A Popular Fabricated Hadith *Important!*

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

The following *wording* of the hadith below...

"Al-Jannah (paradise) is beneath the feet of mothers, they admit (into it) whom they will, and they expel (from it) whom they will"

Is *fabricated*...

Shaikh Al-Islam Al-Albani (ra) categorized this wording as *fabricated* from his "Silsila Dhaee'efa" (Weak Chain) of hadith research..

He (ra) said regarding it:

"I am not aware of such wording, it is fabricated" [Ahadeeth Al-Qasaas, #70]...

He also said...

"It (i.e. the wording) is cited by Ibn Uday, and Al-Uqayliy in their weak [hadith collections], and Al-Uqayliy stated that it is munkar (disclaimed/denied). It was also cited by Abu Bakr Ash-Shafie'ey in Al-Rubae'eyaat, Abu Al-Shaikh in Al-Fawae'ed, Al-Qadhae'ey, and Ad-Doolabiy as a fabrication"

Shaikh Al-Islam further added...

"It is better replaced by the authentic narration from Mua'awiya bin Jaahima in which he narrated that...

'He came to Rasulullah (saaws) and said to him 'O' Messenger of Allah I want to fight, and I have come to consult you. He (saaws) said, 'do you have a mother?' and he (i.e. Jaahima) said 'yes' and Rasulullah (saaws) said "stay with her for paradise is beneath her feet' [cited by An-Nisaae'ee 3104, Ahmad 3/429, and Shakir 15475, At-Tabaaraniy in Al-Mo'ojam Al-Kabeer 2/2202 with a hasan (good) classification, Al-Haakim classified it as Sahih (authentic), Ath-Thahabiyy agreed with him, and so did Al-Munthiriy]"

Shaikh Al-Islam also cited the hadith from Sahih Ibn Majah in which the following narration from Mua'awiya Ibn Jaahima is cited...

"I came to The Messenger of Allah (saaws) and I said to him, "I want to come to Jihad with you seeking through it Allah's reward and the akhirah. He (saaws) said, 'is your mother alive?' and I said 'yes' and he (saaws) said, 'go back and be good to her'. So I came to him (saaws) from his other side and said to him 'I want to come to Jihad with you seeking through it Allah's reward and the akhirah. He (saaws) said, 'is your mother alive?' and I said 'yes O' Messenger of Allah' and he (saaws) said, 'go back and be good to her'. So I came to him from the front and said to him (saaws) 'I want to come to Jihad with you seeking through it Allah's reward and the akhirah', he (saaws) said, 'go back and stay [near] her foot where paradise [is]'" [#2259]

Please keep this fabrication in mind..because this hadith is quite popular amongst Muslims in its *false* wording..seek the ajer of correcting and eliminating such matter..and baraka Allaho feekom 'ajmae'een

:wasalam:

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam

jazakAllahu khayra for that information, you can tell by just reading that fabricated hadith that it is fabricated...how can your mother be the one to admit you or reject you into paradise when she doesn't know if she herself will be in there for sure...i hope our mothers of the whole ummah go to paradise though

wasalam

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

jazakAllahu khayra for that information, you can tell by just reading that fabricated hadith that it is fabricated...how can your mother be the one to admit you or reject you into paradise when she doesn't know if she herself will be in there for sure...i hope our mothers of the whole ummah go to paradise though

wasalam

Wa iyyak akhi..sometimes we just need to read carefully to see problems of the sort you mentioned..that's why it's important that we educate ourselves..and I pray that we all maintain the will to do so

:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

never came across this hadith. the first half is true "Al-Jannah (paradise) is beneath the feet of mothers" but other half is false.

jazaak Allah khair for informing us.

salam alaykum

thats quite weird cause ive heard alot of preachers also talk on it but they never said its fabricated......

time to research in this matter

:hearts::hearts::hearts:

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
wa alaykkum salaam

like brother ahmed_indian, i ve never heard about the second half of the fabricated hadith, i.e. "they admit (into it) whom they will, and they expel (from it) whom they will"

Thanks for ur effort.
Jazak Allahu Khyir.