Appealing to the Brothers!

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam aleikum,

I need ideas of gifts, presents.

I have absolutly no ideas of what a good gift could be for a brother...and i'm sure you lot can give me some tips. It's quite urgent, so any suggestion is welcomed.

Sisters you can participate as well :)

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
:salam2:

A rest watch
a mobile phone
pair of shoes
a jacket
sat nav, if driving and hasn't got one
car-air freshner
keyring
your favourtie book
alarm clock with Azan
and greetings of peace

I see that this is the day you were born

Wassalamu alaikum

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

hmm, I only bought somethings for my youger bro, a PS2 game which I partly wanted aswell :D *cough*

Lol, anyways, gift ideas, a watch is a nice idea, I second that.

Maybe you could get a really nice fountain pen or something - depends on the person aswell to an extent.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

LOL I like giving gifts and taking as well lol :) . It brings happiness and increases love. hmmmm how about a silver medal with the first letter of his name??

A Kashmiri

Atar (Non-Alcoholic perfume)

Sallamu Alaikum.

I Prefer to have non Alcholic perfume myself, but it is OK even if we use Alcholic perfume. See below....

Question: Many perfumes and some cosmetics contain alcohol. May a Muslim use these?

Answered by Sheikh Salman al-Oadah

It is lawful to buy, sell, and use perfumes and cosmetics that contain alcohol, because the amount of alcohol is not significant and it is mixed with other materials.

It is not used as a drink, otherwise would be unlawful, even for selling and buying. If we say that such products are impure, then we have to say the same about many items such as gasoline and many other petroleum products that contain alcohol.

Even for intoxicating drinks, the preferable saying is that they are pure in and of themselves. They are unlawful because they intoxicate, not because they are impure.

When the Qur’ân calls wine as abomination, it is emphasizing that it is bad and forbidden. That is why it is mentioned as an abomination along with gambling, sacrificing to idols, and divination by arrows, none of which are physical impurities according to the agreement of the scholars. Therefore, there is no evidence in this verse that alcohol is impure.

If intoxicants were impure, they would not have been poured into the streets of Madinah while there is severe warning against who those who urinate in the roadways. Also, when intoxicants were prohibited, people were not requested to wash their utensils or clothes from it, not even those containers that held liquor. In one famous hadîth, a person was not asked even to clean the containers that contained alcohol. [Sahîh Muslim (1579) and Sunan al-Nasâ’î (4664)] All this is supported by the general principle in Islamic Law that things are assumed to be pure unless otherwise cited with evidence.

And Allah knows best.

http://www.islamtoday.com/show_detail_section.cfm?q_id=221&main_cat_id=4

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Sallamu Alaikum.

I Prefer to have non Alcholic perfume myself, but it is OK even if we use Alcholic perfume. See below....

Question: Many perfumes and some cosmetics contain alcohol. May a Muslim use these?

Answered by Sheikh Salman al-Oadah

It is lawful to buy, sell, and use perfumes and cosmetics that contain alcohol, because the amount of alcohol is not significant and it is mixed with other materials.

It is not used as a drink, otherwise would be unlawful, even for selling and buying. If we say that such products are impure, then we have to say the same about many items such as gasoline and many other petroleum products that contain alcohol.

Even for intoxicating drinks, the preferable saying is that they are pure in and of themselves. They are unlawful because they intoxicate, not because they are impure.

When the Qur’ân calls wine as abomination, it is emphasizing that it is bad and forbidden. That is why it is mentioned as an abomination along with gambling, sacrificing to idols, and divination by arrows, none of which are physical impurities according to the agreement of the scholars. Therefore, there is no evidence in this verse that alcohol is impure.

If intoxicants were impure, they would not have been poured into the streets of Madinah while there is severe warning against who those who urinate in the roadways. Also, when intoxicants were prohibited, people were not requested to wash their utensils or clothes from it, not even those containers that held liquor. In one famous hadîth, a person was not asked even to clean the containers that contained alcohol. [Sahîh Muslim (1579) and Sunan al-Nasâ’î (4664)] All this is supported by the general principle in Islamic Law that things are assumed to be pure unless otherwise cited with evidence.

And Allah knows best.

http://www.islamtoday.com/show_detail_section.cfm?q_id=221&main_cat_id=4

Great Post.
It makes perfect sense, perfume should be okay IMO.
If Atar is okay so should be perfume. (they both emit fragrance).
And perfume won't make you drunk :lol:

warda A

Sister
Appealing to the Brothers!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Assalam aleikum,

I need ideas of gifts, presents.

I have absolutly no ideas of what a good gift could be for a brother...and i'm sure you lot can give me some tips. It's quite urgent, so any suggestion is welcomed.

Sisters you can participate as well

how old is he?

hello sister, the age is an important factor, so how old is he?

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Thank you everyone ¨:)

Yes, today was my birthday. Reached 18, alhamdoulilah.

The person in question is 23.

I think i`ll go with the perfume inshallah.

Anyone with more ideas?

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu sister

A male Muslim of around 23 might like a number of things. Best is known to the person near to him. How about an interesting Islamic book which he has not read? Or you might gift a sherwani? (Only people from Indian Sub Continent would love that though)

wa/salam