A new seeker

Lonnie

I am new here. I am a non Muslim at this time, but always seeking knowledge and truth. I have recently begun to read about Islam on various Islamic websites. I decided to read and learn about Islam because in my country and culture we hear so much negative talk about Islam and I wanted to learn about it to see what is really is and says.
So a couple of weeks ago I began reading and learning. Having just barely begun my education about Islam I have been profoundly effected in a most positive way. What I have read thus far is very beautiful and has had an impact on me that was totally unexpected by me. As I stated a very profoundly positive effect to the point I feel it intellectually, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
My wife has begun to read about Islam also and she has liked what she has read and learned thus far.
We will continue to read and learn about Islam. I can't say, at this time, that I or my wife will convert to Islam, but I know that it has somehow had an effect on me like nothing I have ever experienced before.
I do know that I hope my wife and I can explore this together as I see it such a positive for marriage and relationship between husband and wife.

PeArLL

-Quiet Member-
I am new here. I am a non Muslim at this time, but always seeking knowledge and truth. I have recently begun to read about Islam on various Islamic websites. I decided to read and learn about Islam because in my country and culture we hear so much negative talk about Islam and I wanted to learn about it to see what is really is and says.
So a couple of weeks ago I began reading and learning. Having just barely begun my education about Islam I have been profoundly effected in a most positive way. What I have read thus far is very beautiful and has had an impact on me that was totally unexpected by me. As I stated a very profoundly positive effect to the point I feel it intellectually, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
My wife has begun to read about Islam also and she has liked what she has read and learned thus far.
We will continue to read and learn about Islam. I can't say, at this time, that I or my wife will convert to Islam, but I know that it has somehow had an effect on me like nothing I have ever experienced before.
I do know that I hope my wife and I can explore this together as I see it such a positive for marriage and relationship between husband and wife.

Asalamualykum Brother...
Welcome to this wonderful site...
I am pleased to hear that gaining knowledge about Islam has had a positive impact on you and your wife... Nowadays, there are many negative things going around in the world about Islam.. which are completely false.. Islam is about Peace... Islam says to worship the one and only God, ALLAH... and follow the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Mohammed(PBUH)... This world is only temporary, because one day we all have to go back to ALLAH.. ALLAH sent us all in this world to only worship Him... ALLAH is always with us and He is the only One who gives guidance to us... The fact that I'm typing this at the moment is a blessing from ALLAH that He has given me the opportunity to live at this moment... If ALLAH had willed, I would have been dead.. ALLAH is the Only One who Gives us life and death... Not even a leaf moves but by His Will.... MASHALLAH Brother.. ALLAH has given you a great chance.. explore this beautiful religion Islam.. And I hope that one day you and your wife become Muslims.. INSHALLAH...

This would be helpful: http://www.islamicfinder.org/

MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU BOTH AND GUIDE BOTH OF YOU TO THE RIGHT PATH... AMEEN :)

Shak78

:salam2:

Welcome to TTI! Feel free to ask questions and we will do our best to help. May Allah guide you and your wife to Islam.

canab1973

Brother I would like to welcome you and your wife to the forum. It is a good idea that you first learn and understand Islam. This website is a great source with brothers and sisters who are knowledgeable about Islam. We are more than happy to help you and clarify any questions you may have.
I would like to share with you and your family a lecture by our brother Abu Hafsah Clare. I hope this video will be engaging and I hope that you will gain more knowledge about Islam from it.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytFXntkj9uI&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Sister Zohra

Assalamu Alaikum,

Thank you for your positive post. Insha'Allah the more you learn, the more you will love Islam. Welcome to the site and may Allah guide you to the straight path.

Today has been a good day...
Alhamdulillah.

al-hamdulilaah

Greetings, Welcome to the forum.

Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism) and he is a Muhsin (good-doer i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allah's sake only without any show off or to gain praise or fame,etc., and in accordance with the Sunnah of Allah's Messenger Muhammad Peace be upon him ) then his reward is with his Lord (Allah),
on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow) Ayah 112

And who can be better in religion than one who submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism);and he is a Muhsin (a good-doer - see V.2:112). And follows the religion of Ibrahim (Abraham) Hanifa (Islamic Monotheism - to worship none but Allah Alone). Surah An-Nisa' (The Women) surah no.4 :ayah 125

And whoever submits his face to Allah while he is a doer of good - then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold.
And to Allah will be the outcome of [all] matters.Surat Luqmān 31 ayah 22

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path.
Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow), Ayah 256

a_stranger

You are most welcome brother, Islam is the final message from our creator to humanity to bind hearts of people by faith love trust gratitude towards the one creator of all. Islam teaches sincerity, purity, brotherhood.......all that make life on earth beautiful and guide to a better life after death.

strive-may-i

Hello Welcome here.

Yes this way of life, indeed does make life here feel more fulfilling, purposeful and peaceful... And I hope to strive enough to make my life hereafter safe! Read, learn, ask, discuss... dont hesitate

Here is something for you both:

Prophet :saw: said
Narrated Abu Hurairah: Allah’s Messenger said, “Richness is not in plenty of provisions; the (real) richness is the richness of the soul.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

“The world and all things in it are valuable; but the most valuable thing in the world is a virtuous(morally excellent) woman”

“The most perfect of the believers in faith is he who is the best of them in conduct, and the best of you are those who are the best to their wives."(Tirmidhi)

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Don't delay.

:salam2:
To my family in Islam.

Hi there!
Hello :)
Welcome to TTI .
So glad and happy to have you here with us.

:bismillah:
In the name of Allah swt , the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.

Competition in [worldly] increase diverts you 102:1
Right until you enter the grave .102:2
Hope not until then,that will regret your doing for the time you waste.103:3
Again, you will come to know. 102:4
No! If you only knew with knowledge of certainty 102:5
You will surely see the Hellfire 102:6
Then you will surely really see it with the eye that like now 102:7
then you will be asked on that day of your spend but on pleasure on earth (which you are proud and forget the final day ). 102:8

Holy Al qur'an Surah At-Takathur:102:01-08
Surat At-Takāthur (The Rivalry in world increase)

Hope you and your loved ones
won't be taking toooo long to decide.

Amazing Henry embraces Islam at young age~Masha'allah!
[yt]taEUiUR3vOs[/yt]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taEUiUR3vOs[/ame]

Take care,
~Wassalam :)