about the gog mogog?...dajjal....

shabnum

:salam2:

im confused, can any of you please give me a answer in evidence, iv heard of the gog mogog, what are they?... what is their purpose ?.....

are they going to be with the dajjal?.....

:eek: scary.....

wasalaam

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member

The Dajjaal (Anti-Christ), Al-Daabbah (the Beast) and Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj (Gog and Magog)​

Question:
Can you give us an idea about the Dajjaal, Al-Daabbah and Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.
There follows a brief description from the Qur’aan and Saheeh Sunnah narrated from the Prophet
saws.gif
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about these three major signs that will precede the Hour and will come at the end of time just before the Day of Resurrection.

The Dajjaal – a man created by Allaah, who will appear at the end of time because of something that makes Allaah angry. He will spread corruption on earth and will claim divinity, calling on people to worship him. They will be tested by the extraordinary powers that Allaah will grant him, such as causing rain to fall, reviving the earth with vegetation and extracting the treasures of the earth. He will be a young man with a ruddy complexion, short of stature, with curly hair. He will be one-eyed; his right eye will be flat and his other eye will have a thick piece of flesh over it. Written between his eyes will be the word “Kaafir” (disbeliever). Most of those who follow him will be Jews. He will meet his end at the hands of ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (Jesus the son of Mary) who will kill him with a spear in Lod, which is in Palestine.

Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj – two disbelieving tribes from among the sons of Adam. They have wide faces and small eyes. They used to spread mischief on earth, so Allaah gave Dhoo’l-Qarnayn the power to build a barrier to detain them. They will keep on digging at it until Allaah gives them permission to come out at the end of time, after ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) has killed the Dajjaal. They will emerge in huge numbers and will drink up the lake of Tiberias (in Palestine). They will spread mischief on earth and no one will be able to resist them. ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) and the believers with him will take refuge in Mount Toor until Allaah destroys Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj by sending worms that will eat their necks. Then Allaah will send rain to wash away their bodies into the sea and cleanse the earth of their stench.

Al-Daabah – a great creature which Allaah will cause to emerge when the people become corrupt. It will speak to mankind and exhort them, having the ability to reason and speak. It will make marks on the people’s noses which will distinguish the believers from the disbelievers.
(For more informations, see Ashraat al-Saa’ah by Yoosuf al-Waabil or al-Qiyaamah al-Kubra by ‘Umar al-Ashqar).

The responsibility of the Muslim is to believe in what was narrated from Allaah and His Messenger. How many wondrous and strange things has Allaah created in this world, which speak of His might and power, may He be glorified and exalted.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

Jazzak-Allah khair again brother for the 2nd part,I knew about them but not that much in detail.

:wasalam: :jumpclap:

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member

(4) Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj (Gog and Magog)
Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj are human beings, descended from Aadam and Hawwa, upon whom be peace. According to the descriptions of them given in the ahaadeeth, they belong to the Turkic Mongol race, having small eyes, small, flat noses and wide faces. Their faces look like hammered-out shields (their faces are likened to shields because they are wide and round).

Their appearance at the end of time is one of the signs of the Hour, as indicated in the Qur'aan (interpretation of the meaning): "Until, when Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj are let loose (from their barrier), and they swiftly swarm from every mound. And the true promise (Day of Resurrection) shall draw near (to fulfilment). Then (when mankind is resurrected from their graves, you shall see the eyes of the disbelievers fixedly stare in horror. (They will say): 'Woe to us! We were indeed heedless of this; nay, but we were zaalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.)." [al-Anbiyaa' 21:96-97]

In the story of Dhoo'l-Qarnayn, Allaah tells us (interpretation of the meaning): "Then he followed (another) way, until, when he reached between two mountains, he found, before (near) them (those two mountains), a people who scarcely understood a word. They said: 'O Dhoo'l-Qarnayn! Verily! Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj are doing great mischief in the land. Shall we then pay you a tribute in order that you might erect a barrier between us and them?' He said: 'That (wealth, authority and power) in which my Lord has established me is better (than your tribute). So help me with strength (of men), I will erect between you and them a barrier. Give me pieces (blocks) or iron,' then, when he had filled up the gap between the two mountain-cliffs, he said, 'Blow,' till when he had made it (red as) fire, he said, 'Bring me molten copper to pour over it.' So they [Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj] were made powerless to scale it or dig through it. (Dhoo'l-Qarnayn) said: 'This is a mercy from my Lord, but when the Promise of my Lord comes, He shall level it down to the ground. And the Promise of my Lord is ever true.' And on that Day [i.e., the day Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj will come out], We shall leave them to surge like waves on one another, and the Trumpet will be blown, and We shall collect them all together." [al-Kahf 18:92-99]
Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj are also mentioned in the Sunnah, in more than one hadeeth, including the following:

1. Umm Habeebah bint Abi Sufyaan reported from Zaynab bint Jahsh that the Messenger of Allaah
saws.gif
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered upon her one day in a nervous state, saying, "La ilaaha ill-Allaah! Woe to the Arabs from the evil that has approached! Today a hole this big has appeared in the barrier of Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj," and he made a circle with his thumb and forefinger. Zaynab bint Jahsh said, "O Messenger of Allaah, will we be destroyed even though there are righteous people among us?" He said, "Yes, if evil becomes widespread." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 6/381, Muslim, 18/2).

2. Al-Nawaas ibn Sam'aan (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported a long hadeeth describing several signs of the Hour. In this hadeeth, the Prophet
saws.gif
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "… and Allaah will send Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj, swiftly swarming from every mound. They will pass the lake of Tiberias [in Palestine] and will drink everything that is in it. Then the last of them will pass by and will say, 'There used to be water here once.' The Prophet of Allaah, 'Eesaa, and his companions, will be besieged until a bull's head will be more precious to one of them than a hundred dinars are to any of you today. 'Eesaa and his companions will pray to Allaah, and Allaah will send a kind of worm (like that found in the noses of camels and sheep) on their (Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj) necks, and they will fall down dead, all at once. Then 'Eesaa and his companions will come down out of the place where they were besieged, and they will find hardly a handspan of land that is not filled with the stench (of Ya'jooj and Ma'jooj), so 'Eesaa and his companions will pray to Allaah, and He will send birds like the necks of camels to carry them away and throw them wherever Allaah wills." (Reported by Muslim, 18/68).

Islam Q&A

shabnum

jazakallah muslima sis, but is it true that gog mogog will kill humans when they will come out?.......

please can some one answer that for me in evidence:girl3:

sorry is just i want to be sure:confused:

:wasalam:

thank every one for replying may allah reward you for this inshallah ameen.

They (two tribes or peoples) will appear at the time of Jesus son of Mary, after the Dajjaal. Allah will destroy them all at one night, in response to the supplication of Jesus.

Abu Hurayrah reported that the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) said, "Every day, Gog and Magog are trying to dig a way out through the barrier. When they begin to see sunlight through it, the one who is in charge of them says, 'Go back; you can carry on digging tomorrow,' and when they come back, the barrier is stronger than it was before. This will continue until their time comes and Allah wishes to send them forth. They will dig until they begin to see sunlight, then the one who is in charge of them will say, 'Go back; you can carry on digging tomorrow, inshaa Allah.' In this case he will make an exception by saying inshaa Allah, thus relating the matter to the Will of Allah. They will return on the following day, and find the hole as they left it. They will carry on digging and come out against the people. They will drink all the water, and find the hole as they left it, and the people will entrench themselves in their fortresses. Gog and Magog will fire their arrows into the sky, and they will fall back to earth with something like blood on them. Gog and Magog will say, 'We have defeated the people of earth, and overcome the people of heaven.' Then Allah will send a kind of worm in the napes of their necks, and they will be killed by it...'By Him in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, the beasts of the earth will become fat.'" (Tirmidhee, Abwaab al-Tafseer: Surat al-Kahf (Hadith 5160), 8/597-99; Ibn Maajah, Kitaab al-Fitan, (Hadith 4080), 2/1364, Ahmad, Musnad, 2/510, 511.)

Gog and Magog are two groups of Turks, descended from Yaafith (Japheth), the father of the Turks, one of the sons of Noah. At the time of Abraham (p.b.u.h.), there was a king called Dhool-Qarnayn. He performed Tawaaf around the Kabah with Abraham (p.b.u.h.) when he first built it; he believed and followed him. Dhool-Qarnayn was a good man and a great king; Allah gave him great power and he ruled the east and west. He held sway over all kings and countries, and traveled far and wide in both east and west. He traveled eastwards until he reached a pass between two mountains, through which people were coming out. They did not understand anything because they were so isolated; they were Gog and Magog. They were spreading corruption through the earth, and harming the people, so the people sought help from Dhool-Qarnayn. They asked him to build a barrier between them and Gog and Magog. He asked them to him to build it, so together they built a barrier by mixing iron, copper and tar.

Thus Dhool-Qarnayn restrained Gog and Magog behind the barrier. They tried to penetrate the barrier, or to climb over it, but to no avail. They could not succeed because the barrier is so huge and smooth. They began to dig, and they have been digging for centuries; they will continue to do so until the time when Allah decrees that they come out. At that time the barrier will collapse, and Gog and Magog will rush out in all directions, spreading corruption, uprooting plants, killing people. When Jesus (p.b.u.h.) prays against them, Allah will send a kind of worm in the napes of their necks, and they will be killed by it.

Another relevant Hadith:
-Ibn Mas'ood reported that the Prophet (p.b.u.h.) said, "On the night of the Israa' (night journey), I met my father Abraham, Moses and Jesus, and they discussed the Hour. The matter was referred first to Abraham, then to Moses, and both said, 'I have no knowledge of it'. Then it was referred to Jesus, who said, 'No one knows about its timing except Allah; what my Lord told me was that the Dajjaal will appear, and when he sees me he will begin to melt like lead. Allah will destroy him when he sees me. The Muslims will fight against the Kaafirs, and even the trees and rocks will say, 'O Muslim, there is a Kaafir hiding beneath me - come and kill him!' Allah will destroy the Kaafirs, and the people will return to their lands. Then Gog and Magog will appear from all directions, eating and drinking everything they find. The people will complain to me, so I will pray to Allah and He will destroy them, so that the earth will be filled with their stench. Allah will send rain which will wash their bodies into the sea. My Lord has told me that when that happens, the HOUR WILL BE VERY CLOSE, LIKE A PREGNANT WOMAN WHOSE TIME IS DUE, BUT HER FAMILY DO NOT KNOW EXACTLY WHEN SHE WILL DELIVER." (Ahmad, Musnad 1/375. Similar Hadith in Ibn Majah, Kitaab al-Fitan (Hadith 4081), 2/1365, 1366)

By: Imam Ibn Kathir

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a little question... is Al-Daabah what they translate to 'The Beast'???

Yes sister:

The appearance of the Beast

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "And when the Word (of torment) is fulfilled against them, We shall bring out from the earth a beast to them, which will speak to them because mankind believed not with certainty in our aayaat." [al-Naml 27:82]
Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "The Messenger of Allaah
saws.gif
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: 'There are three things which, once they happen, it will do a person no good to believe, if he believed not before, nor earned good (by performing deeds of righteousness) through his faith: the rising of the sun from the West, the Dajjaal, and the Beast of the earth.'" (Reported by Muslim, 2/195).

Abu Umaamah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet
saws.gif
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The Beast will emerge, and it will mark all the people on their noses, and this mark will last, so that if a man buys a camel, and is asked who he bought it from, he will say, 'From the man with the mark on his nose.'" (Reported by Ahmad and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, no. 322).

According to some reports, when the Beast appears, it will mark the believers and the kaafirs. As for the believer, it will make his face shine brightly, as a sign of his faith, and as for the kaafir, it will mark his nose with a sign of his disbelief.

The Qur'aan tells us that the Beast will speak to people, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "And when the Word (of torment) is fulfilled against them, We shall bring out from the earth a beast to them, which will speak to them because mankind believed not with certainty in our aayaat." [al-Naml 27:82]. This kalaam may refer to actual speech, whereby the Beast will address people, which is supported by the reading of Ubayy ibn Ka'b (tunabbi'uhum, i.e., tell them), or it may convey the other meaning of the word kalaam, to wound, which is supported by the alternative reading (taklamuhum, i.e., mark them by cutting them) reported from Ibn 'Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him).

part of the answer to the question #2281 "Signs of the Hour"

Islam Q&A

shabnum

jazakalllah so much that has made it more clearer :SMILY105:

may allah give you so many happiness and your whole family inshallah ameen.

:wasalam:

shabnum

I must say you brothers have alot of knowledge about Islam mashallah that is so good:SMILY231: :jumpclap:

keep the good work up and inshallah one day some body might help you as you helped me jazakallah khair.

acedoc

soem more hadiths on Dajjal and yajooj-majooj

Hadiths from Sahih Muslim

Book 041, Number 6885:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: Today the wall (barrier) of Gog and Magog has been opened so much, and WUhaib (in order to explain it) made the figure of ninety with the help of his hand.
Chapter 9: PERTAINING TO THE CONQUEST OF CONSTANTINOPLE AND THE APPEARANCE OF THE DAJJAL AND DESCENT OF JESUS SON OF MARY (JESUS CHRIST)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Book 041, Number 6924:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The Last Hour would not come until the Romans would land at al-A'maq or in Dabiq. An army consisting of the best (soldiers) of the people of the earth at that time will come from Medina (to counteract them). When they will arrange themselves in ranks, the Romans would say: Do not stand between us and those (Muslims) who took prisoners from amongst us. Let us fight with them; and the Muslims would say: Nay, by Allah, we would never get aside from you and from our brethren that you may fight them. They will then fight and a third (part) of the army would run away, whom Allah will never forgive. A third (part of the army). which would be constituted of excellent martyrs in Allah's eye, would be killed ani the third who would never be put to trial would win and they would be conquerors of Constantinople. And as they would be busy in distributing the spoils of war (amongst themselves) after hanging their swords by the olive trees, the Satan would cry: The Dajjal has taken your place among your family. They would then come out, but it would be of no avail. And when they would come to Syria, he would come out while they would be still preparing themselves for battle drawing up the ranks. Certainly, the time of prayer shall come and then Jesus (peace be upon him) son of Mary would descend and would lead them in prayer. When the enemy of Allah would see him, it would (disappear) just as the salt dissolves itself in water and if he (Jesus) were not to confront them at all, even then it would dissolve completely, but Allah would kill them by his hand and he would show them their blood on his lance (the lance of Jesus Christ).

Chapter 10: THE LAST HOUR WOULD COME WHEN THE ROMANS WOULD HAVE THE MAXIMUM POPULATION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Book 041, Number 6925:
Mustaurid al-Qurashi reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The Last Hour would come (when) the Romans would form a majority amongst people. 'Amr said to him (Mustaurid Qurashi): See what you are saying? He said: I say what I heard from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). Thereupon he said: If you say that, it is a fact for they have four qualities. They have the patience to undergo a trial and immediately restore themselves to sanity after trouble and attack again after flight. They (have the quality) of being good to the destitute and the orphans, to the weak and, fifthly, the good quality in them is that they put resistance against the oppression of the kings.

Chapter 12: THE CONQUESTS OF THE MUSLIMS BEFORE THE APPEARANCE OF THE DAJJAL

Book 041, Number 6930:
Nafi' b. Utba reported: We were with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) in an expedition that there came a people to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) from the direction of the west. They were dressed in woollen clothes and they stood near a hillock and they met him as Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was sitting. I said to myself: Better go to them and stand between him and them that they may not attack him. Then I thought that perhaps there had been going on secret negotiation amongst them. I however, went to them and btood between them and him and I remember four of the words (on that occasion) which I repeat (on the fingers of my hand) that he (Allah's Messenger) said: You will attack Arabia and Allah will enable you to conquer it, then you would attack Persia and He would make you to Conquer it. Then you would attack Rome and AllgLh will enable you to conquer it, then you would attack the Dajjal and Allah will enable you to conquer him. Nafi' said: Jabir, we thought that the Dajjal would appear after Rome (Syrian territory) would be conquered.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 13: THE SIGNS BEFORE THE APPROACH OF THE LAST HOUR

Book 041, Number 6931:
Hudhaifa b. Usaid Ghifari reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came to us all of a sudden as we were (busy in a discussion). He said: What do you discuss about? They (the Companions) said. We are discussing about the Last Hour. Thereupon he said: It will not cone until you see ten signs before and (in this connection) he made a mention of the smoke, Dajjal, the beast, the rising of the sun from the west, the descent of Jesus son of Mary (Allah be pleased with him), the Gog and Magog, and land-slidings in three places, one in the east, one in the west and one in Arabia at the end of which fire would burn forth from the Yemen, and would drive people to the place of their assembly.
Book 041, Number 6932:
Hudhaifa b. Usaid reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) was in an apartment and we were beneath that that he peeped in and said to us: What are you discussing about? We said: (We are discussing about the Last) Hour. Thereupon he said: The Last Hour would not come until the ten signs dppear: land-sliding in the east, and land-sliding in the west, and land-sliding in the peninsula of Arabia, the smoke, the Dajjal, the beast of the earth, Gog and Magog, the rising of the sun from the west and the fire which would emit from the lower part of 'Adan. Shu'ba said that 'Abd al-'Aziz b. Rufai' reported on the authority of Abu Tufail who reported on the authority of Abu Sariha a hadith like this that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) did not make a mention of (the tenth sign) but he said that out of the ten one was the descent of Jesus Christ, son of Mary (peace be upon him), and in another version it is theb lowing of the violent gale which would drive the people to the ocean.

Book 041, Number 6933:
Abu Sariha reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was in an (upper) apartment and we were standing lower to him and discussing (about the Last Hour). The rest of the hadith is the same, and Shu'ba said: I think he also said these words: The fire would descend along with them where they would land and where they would take rest (during midday (it would also cool down for a while). Shu'ba said: This hadith has been transmitted to me through Abu Tufail and Abu Sariha and none could trace it back directly to Allah's Apostle (may peace b.. upon him). However, there is a mention of the descent of Jesus Christ son of Mary in one version and in the other there is a mention of the blowing of a violent would drive them to the ocean.

Partial Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 37:
Battles (Kitab Al-Malahim)

Book 37, Number 4278:
Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Allah will raise for this community at the end of every hundred years the one who will renovate its religion for it.

Book 37, Number 4281:
Narrated Mu'adh ibn Jabal:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The flourishing state of Jerusalem will be when Yathrib is in ruins, the ruined state of Yathrib will be when the great war comes, the outbreak of the great war will be at the conquest of Constantinople and the conquest of Constantinople when the Dajjal (Antichrist) comes forth. He (the Prophet) struck his thigh or his shoulder with his hand and said: This is as true as you are here or as you are sitting (meaning Mu'adh ibn Jabal).

Book 37, Number 4282:
Narrated Mu'adh ibn Jabal:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The greatest war, the conquest of Constantinople and the coming forth of the Dajjal (Antichrist) will take place within a period of seven months.

Book 37, Number 4283:
Narrated Abdullah ibn Busr:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The time between the great war and the conquest of the city (Constantinople) will be six years, and the Dajjal (Antichrist) will come forth in the seventh.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Book 37, Number 4305:
Narrated Imran ibn Husayn:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Let him who hears of the Dajjal (Antichrist) go far from him for I swear by Allah that a man will come to him thinking he is a believer and follow him because of confused ideas roused in him by him.

Book 37, Number 4306:
Narrated Ubadah ibn as-Samit:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: I have told you so much about the Dajjal (Antichrist) that I am afraid you may not understand. The Antichrist is short, hen-toed, woolly-haired, one-eyed, an eye-sightless, and neither protruding nor deep-seated. If you are confused about him, know that your Lord is not one-eyed.

Book 37, Number 4310:
Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: There is no prophet between me and him, that is, Jesus (peace_be_upon_him). He will descent (to the earth). When you see him, recognise him: a man of medium height, reddish fair, wearing two light yellow garments, looking as if drops were falling down from his head though it will not be wet. He will fight the people for the cause of Islam. He will break the cross, kill swine, and abolish jizyah. Allah will perish all religions except Islam. He will destroy the Antichrist and will live on the earth for forty years and then he will die. The Muslims will pray over him.

Book 37, Number 4311:
Narrated Fatimah, daughter of Qays:

The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) once delayed the congregational night prayer.

He came out and said: The talk of Tamim ad-Dari detained me. He transmitted it to me from a man who was on of of the islands of the sea. All of a sudden he found a woman who was trailing her hair. He asked: Who are you?

She said: I am the Jassasah. Go to that castle. So I came to it and found a man who was trailing his hair, chained in iron collars, and leaping between Heaven and Earth.

I asked: Who are you? He replied: I am the Dajjal (Antichrist). Has the Prophet of the unlettered people come forth now? I replied: Yes. He said: Have they obeyed him or disobeyed him? I said: No, they have obeyed him. He said: That is better for them.

Book 37, Number 4319:
Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The Last Hour will not come before there come forth thirty Dajjals (fraudulents), everyone presuming himself that he is an apostle of Allah.

Book 37, Number 4320:
Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The Last Hour will not come before there come forth thirty liar Dajjals (fraudulents) lying on Allah and His Apostle.

hambaAllah

fm ahmad ali

:bismillah:
:salam2: bros n sis
here recording of Shekh Ahmad Ali
waaaaah i hope it work,, not that virtual memory thingy:SMILY23:
:wasalam: :hijabi:

Attachments

• Ahmed Ali - Gog and Magog Part1.mp3
    3.3 MB · Views: 27
  • Ahmed Ali - Gog and Magog Part2.mp3
    3.3 MB · Views: 17

arabiantxn

re

May allah have mercy on our souls and make us good muslims may he protect us and guide us .may allah have mercy on all people and save us.
this thing is scary to me. i feel my nose beeing marked.

shabnum

:ma: very interesting Ahmed ali's hadith, iv heard of his other hadithes hes really good mashallah.

jazakallah for the hadithes.

acedoc

Reciting Surah Kahaf every Friday protection from (Antichrist) Dajjal

Protection against the fitnah of the Dajjaal

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has taught his ummah about that which will protect them against the fitnah of the false messiah (al-maseeh al-dajjaal). He left his ummah on a path that is clear, and no one deviates from it except the one who is doomed. He did not leave any good thing without pointing it out to his ummah, or any evil thing without warning them against it. Among the things which he warned us against was the fitnah of the Dajjaal, because it is the greatest fitnah which the ummah will face until the Hour comes. Every Prophet warned his ummah against the one-eyed Dajjaal, but Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was the only Prophet who warned his ummah more about him. Allaah told him many of the attributes of the Dajjaal so that he could warn his ummah. The Dajjaal will undoubtedly emerge among this ummah, because it is the last ummah, and Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is the Seal of the Prophets. There follow some of the Prophetic guidelines which the Chosen Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) set out for his ummah so that it may be protected against this mighty fitnah, from which we ask Allaah to save us and grant us refuge:

Adhering to Islam, having the right faith and learning the Names and Most Beautiful Attributes of Allaah which are not shared by anyone else. One should know that the Dajjaal will be a human being who will eat and drink, and that Allaah is far above that; the Dajjaal will be one-eyed but Allaah is not one-eyed; no one can see his Lord until he dies, but the Dajjaal will be seen by all people, believers and kaafirs alike, when he emerges.

Seeking refuge with Allaah from the fitnah of the Dajjaal, especially in salaah (prayer). This has been narrated in the saheeh ahaadeeth, such as that narrated from Umm al-Mu’mineen ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who said that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray in his salaah: “Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min ‘adhaab al-qabri, wa a’oodhu bika min fitnat il-maseeh il-dajjaal, wa a’oodhu bika min fitnat il-mahyaa wa fitnat il-mamaat. Allaahumma inni a’oodhu bika min al-ma’tham wa’l-maghram (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from the torment of the grave, I seek refuge with You from the fitnah of the Dajjaal, and I seek refuge with You from the trials of life and death. O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from sin and debt).” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 789)

Muslim narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘When any one of you says Tashahhud, let him seek refuge with Allaah from four things, and say: “Allaahumma inni a’oodhi bika min ‘adhaab jahannam wa min ‘adhaab al-qabri wa min fitnat il-mahyaa wa’l-mamaat wa min sharri fitnat al-maseeh al-dajjaal (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from the torment of Hell, from the torment of the grave, from the trials of life and death, and from the evil of the fitnah of the Dajjaal).”’” (Narrated by Muslim, no. 924)

Memorizing aayaat from Soorat al-Kahf. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded us to recite the opening verses of Soorat al-Kahf against the Dajjaal. According to some reports, the final verses of this soorah was mentioned. This means reciting the first ten verses or the last ten. Among the ahaadeeth narrated concerning this was the lengthy hadeeth narrated by Muslim from al-Nawwaas ibn Sam’aan, in which it says: “Whoever among you sees him (the Dajjaal), let him recite against him the opening verses of Soorat al-Kahf.” (Hadeeth 5228).

Muslim (no. 1342) narrated from Abu’l-Dardaa’ that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever memorizes ten aayaat from the beginning of Soorat al-Kahf will be protected from the Dajjaal” – i.e., from his fitnah. Muslim said: “Shu’bah said, ‘from the end of al-Kahf.’ Hammaam said, ‘from the beginning of al-Kahf.’”

Al-Nawawi said: “The reason for this is because at the beginning of (this soorah), mention is made of wonders and signs, and whoever ponders them will not be deceived by the fitnah of the Dajjaal. And at the end of this soorah, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Do then those who disbelieve think that they can take My slaves as awliyaa’ (lords etc.) besides Me?’ [al-Kahf 18:102].” (Sharh Saheeh Muslim, 6/93).

This is one of the special features of Soorat al-Kahf. There are ahaadeeth which encourage reading it, especially on Fridays. Al-Haakim narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites Soorat al-Kahf on Friday, it will be a light for him from one Friday to the next.” (al-Mustadrak, 2/368. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, Saheeh al-Jaami’ al-Sagheer, hadeeth 6346)

Undoubtedly Soorat al-Kahf is of great significance, containing great aayaat, such as the story of the People of the Cave, the story of Moosa and al-Khidr, the story of Dhu’l-Qarnayn and his building the dam to hold back Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj, proof of the resurrection and the blowing of the Trumpet, and explanation of those whose deeds are most lost, who are those who think that they are guided when in fact they are misguided and blind.

Every Muslim should strive to read this soorah, and to memorize it and read it repeatedly, especially on the best day on which the sun rises, namely Friday.