A Serious Matter - Please Answer!!!

strive-may-i

:wasalam:
Recently my grandmother's condition has worsened unfortunately. They have to give her drugs that kill the pain but that has side effects which make her drowsy and weak. I saw her today in this condition. She was out of it as she would talk about something then slowly trail off and fall asleep then come back to waking up again. It's so saddening. She can't even concentrate for a few minutes. My cousin and I couldn't help but cry when visiting her today.

It's hard for her to stay focused and it makes me think that how am I going to show her Islam when she can't concentrate and is in a bad state. She has such a strong heart and soul. She has never complained about her condition and is usually very patient and calm. I have been praying for her a lot in Salah that she'd be cure from this cancer and live many more happy years before going to Jannah. Despite her being Christian (Church of England) she is such a good person. It looks like that I won't be able to show her Islam due to her state. Before getting cancer she would always look after myself and my cousins and help the family out a lot. I can only hope in the mercy of Allah (SWT) that he will answer my prayers. It's just so tough, please give me help on what I can do.

I know a person in 30's who did not turn up for a week, unable to cope with fact that his grandfather a healthy man in his 90's passed away!

Its one of the hardest things some of us get to see. Watch their beloved grandparents/parents suffer. In your case its much more difficult, since you say she is christian. Its a difficult matter indeed, and if you are the only Muslim in your family, you are in a severe dilemma, but am not sure if you could do much about it, so some restraint and caution would be good.

Its reported that Prophet :saw: faced a similar situation in his lifetime, and :saw: could not do much about it... So we have a lesson, to learn from it. Pray to Almighty, and often some matters are not in our hands...

May Almighty Allah The Guide, The Preserver show the best path ahead... Ameen!

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
Update 2 - Sad News :(

Unfortunately my family and I have learned that my grandmother could pass away at any time due to the fact that they can no longer battle the cancer she as since it is the second time it has come around. Looking back she has been a strong fighter, the doctors said when she first got the cancer that she wouldn't be living next year as they thought it was so bad then but the following year she was still living and going strong.

As I look at the current situation it looks as if I won't be able to show her Islam the way I had hoped since she is getting more drugs that alleviate the pain but make her become drowsy and sometimes fall into a deep sleep. Allah (SWT) knows best at what point she will pass away and it's all up to His will. I've continued praying a lot and asking Allah (SWT) to give her Jannah. Insha'Allah my prayers will be fulfilled. Can someone please give me some closing comments on what I should or can do? Thanks.

a_stranger

:salam2:

I suggest when you visit her say with a soft voice La ellah Ella Allah , Muhammad rasool Allah .....tell her very softly that we should submit our hearts to the one who created us, tell her Allah is most loving , merciful, ..............more merciful than a mother to her child ......he love his creature and love to forgive them....if they turn to him with sincerity..........say this very tenderly ....I pray that those meanings penetrate. To her heart.......

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Agreed, explain to her the meaning also. There are physic and metaphysics. Physic - you teach her the shahadah and the meaning to her. Continue dawah with wisdom, turn the situation to your advantage. Metaphysics - dua and pray for Allah to guide her.

MuslimShadow

errr. i already gave the closing comment....

but wake up for tahajjud salah, ask ALLAH to guide her from the bottom of the heart,be positive while making your dua & then approach her...

peace be with you.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
brother,it's really a sad news and I hope that Allah will soft her pain.
my suggestion is to make to your grandmother to listen the Adhan of the prayer while she's sleeping and to make her listen the surat in which it's mentioned the verses about the death and about the fact that "inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'uun"...give her the peace and be close to her until the last minute,because it will not come back.make her pronounce the shahada with the excuse that you wish her to pronounce some arabic words,in sh Allah it will work....since I've made my father to say the shahada,he's another man,he awaits for my visits to talk about Islam.:wasalam:

Tomtom

Banned
As'alaamu Alaikkum

You cannot trick someone into taking the Shahada. It should be said freely and with a sincere heart and with conviction. Otherwise, they are just lying to themselves.

a_stranger

At those moments who knows pronouncing shahada might help. I think he should try. Allah is most merciful.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
brother Tomtom,with my post I didn't mean to make a trick.I just tried to say what I did in the past and it worked without any ingamn.I just asked to my father to repeat with me the shahada,I explained him the meaning and after that moment he changed his behaviour.he continued reading the Quran until he finished it and still now he likes talking with me about Islam.but between me and you:what would you do to make your dears believe to Allah,if you don't try?it's not a trick,but it's like asking somebody to repeat with you something that it will be helpful for your future life.I've read that if a disbeliever says the shahada before dieing,he will go to Jannah before a muslim,isn't it.what if I hope for my father to go to Jannah before me?