A little doubtful..

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam everyone,

A few days ago, I purchased a bottle of Lux bodywash that has gelatin in it. I used some of it unknowingly and now I am a little confused on whether it is necessary for me to use soil (I don't know how to describe but you use it when you come in contact with pigs etc) to wash it off?

Wasalaam

pcozzy

Salaam everyone,

A few days ago, I purchased a bottle of Lux bodywash that has gelatin in it. I used some of it unknowingly and now I am a little confused on whether it is necessary for me to use soil (I don't know how to describe but you use it when you come in contact with pigs etc) to wash it off?

Wasalaam

This gelatine can be from many animals, what I suggest is to call the company they will tell u if it is from a known animal or an unknown animal. If it is unknown, most likely it is from pork since the pig is loaded with fat which gelatin is from.

I get frustrated myself sometimes. especially with the enzymes.

:wasalam:

ummi h

i know what you mean, i would like to find out too.

i mean there's a lot of people who say your not consuming it like food, either way whether im eating it or not or washing with it i would love to know.

Asha88

Ghurabaa
This gelatine can be from many animals, what I suggest is to call the company they will tell u if it is from a known animal or an unknown animal. If it is unknown, most likely it is from pork since the pig is loaded with fat which gelatin is from.

I get frustrated myself sometimes. especially with the enzymes.

Salaam Brother,

So if it's pig fats, do I have to use soil to cleanse myself since it is in contact with my skin?

runayrus

Yearning Slave
Salam to all

Salaam everyone,

Wasalaam

Salam sis,

I think what you were trying to describe is call dibagh.(method of washing and ritual cleansing)

And touching upon this issue, I feel that if you have feelings of was-wasah, why dont you just perform dibagh to safeguard yourself and maybe issue a warning to fellow Muslims?

The best is to buy products from Malaysia I feel for they are clear with their halal-ness of things.

Just my two cents worth

Salam,
Sister Nur

runayrus

Yearning Slave
Salam

I found something that might be useful from http://www.afic.com.au/Halal.htm

Najs (Unclean)

Najs according to Shariah Law are;

* things that are themselves not permisable such as pig (khinzir) and all its derivatives, blood and carrion;

* halal food that is contiminated with things that are non-halal;

* halal food that comes into direct with things that are non-halal;

* any liquid and objects discharged from the orifices of human beings or animals such as urine, excrement, blood, vomit, pus, sperm and ova of pigs and dogs except sperm and ova of other animals; and

* carrion or halal animals that are not slaughtered according to Shariah Law.

Hope this helps

pcozzy

Salaam Brother,

So if it's pig fats, do I have to use soil to cleanse myself since it is in contact with my skin?

There is none other than just washing with soap I guess to remove the remains completely. Note: I am adding soap, however, we know by the rasool PBUH that he used just water to clean the filthiest thing which is Urine.

I got this from QA

Praise be to Allaah.

Pork is haraam and it is not permissible to eat it, whether it is the meat, fat or any other part, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):​

“Forbidden to you (for food) are: Al-Maitah (the dead animals — cattle — beast not slaughtered), blood, the flesh of swine[al-Maa’idah 5:3]​

The Muslims are agreed that all parts of the pig are haraam. Allaah has forbidden it because of the harmful things it contains and because it is impure, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):​

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘I find not in that which has been revealed to me anything forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be Maitah (a dead animal) or blood poured forth (by slaughtering or the like), or the flesh of swine (pork); for that surely, is impure…”[al-An’aam 6:145]

Its meat is a disease, and the more people advance in knowledge, the more new diseases they discover, because of pork consumption.

Muslims should keep away from places where this filthy meat is eaten so that they will not eat anything of it without realizing.

With regard to washing plates, it is sufficient to wash them well with whatever will get rid of the filth of this meat.

Because the correct view is that the impurity caused by pork is like any other impurity; there is no need to wash it seven times, one of which should be with earth.

See al-Sharh al-Mumti’ by Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 1/356. And Allaah knows best.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/10528/pork

And lastly, remember in Islam intention is very important, so when we make wudoo it starts with intention. So set your intention as well.

Asha88

Ghurabaa
I found something that might be useful from http://www.afic.com.au/Halal.htm

Najs (Unclean)

Najs according to Shariah Law are;

* things that are themselves not permisable such as pig (khinzir) and all its derivatives, blood and carrion;

* halal food that is contiminated with things that are non-halal;

* halal food that comes into direct with things that are non-halal;

* any liquid and objects discharged from the orifices of human beings or animals such as urine, excrement, blood, vomit, pus, sperm and ova of pigs and dogs except sperm and ova of other animals; and

* carrion or halal animals that are not slaughtered according to Shariah Law.

Hope this helps

Salaam Sis,

Thanks for that. However, with regards to the bolded sentence, would the same apply if for example I come in contact with chocolates that have gelatin/pork in it?

I'm so confused.. so sorry :(

Asha88

Ghurabaa
There is none other than just washing with soap I guess to remove the remains completely. Note: I am adding soap, however, we know by the rasool PBUH that he used just water to clean the filthiest thing which is Urine.

I got this from QA

Praise be to Allaah.

Pork is haraam and it is not permissible to eat it, whether it is the meat, fat or any other part, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):​

“Forbidden to you (for food) are: Al-Maitah (the dead animals — cattle — beast not slaughtered), blood, the flesh of swine[al-Maa’idah 5:3]​

The Muslims are agreed that all parts of the pig are haraam. Allaah has forbidden it because of the harmful things it contains and because it is impure, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):​

“Say (O Muhammad): ‘I find not in that which has been revealed to me anything forbidden to be eaten by one who wishes to eat it, unless it be Maitah (a dead animal) or blood poured forth (by slaughtering or the like), or the flesh of swine (pork); for that surely, is impure…”[al-An’aam 6:145]

Its meat is a disease, and the more people advance in knowledge, the more new diseases they discover, because of pork consumption.

Muslims should keep away from places where this filthy meat is eaten so that they will not eat anything of it without realizing.

With regard to washing plates, it is sufficient to wash them well with whatever will get rid of the filth of this meat.

Because the correct view is that the impurity caused by pork is like any other impurity; there is no need to wash it seven times, one of which should be with earth.

See al-Sharh al-Mumti’ by Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 1/356. And Allaah knows best.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/10528/pork

And lastly, remember in Islam intention is very important, so when we make wudoo it starts with intention. So set your intention as well.

Salaam Brother pcozzy,

Thank you for that! That means it is not necessary for me to wash it seven times then? I thought we have to wash ourselves with earth when we come in contact with pork?