Advice needed!!!

ar88

:salam2:

Quick intro:
Iv recently made tawbah (All thanks and praise to Allaah), however just before I did, I was with a girl, who i was very much in love with. But it ended messy, to the state we aint talking no more. Well iv forgotten about the past and moved on from it i find although i found it hard and still find it hard that we wont be getting married to each other (yeh all that luvvy duvvy rubbish) and it hurts that she could be talking to another guy and all that, but she still wont talk to me iv tried ample times, id ask her if she has been recieving my emails thats all nothing further than that really. Bear in mind that I havent spoken to her properly in 6 months. Iv recently started to email hadiths, ayah and some lectures.

Ideally id like her to start practicing and wear the hijaab etc, and that we get married. but that can only happen if she does and repents her sins. For a while I was ok, getting by but just recently its all popped into my head again, that I want to marry her ASAP but the correct way.

Any advice u guys can give, or certain hadith i can send or ayah, or lecture or just general advice of how i can approach this. Please do advise. Much appreciated.

Jazakallah

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
salam to our brother who is in need of our help.

i want you to know that i was planning to type up a new post on something im proud of that i did today and im so tired i want to sleep, but i want you to know that im going to rest my head thinking about ways to help you through this and i promise, inshallah when i wake up tomorrow morning, you will get lots of tips and points to help you through this. but i want you to know we are all thinking and praying for you.

salam and speak to you tomorrow inshallah.

ar88

Jazakallah..
I just want to say I never heard a response like that so genuine... im so pleased to hear it. it moved me deeply

Im looking forward to it insh'Allaah..

jamikarim

assalamo alikom brother.alhamdolillah for your tawbah
iam paraying for you ..inchallah everything will go ok
my niyah is to help you ..even my english is not good. i want to ask you some questions if possible..do you really have the niyah to marry her ? do you want her to be the mother of your children ,? if so ,you look for her , go to meet her wherever she is if you love her and try to talk to her and i wish she eccept your suugestion inchallah

ar88

Jazakallah for your help. I have the niyaah to marry her, if she properly turns to Islaam. i feel it better for me to marry her, because we know each other etc. but i want a pure islamic marriage, with Wali involved etc.
I have been trying to talk to her about Islaam, but she dont answer back. I understand she may not care about me no more...

omahmed

Sister in Islam
Salaam ar88,

Just an opinion - why don't you pray the Istikhara prayer, and see which way Allah moves you. If there is khair and good in marrying her, may Allah fulfil it for you, insha'Allah. If not, may He make your heart easy and content. Sometimes our emotions can make things a bit fuzzy.

Another thing - if you do still feel moved to marry her after this, why not make it very formal, and go ask for her hand in marriage from her guardian, instead of trying to contact her personally. This gives the message that, firstly, you have indeed changed and have the sincere niya to marry her, and secondly, it is open and in plain view of everyone, which is always a better way of doing things. Of course, there is the possibility she may not agree, in which case you should then do your best to forget about her, and insha'Allah, who knows what Allah has planned for you instead.

I pray that everything works out for you, insha'Allah. But be strong, especially in your deen - a good wife will help you into Jannah, but a bad choice might drag you back down. Use your head, not just your heart. And insha'Allah, Allah will make things easy for you because you have good intentions.

Salaam.

jamikarim

assalamo alikom brother
frankly i want to talk to her and explain to her if you want of course
you can send me her email i will contact her inchallah and everything will be ok

ar88

Jazakallah brother for your concern... but i dont think thats the best way to go about it... im sorry... nothing personal... i really appreciate your kindness. jazakallah..

I think i just got to get over it, and just keep giving dawah in a suitable manner... and just leave it to Allaah to do as as the Almighty pleases.

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Lol... "Jamikarim" is a sister alhamdulillah... making her offer a bit more legitimate (It quite scared me too at first when I read it).

However, I think an issue that needs to be addressed here is the thought being perpetuated of things being "ideal" ... Sadly, in reality the world and most of the people in it aren't ideal at all. Ane although we can hope and make du'a that this happens, there's nothing we can do to make it or force it to become so.

No Qur'aan ayaat, no hadeeth, nothing will affect the heart of the person who does not want to let it. It would be ideal if it did. How many of us have relatives, friends, close aquaintances we would want to lure to Islaam if such were the case? SubhanAllaah... Even the Messenger of Allaah 'alayhi salaatu wa salaam who came with all the necessary signs for anyone to recognize him, could not alter all the hearts of the disbelievers.

Guidance, perception and understanding is not in our hands. So akhi, my advice, although it might seem harsh, is that at this point you should abandon all thoughts of marriage to her. Because this is all based on rationale in your mind that - by the condition that she will become better, you will get married. But there is nothing saying that condition will be fulfilled.

And if by chance you fall into sin again - talking intimately and such like, due to even your honest well wishes for her, then akhi what will be your status before Allaah? How will you account for that?

What wishful thinking often does, is dig a person into a deep hole. And I speak from experience on this. Thinking that this is the way it should be, this is the way I want it to be... its just all evasive of reality and brings about a destructive cycle. What breaks it is when you realize, is this really what should be and - what is really good for me? Is it what Islaam mandates, what Allaah loves? Because human desires can be fickle - but the Deen is sound and firm.

Do you want to take a chance on marrying a person right now - when even your Imaan is not confirmed? What if you marry and she stops wearing Hijaab? What if she does it just for you? How will she teach her kids if she herself doesn't show an active interest in Islaam?

What I recommend is you separating from her completely, and forming who YOU are now, and letting things remain with her and see what path she takes in future. She may very well change, and I ask Allaah that He guides her and helps her to that path. Then, if it seems to be favorable, perhaps you can take necessary steps for a halaal future if it is to be inshaAllaah.

Ultimately Allaah knows, so make dua to Him to show you what is best. Make istikhaarah if you wish resolve in your decision, and walk your OWN path at the moment. Give time to yourself to grow as a person, as the ideal husband you would want to be - learn more about Tawheed, Imaan, Kufr, the Ahkaam and Adab of a Muslim. Be the person you would want to be for a wife, and then seek the qualities that are pleasing to you in her... but until then, don't push yourself into this cycle under the pretence of 'dawah' ... you deserve more than that dear brother.

Allaah has opened your heart and eyes, take advantage of that, and don't let anything drag you down. These are my own opinions of course, and they may be right or wrong.

May Allaah facilitate the way to good for all of us.

wasalaam

omahmed

Sister in Islam
Salaam

"Lol... "Jamikarim" is a sister alhamdulillah... making her offer a bit more legitimate (It quite scared me too at first when I read it)."

I have to admit: Me too! lol

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
salam to brother omahmed,

firstly i apologize that i promised lastnight, that i will give you advice in the morning and im apologizing for not fulfilling this promise on time. i had some issues i had to sort out regarding the house im currently renting. its complicated.

anyway brother, i have a few tips. i didnt read everyones messages so im sorry if i repeat what someone said. this is what i think:

- you really really love her, you feel it deep and we can see you show it
- she doesnt seem to feel this way
- would you like to be with someone who doesnt feel the way you do?
- or would you like to be with someone thinking and assuming and hoping thats the way they feel too?
- Is it worth spending your time trying to get her when she is not interested not even in a phone call
- is this the type of person you really really want to live with despite her beauty within her heart or despite the good you see in her?
- if you marry her and you have 1% doubt of how she feels about you, this might not help the future relationship between you and her being together.
- this shows how stubborn she is because she will not even talk to you, if she becomes your wife one day, and you upset her or something happens, is this how she will react. couples always fight, if she cant take this one, can she take whats coming. believe me, so much you havent seen yet. living with someone is different then not living with them. but it is still beautiful and so beautiful but life is not perfect. we argue with our parents these days and sometimes hate ourselves so its not as simple living with someone.

-Allah loves you so much, he probably sees so much wrong in her that he doesnt think she is meant for you or the right person for you to marry and Allah looks at your future not just present needs. so pray istikarah to find out what Allah subhana wa talala wants for you.

-make dua 'oh allah i love her so much, i feel its strong love, i want to marry her but if this is not right for me in my life, religion, livelihood, future etc then take it away from me and make it easy for me to deal with and if you know this is right for me in my ....... then make it easy for me to get and softer her heart to me.

- to be honest, if she miss you, she will cry and not sleep and not eat and not reject your calls and maybe to an extent that she may spy on you because of how much she miss you and loves you and wants you. BUT SHE DOES NOT CARE NOR FEEL THIS.

- you seem like a nice person, you deserve best, dont let ladies that dont appreciate you or try to shut you out of their lives, dont let them think your desperate or keen or sorry or what ever its called.

- most ladies love men who are tuff (like myself) i love it when i upset my hubby and he doesnt speak to me or even look at me, i like it because it shows his a man and a man that is punishing me by not talking to me because it hurts me the most. so with less than an hour i could not stand it so i hug him and apologize and he sits down and corrects me and we enjoy the rest of the day. its all about showing who you represent.

as a man, you represent the same respect the prophet (saw) earned from his wives. as a man, you are to stick by your word. try not to be soft. it will make ladies play, seek your attention, boss you, have their word over you, etc. dont be soft. be tuf.

so brother, as a sister, i tell you, put on your sunnies, walk the streets, without thinking or believing she exists. look after your health, heart, and your self, make yourself happy by putting the pass aside including all the love and good in her.

if she is seeing someone else, she might be happy with him, she might love him more, he might feel more for her than you do though you think your love for her is beyond, but they will feel different about each other than you and her would because maybe they are meant to be. so if she is happy with him, and you really love her, you will let he be happy and rely on Allah and trust that he has a better person out there not so stubborn and a person who respects you and is not a souk.

I say all the above with no hard feelings, i say it because i feel these issues and points need to be addressed to you. you should think about them not block them away because of the strength of love you have for her.

this is a test / trial for you, Allah will test you patience, Allah will test if you rely and trust that he will solve it for you, Allah will test if you rely and trust that he has someone else better for you, Allah will test you Iman - are you going to keep being sad, depressed, etc, or are you going to take care of yourself and put on a smile and continue your life in the hope and trust that Allah has created a beautiful and amazing lady just for you. she could be your neighbour, an old lady, an ugly lady, a dumb lady, lol, joking okay, just want you to laugh,

she will be inshalalh, a lovely and loving person, beautiful as can be, loving heart, smart etc but all this to be seen in your eyes not necessary everyones eyes, she is for you. just for you.

so if you want this, dont fight for the one who might be seeing someone else, dont fight for the one who is stubborn, dont fight for the one who you love and she has no heart to answer 1, 1 call from you.

im sorry if you feel im saying bad things about her, or if you dont like the way i speak about her but i really do not mean this, i just want to point some points out to you that you might have blocked because of how strong you love her. she is perfect, loving, nice, beautiful, all the package a man can have, then why, why doesnt she speak to you, or answer 1 call, or forgive you... so thats why i say above but im feel bad saying some of the things i said and if i upset you forgive me and tell me so i can delete it but i put it there for you to see the good and bad and then decide is it worth fighting for.

salam.

ar88

Jazakallah for your replies..

I say sorry for assuming tha jamikarim was a brother... hope u see the funny side. although it makes it more legitmate i dont feel that the best way..

After thinking deeply about ur posts, i think kalaas im done with that business. As said by samiha, i need time to grow for too long iv been restricted, dare i say i wanna be free for a while... Alhamdullilah iv never been so happy in my life as I am now, but it just this one thing, I see it like a mountain and i know i got to get over it...

And sister thank you for your reply, no need to say sorry for the late reply. i needed someone to be frank, im living on hope... so i gotta be real with myself and admit that i really got to move on.
and usually i give no time and day to women even in Jaahiliyah, but i guess we all have the one who makes you weak. but Alhamdullilah your right I got to man up... and just move on.

Two questions i have:
Iv been sending emails to my old friends including her: hadiths etc.... I know i should carry on with my friends but with her??

And can i make dua for her: so that she is guided thats all...

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Jazakallah for your replies..

Two questions i have:
Iv been sending emails to my old friends including her: hadiths etc.... I know i should carry on with my friends but with her??

And can i make dua for her: so that she is guided thats all...

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

i think sister samiha gave you the best advice,which i see you considered seriously..

about your Questions:

you can make duas for anyone(as far as i know)xcept for the magfira of dead non muslims.so yes inshallah you can make duas Allah guides her inshallah.

about emails,then brother like sister samiha says cut all contacts with her.may be you can hand over this job to some female member of the family or some female friend of hers.i say this because you never know when you fall back into the same mess you just came out from.Don't give shaitan a chance.we are to do dawah/islah,yes,but to opposite gender,especailly when you have feelings for her,i don't think it's safe for your imaan to do so.Leave it.remove her from your email and chat lists and try to move on inshaa'Allah.

inshaa'Allah you understand your situations better then us.and Allah knows best

jazakallah khair.

omahmed

Sister in Islam
Salaam

I agree - great advice, masha'Allah!

Wishing you all the best, brother ar88 - it's great that you have that attitude.

May Allah make everything easy for you, insha'Allah.

Salaam.

jamikarim

asalmao alikom brother
no need to be sorry my brother,no prblm alhamdolillah.i thought talking to her is a good way but that was my opinion .and i want to tell you that iam a sister, and if i were a brother i won't ask you to give me her email at all.
sister smiha's advices are great .never forget that allah with you ,and always ask him to guide you to the right path inchallah

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
salam

good to see you progress. alhumdulilah.

i agree with 'seekingsallahsmercy', its true and you should follow it.

about the emails, yep, i agree, DELETE HER EMAIL! thats it, if you progress you have to block her and any communication you have whether it will come out from you or her. so dont send her anything. she doesnt seem to want help, or asked for help so you are not responsible and she doesnt seem to appreciate those emails so rely on Allah to pass them on to her through other ways.

about making dua to her, thats okay but make one big dua and tell allah to not forget her, guide her and help her and always take care and protect her because he is our protecting friend and you cant communicate to her in any way. In this regard, if i was you, it will help to stop those duas too. the more duas you make, thats like thinking about her. that wont be helpful. this is only for your sake and to help you. you must, must, stop and block it all.

i will make so much duas for her and i promise, i will try to take care of that. so thats in my hands. just for you to move on. you cant move on by making duas for her because it shows you care for her.
In Islam, she is not your wife, she is not under you care, this might lead to more feelings coming back in the future. so leave it with me or leave it with Allah and trust your lord, rely on him, thats why he is there and is our creator. dont think that if i dont make dua for her Allah wont guide her. Rely and trust your lord that he will take it from there and he will take care of her. when i have a problem, i say this: 'oh allah, i cant solve it, its getting out of hands, i block this problem from my head and trust that you will help me to solve it and make it easy for me to solve. i rely and trust you, i therefore keep you in charge of it' i swear, i swear, that same day, the problem is taken care of. but i dont just say it like that. i say it with allllll my heart.

if one day down the track you hear she is sick, or hurt or anything like that. thats okay to make dua, its fine. but remember she is still a sister and your a brother. love and feelings in this regard should be controled.

TRUST AND RELY ON ALLAH FOR HIM TO TAKE CARE, PROTECT AND TAKE CHARGE OF HER, AND LEAVE HER HEALTH AND FUTURE IN ALLAHS HANDS.

though there is no problems in making dua for her. but i only say this to help you and her.

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
Don't e-mail her, and don't expect a person to change for you. :]

so much fish in the sea it stinks.

lol. i like this for some reason. i think its because i really feel so sorry for the brother that im upset for what his going through and so i think its right what you said.

but im sorry if i agree with this message brother, so please forgive me but thats how i feel too.

YEP, SO MUCH FISH IN THE SEA IT STINKS!

lol.

salam to all.

ar88

With Allaah power thank you for you response... i shal be taking your advice.

and thank you making dua for me.. its much needed.. and for her... to be honest coming on here was a last resort but such a blessing to meet people like you honestly... jazakallah.

lol and to be honest im not thinking of the sea and fishes... going to concentrate on myself ... am i wrong to??