS SAID DAT HE HAS LOCKED ALL DA DEMINS OF THIS WORLD.. BUT STILL WE SOME TIMES GET BAD THOGUGHTS LIKE SCOLDING OR DOING SOMETHING NOT GOOD.. WHY IS THIS SO ...............

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamaualaikum - I was thinking the same thing and I came across this :)

Where does Waswaas( bad thoughts) come from in Ramadaan
If bad dreams are from the Shayateen, but the Shayateen are chained during Ramadhan, then how is it that we have bad dreams during Ramadhan?

Praise be to Allaah.

Not all shayateen are chained. Only the leaders or the strong ones are chained, which means they could not do in Ramadan the things they used to do throughout the year. Let it also be known to you that alqareen, who is the resident shaytan, never leaves you no matter where you go. Also there is the evil within every one of us. Therefor, all of these factors promote the evil which we see during Ramadan, yet it is certainly less than outside Ramadan.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/7848/ramadan

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
hahaha dont worry about it I had that question floating around in my head also and you just reminded me :D so thnx to u

Safiyah_

I asked the same question. This is the answer they gave me:

PART ONE:

In the Name of Allah, The All Merciful, The Most Merciful.

Rasulullah SAW said, "…And the gates of Heaven will be open in this month and the gates of Hell will be closed. And the devils will be chained." [Musnad Ahmad]

According to this Hadith, we come to know that one of the greatest blessings of the month of Ramadan is that Shaitan will be chained. He will not be able to lead us astray in this blessed month. So, the common question arises: If Shaitan is chained and unable to influence us, then how do we still commit sins in Ramadan?

Let us analyze this Hadith insha'Allah. When Rasulullah SAW says that the devils will be chained, it does not mean that the devils will be slain. If we come across a lion, there is a high chance that the lion will chase us, and we will be killed. But if the lion is chained, then we are safe from it. Yet, if we go too close to the lion, there is still a high chance that we will be killed even if he is chained. So, we are only safe from the lion if we maintain a safe distance.

In the Qur'an, Allah does not tell us to just simply not listen to the Shaitan. But Allah always says to the believers to be careful of the footsteps of the Shaitan. If the Devil comes in front of us to lead us astray, surely we will be very cautious. However, the method Shaitan uses to lure the believers into wrongdoings is that he leads us to a trap by making his footsteps tempting. For example, fornication outside of marriage is not the footsteps of the Shaitan because believers will always be careful of that sin. Rather, exchanging phone numbers and intermingling are the footsteps of the Shaitan that can eventually take us to the trap of fornication.

Brothers and sisters in Islam, we must always be cautious of the footsteps of the Shaitan. In Ramadan, Shaitan will not be able to come to us and lead us astray Alhamdulillah. But if we still choose to follow the footsteps of the Shaitan straight into his grasp, even when he is chained like the dangerous lion, Shaitan will definitely be able to control us even in Ramadan. But if we fast and stay away from his footsteps, we will find that it is much easier to stay away from evil deeds.

"O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing."
[An-Noor (Light) 24:21]

PART TWO:

In the Name of Allah, The All Merciful, The Most Merciful

Rasulullah SAW said, "…And the gates of Heaven will be open in this month and the gates of Hell will be closed. And the devils will be chained." [Musnad Ahmad]

The last time, we looked at one of the reasons why Muslims continue to sin in Ramadan even though Shaitan is chained. It was noted that, although Shaitan is chained in Ramadan, if we follow his footsteps (small acts leading to any sin), Shaitan will still have control over us. This time we should look at another reason why Muslims continue to commit sins in Ramadan.

One important detail we should realize is that if the Devil is chained in Ramadan, he is still free the other eleven months. If we indulge in distasteful behavior in those eleven months, the impact Shaitan has on our hearts leaves an imprint in the month of Ramadan.

We should look at drug dealers as a comparison. In most cases, drug dealers go out of their way to find large numbers of youngsters. In the beginning, the dealers distribute drugs to the youngsters absolutely free of charge. Later, the drug dealers charge a nominal fee, and they increase the intensity of the drugs. After more time passes, the dealers start to charge a very high fee, and they distribute even stronger drugs to the youngsters. But by this time, the youngsters have become addicted to the drugs. So even if the dealer is imprisoned, the youngsters will either go looking for him, or they will find another supplier to satisfy their evil addiction.

Brothers and sisters, although Shaitan is chained in Ramadan, if we follow his footsteps and become addicts of his evil ways in the other eleven months, we will continue to commit the same sins in Ramadan. It is as if we go looking for the supplier of our evil habits, the Shaitan, even though he is imprisoned by Allah. The cure from this addiction is fasting with the sincere intention of pleasing Allah SWT. After all, Ramadan is a mercy for all of mankind. Alhamdu lillahi Rabbi Al Alamin.

IslamicGirl24

assalam mulaikum.. how r u brothers n sisters... RAMADAN MABRUK..
HEY IN THIS BLESSED MONTH OF RAMADAN I ALL DA TIME KEEP GETTING THIS DOUBT....... ALLAH HAS SAID DAT HE HAS LOCKED ALL DA DEMINS OF THIS WORLD.. BUT STILL WE SOME TIMES GET BAD THOGUGHTS LIKE SCOLDING OR DOING SOMETHING NOT GOOD.. WHY IS THIS SO ...............

Wa alaykumus salam.
Even if the shayateen have been chained.... you still have your nafs right?? The bad thoughts that you sometimes have are due to your nafs. When we fight against this nafs, we are actually doing "Jihad un nafs" (fighting the inner self or ego).. which is the biggest Jihad.

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

1) The hadith only speaks about the shayateen (evil ones/devils) from among the jinn that are independent of humans, such as Iblis (may Allah curse them).

2) Every human has a constant companion from among the jinn.

The Qareen:

Every human has a jinn companion throughout his or her life, which is called the qareen. The qareen is different from other jinn, because it specifically stays with its human host throughout the life of the human, by shadowing the person. The qareen engages in every activity along with the human. For example, when the human counterpart eats, his qareen will also engage in the activity. The man has a male qareen and the woman has a female companion. This life involves man being tested by Allah (The Exalted). The qareen is evil (a shaytaan) and whispers for man to commit sins and disobey Allah. Therefore, it is part of the trial in this life that every individual must overcome and not engage in the evil temptations of his constant companion. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) also had a qareen, but Allah made him become a Muslim:

Ibn Mas’ood said:
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “There is not one of you who does not have a jinn appointed to be his constant companion.” They said, ‘And you too, O Messenger of Allah?’ He said, “Me too, but Allah has helped me and he has submitted, so that he only helps me to do good.”
[Muslim no. 2814]

The Believer suppresses his qareen by obeying Allah and adhering to His religion, until the qareen becomes weak and unable to stop the Believer from doing good, except what Allah Wills. The sinner, by his disobedience and evil actions, gives his shaytaan (evil jinn companion) the strength to encourage him to do evil and discourage him from doing good. The Believer has to fear Allah and strive against his qareen, by obeying Allah and His Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him). It is wisdom and insight in a Believer to realize that the qareen of other individuals may succeed in causing that person to falter at any moment. Therefore, the Muslim should not place himself or his children in a vulnerable position, alone with other individuals, in such a position, which may lead to being harmed. After the human counterpart dies, it is possible for the qareen to still live on, considering that jinns naturally live longer than humans. The Muslim should be aware of his constant companion as much as possible and resist his sinful temptations.

And Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) Knows Best.