Assalam Alaikum

serena77

Assalam Alaikum

I just joined, and haven't even gone over the forums yet. Wanted to say hi, .. I'm here to learn and to meet peoeple and get to know them. I haven't reverted yet, but i want to. my life situation ... i live w/ parents who are very against it and even though i'm 34... i'm still expected to follow what my mother says, in her mind... no matter what. So i'm still reading and learning and will probably have to do so no matter what she says ... but w/ her view ... I have delayed it.. sadly.. its frustrating to me because I know where my path should lead... but hers i fear will never be the same.
Serena

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikkum,

Sister, Welcome. I don't think reversion is a big ceremony. If you just make the testimony of faith i.e. There is no God but Allah, and Prophet Muhammad SAW was his messenger. According to me, you are already in Islam, since you believe that There is no God but Allah and Prophet Muhammad SAW was his messenger.

Mairo

Maryama
Wa aleikum salaam and welcome Serena! Do not worry, Allah knows the faith and sincerity that is in your heart. Even if you are not currently in a place where you can practice freely and openly you can still declare your faith and keep it alive in your heart until the time when God makes a way out for you. While you are living with your parents continue to always treat them with kindness, love and respect. Best wishes to you, may you continue to learn and be blessed.

Melvin

Walaikum Asalam,

I was in the same situation....though I am 17. I do salaat secretly....and I know my parents would hate what I am doing. But Allah is the most important thing in life. Make the shahadah. Learn your prayers and stay devoted to Allah. The Quran says that following our parents blindly is devastating.

Melvin Amos

serena77

one of my favorite Nasheeds ...
thank you melvin... yes. i know i need to make the leap... one of my biggest issues is my non perfection in some things.... it bothers me and keeps me from it because i hate that it won't be perfect right now.... and then there's the issue w/ my parents.

may Allah help your parents to the right path, and if that isnt possible, then at least understanding for your path.

Jak for the welcome to everyone .... i have to say... since i'm still new on the site I love these smiles :) some of them are just so perfect ....
Salaams
Serena

esperanza

revert of many years
salam

one of my favorite Nasheeds ...
thank you melvin... yes. i know i need to make the leap... one of my biggest issues is my non perfection in some things.... it bothers me and keeps me from it because i hate that it won't be perfect right now.... and then there's the issue w/ my parents.

may Allah help your parents to the right path, and if that isnt possible, then at least understanding for your path.

Jak for the welcome to everyone .... i have to say... since i'm still new on the site I love these smiles :) some of them are just so perfect ....
Salaams
Serena

dear sister..welcome to this site and hope you will learn alot here inshallaj

about your parents ,dear,be pateint,,if you decide to take shahada,,you can do in your heart,,and slowly change your life

and as for the perfection thing..noone is perfect,even those who seem so ,we all have weaknesses,we are all on a path to better oursleves

the importan is to make that step of belief,the rest comes with time and understanding,...you cant do everything at once ..you have to take it day by day ,,step by step

may Allah guide you sister and were all here to help you inshallah

Melvin

One thing that hit me while reading the Quran was when it asked who is gonna stand with you on the day of judgement. It actually made me think.....so I felt that that was giving me the slight push to take my shahadah. It's true though.....only ourself is gonna stand and be judged for our deeds.

May Allah bless you on your path. :)

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh,

Welcome dear sister, islam is in all of us, we are born with it, hamdullilah you are now aware of it, hamdullilah.

I said my sahadah at work in front of my computer about 1 year ago, at first time when i read the words. As dear brother said, you dont need a ceremony, just faith in Allah swt.

If we wait for the aproval of all the people around us, we will never do anything, it is imposible to make all the people happy, but is important to do what you know now that is right, inchallah. You are not perfect ? welcome in the club.

Inchallah you will find the way to be the best as you can in deen and to keep respecting your parents. May Allah guide us, ameen

:salam2:

Mairo

Maryama
:salam2:

It is good to remember that actions are judged by intentions. With regards to the desire to be perfect, consider this wonderful hadith which reminds us of the graciousness and mercy of Allah.

” The one who is proficient in reciting the Quran will have the reward to be in the company of the honorable and obedient angels. And the one who recites the Quran and finds it difficult, stumbling and stammering through its verses while trying his best to recite it, will have a DOUBLE reward.” Bukhari

We are not called on to be perfect. We are called to believe, have faith in God, and strive with our lives to enjoin good and forbid evil to the best of our abilities. We are all here to help each other on this path. You might find inspiration learning about the companions of the prophet at the time Islam was being revealed, as many of them went through difficult situations as you are facing now.

Wasalaam,
From your sister in Islam.