Ants

Amina 1

Assalam Alaikum:hearts:

I know this is a weird question but it is something that has bothered me. I was at the playground with my son and a group of boys were running around roughhousing and one of them saw an ant and before I could say anything started torturing it with his play car saying die die and laughing like it was great fun to torture it. He ran away to catch up with his playmates. I was sitting there thinking how horrible it was when all of a sudden I spoted the ant that he had chased into the dirt and tryed to kill. It was still alive and walking in crazy circles. I felt bad for it. I asked Allah to give it mercy. My question is should I have killed it to end it's suffering?? I don't like to kill any thing even bugs. I did not kill it when I left it was still walking in crazy circles.
I feel guilty because I did not know how to help it . But does anyone think I should have killed it?

rawan86

so sweet!

salam aleykum habeebti amina,so kind of you you wouldn't kill any bug even! lucky u,i would totally support your opinion ,u might have killed it just not to suffer though ,i think is permisable because it's valid for animals that have desease suffer alot ,you can euthanize them so they wouldn't be in Pain ,it's like your helping them knowing what is following for them but if you see for example animal missing his leg but being okay then is not terminal case so you wouldn't want to kill it ! very interesting question!:hijabi:

Amina 1

Assalam Alaikum:hearts:

Thank you sister rawan86:hearts:I know that it says that we should not kill ants , bees or spiders. I could not really tell if it was horribly injured or just stunned I felt guilty about it when I got home . I still don't know what I would do if it happened again.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

maybe you did the right thing. somebody asked question of this type to a scholar and he told that you should not kill it. it is Allah Who gives cure and takes life.

Allah knows best

Amina 1

:salam2:,

maybe you did the right thing. somebody asked question of this type to a scholar and he told that you should not kill it. it is Allah Who gives cure and takes life.

Allah knows best

Assalam alaikum
Jazaaka Allaahu Khayran Katheera:hearts:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
You got yourself some answers :)..just thought I'd note that if you see anything like that happen next time..you should interfere and *gently* explain the wrong in harming a creature even if it's tiny and small...

Rasulullah (saaws) saw some men burning ants with fire because they were being bothersome...and he (saaws) was very angered and told them "No one punishes with fire, except The One who Created fire!"

So feel free to interfere and protect :)

P.S. I admire you for your kind heart..mashallah..la qowta illa billah!

:wasalam: