at what age do i teach religion to my son

revert2007

Love Fishing
assalamualikum.my son is going to be 5months old in May.i would like to know,at what age do i teach him religion.now i am just singing dzikir and reads quran to him and he does enjoy it.what else can i teach him now?

revert2007

Love Fishing
You are already teaching him, sister, masha-Allah. He sees you pray and make du`aa'. He notices you always telling the truth, treating people nicely and being helpful and supportive. Best teaching is by example.

He will soon be asking plenty of questions, insha-Allah. That's when you instill Islamic teachings and values by answering his questions. May God bless the both of you.

thank you.MAy Allah blesses u

I think teaching Islam is so different than any other knowledge as it can be taught at anytime, from how we being alive, walk, talk, eat, sleep, breathe and so forth. How we practise Islam in our life will somehow generate to our off springs. :)

tabaria

:salam2:

He's already learning. For instance, when my nephew was about two and half and he wanted to go outside he used to bring my sister her hijab and ask to go out. I see other kids at a very young age pray beside their parents.

When he's three or four you can start telling him children versions of stories of all the prophets. And start teaching him the short chapters of the Quran.

:wasalam:

palestine

Servant of Allah
Sister what i would strongly recommend from the age he is now till he grows up, is explaining to him WHY HE IS A MUSLIM, so that he doesn't follow blindly and doesn't get confused. example: sweety, you and i are Muslims because we love Allah/submitted to Allah. something that he can understand sister, in simple words. start out small and go big. jazakAllahu khayran for doing your part. asalamu alaykum wrwb.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Sister what i would strongly recommend from the age he is now till he grows up, is explaining to him WHY HE IS A MUSLIM, so that he doesn't follow blindly and doesn't get confused. example: sweety, you and i are Muslims because we love Allah/submitted to Allah. something that he can understand sister, in simple words. start out small and go big. jazakAllahu khayran for doing your part. asalamu alaykum wrwb.

thanx a lot forthe tips.InsyaAllah i will tell him.May Allah blesses u and ur family