ARE YOU A RACIST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muslimah2010

WE ALL WANT TO BELIEVE AS MUSLIMS THAT WE WOULD WANT TO ACCEPT PEOPLE FOR WHATS IN THEIR HEARTS AND NOT WHAT IS ON THE OUTSIDE. BUT THATS NOT ALWAYS THE CASE. IN HONESTY HOW MANY OF YOU HERE WOULD EVER MARRY SOMEONE OF A DIFFERENT RACE BLACK TO WHITE. TO WHITE TO BLACK?

OsMaN_93

Here to help
im not expecting anyone to say no :confused: ....so whats the point?

AND ALLAH KNOWS BEST!:salam2:

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

I am not racist. I married my same race but from another country. But I do know what you mean. Because while visiting my husbands country a women said we only marry from here and I told her obviously not because my husband married me! She did not have much to say after that but that hurt me because of her ignorance. oh and she was muslim. Do you want to marry another race is that why your asking?

:wasalam:
Sister Amirah80

user expired!

Sister you have to understnad it's not always about colour but sometimes cultural sensivities, language and even sometimes silly things like accents.

I'll give you an example i would not like to marry someone from my native country unless they have been born and raised in the west. Does that make me a rascist to my own race? the answer is no! This is because each and everyone one of us has different expectations and sometimes it can only be fulfiled by a certain people that may include ones owns race or another.

Just because you don't want to marry someone from another race doesn't make you a rascist but to believe that you are better then them or they lower then you just because of their race does!

hope that answers your question.

kubra_2002

Allahu Akubar!!!!!

Sister you have to understnad it's not always about colour but sometimes cultural sensivities, language and even sometimes silly things like accents.

I'll give you an example i would not like to marry someone from my native country unless they have been born and raised in the west. Does that make me a rascist to my own race? the answer is no! This is because each and everyone one of us has different expectations and sometimes it can only be fulfiled by a certain people that may include ones owns race or another.

Just because you don't want to marry someone from another race doesn't make you a rascist but to believe that you are better then them or they lower then you just because of their race does!

:salam2:brother and sisters.. I respectfully agree with this brother

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
SAY WHATTTTTTTTTT???????\

Asalam Alakum,

Straight Up....... Why be racist? 4 what? arent we all created by one god? arent we created from the same element? Im sorry to sound rude but i despise racist people... Im white in color... but that doesnt mean anything...

"LA FERG BEEN AAJAMIYIN WA ARABI ILLA BIL TIQWA" which also goes 4 color....The color of the person does not mean anything...It does not show whether hes good or bad...

I would marry a person with color if ALLah has written that 4 me.... SO WHAT?

"INama Umrahu itha arad shay3en en yagoool lahu kun fa yakooon"

salam,

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

I dont know if this was to my post or the original but I do agree with you Because language and other things could be an issue clearly. But cultural should not play a part in it (but I know sometimes it does) because our culture should be Islam because it is more than a religion this is our way of life. So muslim from here or there no problem. But other things like language and so on could be. Good Post!

But in my instance I felt she meant as if she were better than me! Some people hate when other race or cultures mix. As if that person owes them something. It happens here in america with blacks and whites mixing. I see it and could care less who marry to but some it a big issue.
:wasalam:

Sister Amirah80

cmelbouzaidi

Asssalamu alaikoum,

Racism exists in Muslim countries just as anywhere else although it is so far from the teachings of Islam and our beloved Prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him. We know what some of our beloved Prophet's final words were, telling us an arab is not superiour over a non-arab nor a white person over a black person and vice-a-versa..... However, how many of you have heard of someone being described as beautiful as they had white skin or blue or green eyes? I am sure I am not the only one has heard this from Muslims as well as others. None of these things matter, it is our iman that matters most and how we worship Allah, if only we would understand.

You will find SOME arabs looking down on black immigrants in North Africa. You will find here in the u.s.a. SOME non arabs who want to keep a masjid just for there own kind and make the arabs and others feel not so welcome (personal experience). In such cases, one must do their utmost not to generalize and judge entire groups and races of people as we are not the judges of anyone at all.

These things happen and it seems to be more common in older generations, from what I have observed anyway, so, Insha Allah, with time it will become less and less of an issue.

Wassalam

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge

LoL Brother. I understand you EXACTLY. LoL. Your Bangladeshi? Correct?

LoL that's kinda the same with me to. I wouldn't care if she's not Bangladeshi, just gonna care about what's in her heart. Brothers and sisters, I'm dead up serious. And I won't care what my parents say either, because they're not going to live their life through me, like what they are actaully doing! And besides, by that time, I'm gonna be out of the US, LoL :D. And than after I finish my Hifz course in Kuwaite, I'll go to South Africa to amke sure I got the correct Tajweed. And than I'll learn from great Sheikhs, Like Imam Anwar Al Awlaki, and I'll travel the world to learn.

And than I'm going to be doing Tablighs. Like go for 40 days to 4 months to places like Pakistan, India, China, Germany, The Netherlands, and most importantly, Latino America.

Like I've got this intention to go to the Dominican Republic for Dawah, and that'd be like 40 days - 4 months, and than to Puerto Rico, and than on and on, Inshallah.

And like brother User expired, well, it IS kinda like what he said, except I wouldn't care if she's an American Zitizen or not, I'm just going to like ehr if she's a knowledgable and pious Muslimah, just like what I'd see in any other.

And also one drawback-I'm hoping that she'd be able to talk English too, since I'm not good in Bangla, cause I wasn't rasied talking Bangla properly, and so I've got to learn from myslef now :rolleyes:

But anyway, I hope I get the Muslimah that I said about above, regardless if she's Bangladeshi or not, or if she's white and all that nonsense. The wanting to be white thing has been a big thing in the media today in Bangladesh. It's obviously one of those Bollywood related things that make girls get crazy to be "beautiful" and all that Bull. And it's something that makes Lux or Fair And Lovely get the Multi Million TKs, LoL. Like it shows naturally white Bangali girls, and they might not even BE Bangali! LoL. Those fakes on the Lux commercials are probably just Indian/Pakistani/Bangalis who are "all that stuff" and that makes them like magazine fools.

But anyway I kinda alked a bit too much about that, and I've got to go now, os,

Assalamu alykum Warahmatullah Brothers and Sisters.

ohhockleng

Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters, I'll never be a racist but I'll be a racist if I met with another racist.

palestine

Servant of Allah
wallahil 'adheem in my heart i would never hate someone because of color. i always make speeches about racism. so to your question i would DEFINITELY marry outside of my race. because i want to break the cycle of hate. and i'm not saying this because i expect people to think i will say this but because i'm being true to myself. sometimes i'm so sick of this world that i feel like death should arrive for me quickly. astaghfirullah. salam.

palestine

Servant of Allah
as a muslim i want to follow in prophet muhammad's footsteps. i would not let culture get in the way of my deen. deen is more important. i have friends who are palestinians, africans, and caucasians. what breaks my heart is that many parents say yes we believe what islam says...but my daughter/son you cannot marry so and so because they are white/black/asian/arab...etc etc. and i do not agree with this nor would i ever make my future children marry someone whom they do not want nor wuld i make their lives hard just because they want to marry someone is not of their race. as long as they are practicing the deen i'm fine with them. truly their is a day called akhirah- and for that day i'll wait for allah to give each person the justice they deserve. because it is truly wrong to force someone or to hate someone because of color. all i want is my muslim brothers and sisters to reunite and to recognize each other by their islamic identity, not by their cultural identity.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Allahu Akbar sister Felasteen! Subhanallah, true words. Mashallah sister that's the thing that I like about you, it's that you speak wisdom, and you say things that are true, nad words fro myour heart (alot like me, LoL).

LoL this is really funny, and I think all of you know, but if you don't well, I'm Bangladeshi. But whenver I went to my Masjid when the Jamats come and when I stay and travel with them, ther are alot of Pakistani brothers and elders, Subhanallah. Even though the majority of the people at the masjid are Bangladeshi, Alhamdulillah.

And so her's the funny part:

I come across any elder or uncle, and they start talking to me in Urdu and they think I'm Paksitani, LoL. Mashallah that's funny. But the funniest part is when they get suprised or shocked when they ehar that I'm Bangladeshi, or when someone tells them, LoL. And whenver they talked to me in Urdu or anything, I jsut thought that it was a thing that they just do, and whenever they talked to me all I was thinking was if they knew that I'm not Pakistani, cause it seems obvious to me that if they know I'm not Paksitani, than they wouldn't alk to me in Urdu, and I never found that out that I look Paksitani until I went to a Jamaat two weeks ago with my Uncle (my Paksitani and paternal Uncle).

And so it was the last day like at 11:00 befotre Zuhr, and this Uncle came. He looked pretty much Bangaldeshi, and at the beginning I thought he was India, but I could tell that he was prety much Bangaldeshi. So anyway, he asked my name and I said Abdul Hasib, and he siad, "Ah, Abdul Hasib. You look like your Indian or PAksitani," and than this other Bangaldeshi brother who I know well, and who was with the Jamaat, was like, "Yeah when I first saw him, I thought he was Paskitani," and so I was kinda blushing a bit (DON'T say anything about it, LoL :p), and so I left it like that; unti l another Uncel came after Zuhr.

The Unce was Pakistani and partially betwen Pathan and Panjabi. And so we were eating and stuff, and than my Uncel was like to me, "Sorry that there's no more rice Abdul," and so I told him that it's alright, I satarted learning how to eat with Pita bread (LoL, picked it up :D), and so my Uncle asked if it's common to find people eating rice in Bangladesh, and than the Uncel asked my Uncle, "He's Bangaldeshi?" And so my Uncle told him that I was, and by him asking that question, I could tell that he mistakened me for being Paksitani. LoL.

I understand why it was easy for peopel to mistaken me to be Pakistani. I use to have light tan skin, and the Islamic clothes that I wear was made in Paksitan, and it looks like the kind of clothes that Pakistani brothers were. LoL.

But now, gosh I somehow got a bad sun tan this week in jiust two days, LoL. Like now my skin looks more like it's a shiny brown, LoL. Waah. :D Gosh I use to love my skin, I was SO careful, LoL. Like I'd get so scared of getting my skin darker that I always hid in the shadows outside, I'd face awys from the sun, and than I'd cover up my face when I'm in direct sunlight, LoL. Gosh I'm gonna need sunblock lotion now. :D

And by the way, what I said above has nothing to do with me not liking borwn, LoL. It's jsut that I'm going to be Salafi in a few years whn I'm like 20, and the clothes I'd wear would be my regualr kind of Islamic clothes (alright I'll spit it out, the Pakistani men's clothes LoL. :D), And I'm going to be tying a Pagree/Turban (PS, anyone know this in Arbic? LoL.), and than if my darn hair starts getting off from the back of my head (I mean when it's above my earlobes), than I'd leave my hair to go apst my earlobes, and than leave it long that way, LoL. In other words, Afganistani. :D I don't care what peopel say, I LIKE IT, AND IT LOOKS HOT! LoL. :D

So anyway that's all I've got to say.

And sister Albit AlMuslimah, LoL I didn't know you wer here! LoL. Mashallah, how have you ben sister? I w\miss your old jokes, come on, bring em on, LoL. :D

Assalmu Alykum Warahmatullah everyone, and JAzakallah Kyr for all that you guys siad.

i dont know but i think i am cause my whole family mostly is....shameful however i try not to b anymore....its jz that the environment has a huge impact on ur personality and attittude towards others........:(:(:(

palestine

Servant of Allah
i dont know but i think i am cause my whole family mostly is....shameful however i try not to b anymore....its jz that the environment has a huge impact on ur personality and attittude towards others........:(:(:(

:salam2: dear brother you are able to make the change. if you truly search deep in your heart you can change. because it's not only your people that will always support you. you might come to fall in love with a girl from another race, or maybe be friends with a man who's from another race. the question is- do YOU want to be racist? of course not bro., so do not think it's too late to change. it takes a while but you'll change. see i'm somalian or african if you want it that way- and what i don't like is the fact that some other cultures look down on us, and as an individual too. although our ancestory goes back to the arabs we are still discriminated and told to go back to our lands. so then what do i think of you when i hear you saying that you think your racist? well my mind tells me- you're one of those he must hate, although i do not know. but still i respect you and admire you and love you for the sake of allah because what matters is you're MUSLIM. and that's what counts. and brother abdul hasib jazakallah. you've got funny experiences. salam.

palestine

Servant of Allah
remember brother podoslki you are one person, but you are able to change an entire society with just your heart. always remember that islam is stronger than color!

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
And sister Albit AlMuslimah, LoL I didn't know you wer here! LoL. Mashallah, how have you ben sister? I w\miss your old jokes, come on, bring em on, LoL. :D

Asalam Alakum,

Alhamdlillah i been great, well i just came back thats why. College is a pain, anyway its great 2 be back and its great to see u again my rival enemy(LOOOOOOOOOOL, J.K)

P.s Dont worry my pockets are full of jokes, hope u can handle them.

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
Look around you sister, you see many dark people are married to white people and the other way around. my mom was married to my dad and he is from Sudan. she is from morocco. so i dont think that true muslims would be racicts.

salam wa rahmat allah wa barakatou.

island muslim

Salaam Alaoiykum brothers and sisters,

this al hqiqah does not sound like a muslim cause NO muslim will say the things he says. He claims like Islam is only for arabs.

This is someone who log in everyday under different names cause he get banned before and all he seeks is to sow discord and make the reverterd brothers and sisters feel bad. He has a tendency to especially pick on the reverts.

may allah give him what he deserves ameen! and brothers and sisters make the dua insha allah.

Status
Not open for further replies.