American television is rubbish!

rayray

Tyra irritates me. She projects herself as is if she's someone who's all knowing or all- wise... "empowered woman" oh c'mon!

American television rubbish? How about, it's hard to find something worth watching on American television instead?

Cougar Town
Desperate Housewives
"Dennis Richard's It's Complicated"
TMZ
The Fifth wheel
Blind Date
Cheaters
Cops
Date My Mom
The Bachelor
The Bachellorette
Girls from the Playboy Mansion
The Insider.. (Why'd someone wants to preoccupy themselves with someone else's life is beyond me)

and many MANY more.

Seriously, what kind of shows are these?

..........It's better to go outside and watch flowers grow.

I don't have anything against people who watch these (I have watched the shows I've mentioned, and when overcome by idleness or boredom plop myself on the sofa) nor the directors who made them. (One can argue it's "freedom of speech", "creative license" and etc.) But, how can one not be concerned with the youth exposed to these shows?

They portray divorce, promiscuity...cheating? in a very entertaining and exciting way that kids might think it's OK.

That's why to those parents in America who have raised their kids with intact values. I salute thee, IMMENSELY. I imagine virgin islets in a sea of promiscuity.

My concept of America may indeed be boxed. But don't judge me. I only made them mainly from watching..... the TV! :D

Sakeena

.......DONT GET ME STARTED ON HER!

That girl is such a damn liar. She should be ashamed! She's the one who met some old people and ran off to them, then said her parents were going to kill her. THEN, she ended up being sent back anyway - and is still alive today, because she's a liar.

She thinks that Christians are morally better than Muslims, I converted FROM Christianity to Islam, and my "good Christian family" threatened to excommunicate me.

I couldn't agree with you more sister Alf2!!
I can't stand Rifqa Bary!! :angryblue: She's SO annoying!! SubhanAllah, what do you guys think will happen to her? I worry about her family. May Allah SWT protect them ameen!!

:tti_sister:

Sakeena

reality shows

Tyra irritates me. She projects herself as is if she's someone who's all knowing or all- wise... "empowered woman" oh c'mon!

American television rubbish? How about, it's hard to find something worth watching on American television instead?

Cougar Town
Desperate Housewives
"Dennis Richard's It's Complicated"
TMZ
The Fifth wheel
Blind Date
Cheaters
Cops
Date My Mom
The Bachelor
The Bachellorette
Girls from the Playboy Mansion
The Insider.. (Why'd someone wants to preoccupy themselves with someone else's life is beyond me)

and many MANY more.

Seriously, what kind of shows are these?

Don't forget:

16 and Pregnant

The Secret Life of the American Teenager

Basketball Wives

Rock of Love

I Love Money

and all the other stupid reality TV shows!!

This is the List of Shows NOT to Watch! It's all trash! :mad:

SubahnAllah...

:tti_sister:

Sakeena

runaway

.......DONT GET ME STARTED ON HER!

That girl is such a damn liar. She should be ashamed! She's the one who met some old people and ran off to them, then said her parents were going to kill her. THEN, she ended up being sent back anyway - and is still alive today, because she's a liar.

She thinks that Christians are morally better than Muslims, I converted FROM Christianity to Islam, and my "good Christian family" threatened to excommunicate me.

jamilk99 wrote:

"If a Muslim sheikh or imam had lured a Christian girl on facebook to travel across the country and come stay in his home, he'd rightly be charged with kidnapping. However, this priest is being portrayed as a hero who saved this girl from her "evil" Muslim parents. There is no evidence whatsoever that her parents are religious fundamentalists (they allowed the girl to be a cheerleader!). The claim that because there are cases of "honor killings" by other Muslims (half-way across the Earth), these Muslims will also kill their daughter is simply ridiculous. It is worse than guilt by association; these parents are being punished for the actions of people half-way across the world, who they have never met, but happen to believe in the same religion as them." 10:42 PM on 9/03/2009

I agree with Jamilk completely! :hijabi: this girl is nothing but a trouble maker! How come this has never been brought up before and what should be done to put this ridiculous matter to an end inshallah? :mad:

She's spreading lies about Islam and Muslims!!! :angryblue:

Salam Al Marayati from the Huffington Post wrote:

"Last month, she hopped on a bus to Orlando to meet with Rev. Blake Lorenz, who she met through a Facebook prayer group for the couple's non-denominational Global Revolution Church.

Her parents reported their daughter missing and local news covered her disappearance for a full two weeks before police were able to trace her to Lorenz's Orlando church.

Here's what happened when Rifqa was found: Lorenz decides to remain silent and displays Rifqa to a local television news station. She launches into an emotional plea to save her life from Islam. She claims that her parents "love God more than me" and therefore have to perform an honor killing on her. She argues "it's in the Quran". No it's not, sweet little Rifqa. It's not in the Quran. Whoever told you that is either ignorant or a liar. You should look it up yourself before claiming it's in the Quran.

Rev. Lorenz is then quoted in a local television station report saying that if a Muslim leaves his religion and does not return to Islam in a couple of days, then he must be killed. He claims that someone showed him the verse. There is no such verse, Rev. Lorenz. In every faith, apostasy is shunned but ultimate judgment is left to God, not people."

*snickers* Busted!!! :hijabi:

So... what do you guys think about this?? :blackhijab:

Sakeena

See, I know its available on "Satelite" but it doesnt give a channel. It gives a degrees and I dont get that. I'm not the most technologically advanced person :girl3: To me, Comcast is satelite. And it uses channels, not degrees or whatever.

My grandpa had DirecTV and I type in "Islam" or "Muslim" and most of the time nothing comes up... :girl3: telling that there's nothing good going on in the Muslim community at all inshallah?? :( Oh well. I have my books and art work mashaAllah!! :hearts:

Sakeena

I am dinkering around with this at work... I am overwhelmed by the amount of music on each of these channels.

Hmmm, yeah I found that we have like 20+ music channels with that cable box (I forget the name of it lol) :hijabi: it's crazy!!