a talk with my non-muslim employee

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:
:bismillah:

i love to have dialogue with non-muslims. not because i attempt to show them the error of their beliefs, but rather having the opportunity to inform the uninformed about islam. granted, i am not a great shaykh from AL-AZHAR in Cairo, but alhamdulillah, ALLAH SWT has me growing stronger and stronger in my deen and has been increasing my knowledge, alhamdulillah.

recently a non-muslim employee of mine were having a discussion about religion. he admitted that he was very ignorant about islam. he didn’t have a negative view of islam as far as the issues of terrorism or jihad are concerned. he was of the belief that islam was too strict. islam is not a strict religion, but we do have limits set by ALLAH SWT that creation shouldn’t cross.

i tried to explain to him, that islam has a concept of servitude that is unique and really cannot be found in any other religion or way of life. we as muslims see ALLAH SWT as our master. in turn, we see ourselves as ALLAH SWT’s slaves. slaves that should be obedient to their master. everything in this world has an opposite, such as oppression is the opposite of freedom, poor is the opposite of rich, good is opposite of evil. there is only one that doesn’t have comparison, and that is ALLAH SWT. the slave ( muslims ) can never be as great as their master ALLAH SWT. the slave is aware that his master provides him his food, his shelter, everything. in his gratitude, he does all that he has to do to please his master.

so if the the master ( ALLAH SWT ) asks his slaves to take out a few minutes out of the day to give thanks to him. the slave acts, and does what he is told. if the master asks for his slaves to share with each other with alms, the slave acts and does it.

my employee never understood that because his religion has a different concept between God and Man. when we muslims do a good deed, we don’t do it for the praise of men, we do it with FISIBILLAH ( for ALLAH SWT’S SAKE ). if we aren’t doing it for him, who are we doing it for?

he didn’t understand that we all are going to be held accountable for our deeds. i always try to explain that if he had children, he would have set rules for them to follow. he agrees to this. he also admits that if they disobeyed him, he would punish them in the way he saw fit. but why? why did he have the authority to punish his children? he doesn’t really know the answer. the answer is, he was able to punish because he brought his children into this world. he has bought them clothing, food, shelter, gifts etc. so he has the right to want his children to obey him. although ALLAH SWT is not our father, he indeed is our creator, who has provided us with everything, therefore he has the right to reward or punish us as he sees fit. i really hope that my young employee was able to understand all of this. ameen

:wasalam:
nyerekareem

Salaam,

Mashallah brother. Very concise and logical approach. Inshallah you've made him think & reflect now. Thinking & reflection is the initiation for dawah.

amatullah sajida

that's good to say

it is logic and easy to follow and not much to argue or to disagree

i hope allah would help u and in shaa allah this employee and others would embrace islam

Being Balanced

Salaam,

Just wanted to add, Islam is a way of life, not only a way of worship. We obey Allah according to His guidelines not solely our own

It is very easy to go to extremes in life. In being extremely strict, rules are followed to the letter and there is no room for discussion or debate. In being extremely carefree, there are no rules and anything can be considered good in life depending on whom we ask. The best path to follow, however, is the middle one; we are not too strict in practicing Islam, nor are we too careless about obeying the commands of Allah. Unfortunately, the middle path is the most challenging one to follow because it requires discussion, debate, mutual understanding and patience with each other.

"O ye who believe! Make not unlawful the good things which Allah hath made lawful for you, but commit no excess: for Allah does not love those given to excess" (5: 87)

In the Prophet’s time, there were those who wished to make vows to be in continuous fasting and prayer, and even never to marry so that they could be closer to Allah. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) discouraged them from this, telling them that he was the Messenger of Allah, yet he broke his fast, took time for sleep, and married women, peace be upon him.

Nichole

Subhan'Allah, the human will always be a slave to somethings ie. money, family, career, desires, laziness. Islam simply takes the state of slavery and transfers it to the One that it is due to, Allah.

ASAL

Masha'Allah brother.
I always love stories of Da'wah.
May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon you.