Bible....what is the context of these verses?

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I'm helping one sister to daawah her catholic mother.

Jesus said he was sent for the Jews only, not to the Gentiles (non-Jew). Therefore, it is imperative Bible and Christianity have nothing to do with non-Jew. Following are the verses frm the Bible.

Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.
Mat 10:6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel.
Mat 15:24: He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

But the christian claim below verses prove that christians to be preached to all:

(Mat 28:19 NIV) Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
(Mark 16:15 NIV) He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

Obviously, the above are clear contradictions can be found in the bible. But I still not sure how do explain Mat 28:19 and Mark 16:15?

Um Abdur Rahman

Sclava lui Allaah
As'salamu aaleikom
may ALlh help u in dawah

I suggest u to lesen may audios and see videos with dr Zakir Nike..ma sha Allah may Allah keep him between us many years

[yt]2IoyrY5OycY[/yt]

wa aaleikom salam

happy_now

First, I am not an expert on Christianity at all. I still have my Disciple’s Study Bible (NIV) and it gives a lot of explanation (interpretation) to the verses.

I think you are taking just 1 line and not paying much attention to what is surrounding it. I hope this helps.

This is what it has to say about the verses you mentioned:

(Matt 10:5 through 15 is about a single mission of evangelism – not all missions. )

Matt 10:5-15 ……..”Why limit to the Jews in this mission? Obviously God had prepared the Jews for the message. They had received the promises of the Messiah (Isa 7:14; 42:1-7; 53:1-7; Mic 5:2). Jesus cared for all peoples and commanded that they be reached, but He sent the 12 first to the people He had prepared. …..”

Matt 15:21-28 …….”Jesus responded as if He would not heal her daughter. He expressed the primary focus of His personal ministry on the Jews and tested the woman’s faith. The woman’s faith persisted and Jesus responded to her faith and healed her daughter. Jesus focused on Jews but responded compassionately to Gentiles with faith. ……”

Matt 28:19 “This verse is crucially important in our understanding of the Christian doctrine of the Trinity. This one verse emphasized both the unity and plurality of God. Keep in mind the fundamental emphasis of the Old Testament concerning there being on ly one God. Add to that the New Testament recognition that three are recognized as God: God, The Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Many assertions are made concerning the divine nature of each of the three Persons. Many passages show that the work of one involves the work of one or both of the other two Persons. Here the unity of God – the oneness of God – is shown by the emphasis on baptizing in the name (singular), rather than the names (plural) of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Sprit. There is no hierarchy of persons there. The three are named on a coordinate level, apparently. We must be careful that we do not lose either the unity or the diversity in the nature of God. …..”

Mark 16:15-16 (the actual scripture) Go into all the world an preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.