about to die ......................

lifeisislam

assalamualikum to all ,

i was just thinking that do we really think of death ? , do we think what will be our condition when we are about to die ?, have we thought about the last breath that we will be taking , that last breath which will be infront of our family , there is that nervousness and that suffocation of losing our loved ones , during that last minute of time we want to live for some more time to be with our close ones thinking of doing some good deeds , just for a second we have this pain of leaving the loved ones forever with whom u had so nice time of ur life , we are seeing all these loved ones crying for us and yet we cant do as we are leaving for another place and that place is a place which would be according to our deeds , place where we can have pain our we can have allah's blessing ,

have we ever thought of death ? if we havent lets do that and change our actions to please allah swt

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam, jazakallah for the reminder, may allah reward you.

certainly death is such a serious issue, and as muslims we need to be prepared for it in our best of abilities. and our prophet (pbuh), said that we should visit the grave as it will remind us of death. if you think about it remembering death can make you do soo many good things and avoid you doing many bad things. may allah make us think of death daily, and strengthens our imaan ameen.

remember : death is a destroyer of plesure (of this world).

rose3

assalamualikum to all ,

have we ever thought of death ? if we havent lets do that and change our actions to please allah swt

:wasalam:

thanks for this important question , actually thinking of death every moment is a very very important thing that every Muslim should think

if u think of death all the time so u will not make any sins and u will search only for the good deeds

may Allah show us the right way

BrotherMatthew

Land of the free
:salam2:

''...Are you pleased with the life of this world rather than the Hereafter? But little is the enjoyment of the life of this world as compared with the Hereafter.'' Surah 9:38

Every time I think of death, I think of how Merciful our Creator is and it makes me want to do good to please Him, so that when I die, He could grant me the ultimate pleasure - Paradise

islamdonlyway

''(it will be said to the sinner):Certainly you were heedless of this, now we have removed from you your veil, so now your sight is sharp today'' (50:23)

may allah make us umong the pious, and make us remember death constantly, as its a reality. ameen.

hijabi_sis

SubhanAllah death is something which we have been promised.... Allah says in the Qur'an "Every soul will taste death" (Surah Al Imran).....why do we over look our meeting with Allah... Indeed to Him we belong and to Him we shall return!
W

lifeisislam

surely every soul shall taste the death alhamdulillah , how glories is allah swt he warns us from all the wrong things and takes our test but yet we fail in them , may allah swt make us strong muslims ameen .

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters

In principal, I agree that rememberance of death can undoubtedly make us more conscious of how we live our lives. However, as Muslims, we are in more need than ever before to pay life of this world its due respect and appreciate and live it to the full otherwise we would be wasting what Allah has provided us.

Islam is for life in this world and not the next so we should live this life and apply the laws of Allah in our lives and spread his religion to our bretheren in humanity. We as Muslims can not afford to say goodby to this world and live in isolation or live only thinking of the hereafter.

If we stop taking the life of this world seriously, the non-believers will, and we will fail to show to the world that Islam is the best candidate for living a happy and successful life (in this world).

We need to get the balance right by living the life of this world while not forgetting the one that is forever.

lifeisislam

brothere bawar ,

remembering death doesnt mean one stops living his or her life and is just bothered about death and wants to die , remembering death means that one day or the other u have to die and u have to start preparing for it and should be ready for death to come at any moment of time as we all dont know when are we going to die , remembering death means fearing of allah's punishment's if u dont do what allah swt has asked us to do , and remembering death makes us see to our actions and will makes to be in the straight path inshallah

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Walaikum salam brother,

I do not disagree with you on this point as I stated it in the first line of my post:

In principal, I agree that rememberance of death can undoubtedly make us more conscious of how we live our lives.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is a delicate balance. As we accomplish the deeds in this life we think of the after life. We cannot dwell on death but we can be cognizant of it, constantly.

Life is so good.

We have to remain positive. We do not know when death will knock on the door. I often say to myself..that is one time when I have to answer the door and be dressed to receive Death.

In the interim I have to gain knowledge..I mean scoop it up in handfuls. I have to live each moment and appreciate the sheer beauty of it. I have to educate myself so I can receive guidance. It is a give and take.

So let us stay busy with life while we prepare for death.