A Question About Fasting

Firdavs

Hello Brothers & Sisters I am wanting to know something while i fasting for SW Allah, i would like to know what words to speak in the morning before i drink the water and what words to speak before i drink the water in the night?

zbhotto

Banned
A reply

Our local imam says it is nonsense to say some written words while taking late night food (saheri).

Rather he says, without intention fasting is absolutely invalid and the intention has to be made not at the time when you are taking food at late night. Rather intention has to be made when you are going to bed after taraweeh prayer and (listen carefully) he asked to us to say, ''Oh Allah (SWT) allow us to wake up in the late night so that we can take food for fasting in the day'' or something similar to those would be enough.

In such case if you fail to wake up in the late night then you can continue your fasting.

Our imam is very strong and strict in sunnah.

Firdavs

The du`aa' at breaking the fast is
اللهم إني لك صمت وعلى رزقك أفطرت وعليك توكلت
Transliteration: "Allaahumma inni laka sumtu wa `ala rizqika aftartu wa `alayka tawaaklt(u)."
Translation: "God, for You I fasted, with Your prividence I broke the fast and in You I trust."

all righ thanks but what about the morning one before i drink the water?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
all righ thanks but what about the morning one before i drink the water?

before eating and drinking..we take name of Allah : saying Bismillah.

Dua for fasting is: Wa bisawmi ghadinn nawaiytu min shahri ramadan
I intend to keep fast today for the month of Ramadan.

there r no specific dua's for drinking water in night or morning. u pls dont fall into such things.